mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I also think there is a possibility that jones might decline an immediate rematch. His camp could say they want to fight glover and then gustaffson after. I think glover would be a much easier fight for jones.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Glover is terrible. He's an easy fight for anyone who can stuff bad TD's and has good striking.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glover Texeira?
    I thought he looks like a beast.. then again I don't know how UFC styles mesh.... so I dunno

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Glover Texeira?
    I thought he looks like a beast.. then again I don't know how UFC styles mesh.... so I dunno
    Glover is terribly overrated. Jones will dismantle him. I do hope Glover gets the shot next before a Jones/Gustafsson rematch. Need to build some hype. Perhaps ufc 20 year show depending how far out it is.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Aydin wins! Another chalky play hit's yet again! Also have him parlayed with Warren. And other parlays with Coy, Held, Alessio, Tirloni, & Sarnavskiy.

hougigo

Been working, didn't know anything was on today. big cards tomorrow though.
    Stevenson/Cloud
    Chavez/Vera
    Those are the two big ones

Fistula
    Fistula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Boxing betting is pretty crap the next two weeks. Cloud at 2/1 looks like decent value if he can manage to box a bit.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
    Boxing betting is pretty crap the next two weeks. Cloud at 2/1 looks like decent value if he can manage to box a bit.
    If though. IMO, it's interesting. Cloud is basic and has trouble with Boxers.... if Stevenson wants to stand toe to toe, it's going down. If Stevenson moves and isn't linear, Cloud will have some troubles

Mercersux

If though. IMO, it's interesting. Cloud is basic and has trouble with Boxers.... if Stevenson wants to stand toe to toe, it's going down. If Stevenson moves and isn't linear, Cloud will have some troubles
    Hard to see how Stevenson loses that fight. Haven't even looked at the line yet but I'd go Stevenson hard if the value is there.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Hard to see how Stevenson loses that fight. Haven't even looked at the line yet but I'd go Stevenson hard if the value is there.
    I think he has a better chance. Fighting at home, Cloud a very basic fighter, he has a decent amount of power.
    As long as he doesn't make it a phone booth fight and put cloud into a position he can actually win, Stevenson will do fine. Literally everybody has outboxed. Mack was outboxing him before he was stopped, Campillo outboxed him and move all night, Hopkins schooled him.
    Stevenson can win as long as he boxes

Ron_Paul_2012

Been working, didn't know anything was on today. big cards tomorrow though.
    Stevenson/Cloud
    Chavez/Vera
    Those are the two big ones
    Yes. I have a small Chavez/Stevenson parlay. Was looking forward to watching Andy Lee too. Curse you David Haye!

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Yes. I have a small Chavez/Stevenson parlay. Was looking forward to watching Andy Lee too. Curse you David Haye!
    I'm starting to think it was on purpose... who the hell spars that hard a week before the fight?
    Nobody.... nobody is that stupid... light sparring in the last two weeks unless you're trying hard to make weight like Rios.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I think he has a better chance. Fighting at home, Cloud a very basic fighter, he has a decent amount of power.
    As long as he doesn't make it a phone booth fight and put cloud into a position he can actually win, Stevenson will do fine. Literally everybody has outboxed. Mack was outboxing him before he was stopped, Campillo outboxed him and move all night, Hopkins schooled him.
    Stevenson can win as long as he boxes
    cloud sucks...unless this is in texas and king has the judges in his pocket dont think he has much of a shot

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    cloud sucks...unless this is in texas and king has the judges in his pocket dont think he has much of a shot
    He really does... if you stand still, things can get interesting. I don't think Stevenson is that stupid though

hougigo

I think Stevenson wins... but I don't think this fight will be an all out Brawl... that'll only favor Cloud.
    I think he wins, but by decision.... I think I'll take Stevenson NITD for +112.... taking that in case it does turn into a brawl and Cloud wins. Cloud is basic, but he hits hard

hougigo

I'm also going to pick Stevenson by decision... I really think he'll win this one by decision. I don't think Stevenson will KO cloud, Cloud's got a decent chin and trading with him is dangerous.... so IMO... either Cloud KO or Stevenson decision. If Stevenson KO's him I got nothing, haha. Getting it at +445
    Also Chavez Jr. seems like a good to go ITD.
    Vera is moving up 2 weight classes, Chavez is going to come in huge and have more energy to pressure.... give me the fat giant slob -210

Mercersux

Are they showing the Stevenson fight before or after the Chavez Jr fight? Hoping i can get some action down for Stevenson after get out of work but might miss the bell. FML !!!

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Are they showing the Stevenson fight before or after the Chavez Jr fight? Hoping i can get some action down for Stevenson after get out of work but might miss the bell. FML !!!
    Undercard is on TV now. Alvarez is taking it to Miranda right now.

MD

ETA to the Stevenson fight? I have some stuff I need to do and can't catch the undercard.

hougigo

I keep digging myself into a hole, hahaha.
    ouch

MD

Vera 1, 2, 4; Chavez 3, I think.

MD

Chavez 5.

MD

Round 6 was clearly Chavez, round 7 was a very clear Vera round until Chavez staggered him with a big left hook. I'd still consider giving it to Vera though. May reconsider if I rewatched the round, but I'll score it 10-9 Vera for now.

EDIT: Round 8 was a clear Vera round. Vera 1, 2, 4, 7, 8.

Chavez needs a knockdown to win on my card. Judges could see it differently though. Chavez looks done, so I'd be surprised if he manages to lose the last two rounds and then win.
    Last edited by MD; 09-28-13 at 11:06 PM.

MD

Vera 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10. Vera 97-93.

There was a round or two that could have gone to Chavez, but even if you gave every close round to Chavez, I would still consider it to be close to a robbery if Chavez won.

Chavez is the biggest bitch I have ever seen in my life. Don't take it out on the ref just because you didn't train son.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

wow 98-92!

MD

96-94 Chavez, 97-93 Chavez, and 98-92 Chavez!

Boxing is such a joke. Those scorecards were a robbery in and of themselves. There is no argument for Chavez winning eight rounds. None.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11287

This is why boxing pisses so many people off. Chavez clearly lost this fight and refs paid off to give him the win. I hate that this sport has to be so fukking foul. I wish the FBI or congress would get involved and start investigating. This is an aberration.

Fukker, came in out of shape, didn't give a fukk about the fight and gets a victory he didn't deserve.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11287

Vera deserved better. He gave a great conciliatory speech there. I really feel for him. Corrupt fukkers.

vicshap
    vicshap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

c.j. ross, and now this. boxing never ceases to sink lower.

Mercersux

Anyone who knows boxing knew the fix was in for Chavez Jr. Vera's only way was a ko/tko. Only silver lining to this is we all may get to see GGG perhaps bury Chavez Jr. Would be nice. Also who didn't see Stevenson's romp coming from a mile away.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is why boxing pisses so many people off. Chavez clearly lost this fight and refs paid off to give him the win. I hate that this sport has to be so fukking foul. I wish the FBI or congress would get involved and start investigating. This is an aberration.

Fukker, came in out of shape, didn't give a fukk about the fight and gets a victory he didn't deserve.
    Ha! They are even more corrupt than the judges! But I do agree that something must be done about some of these judges.

hougigo

Getting burried and Chavez Jr. robs the bank.
    You know... when I talk about who backs you and A-side in fights....and those conspiracy theories of winning before the fight is fought or as long as you're still standing?

hougigo

Wow, Wlad down the -500 now. I had heard that Russian money was flowing pretty heavy on Povetkin... but just saw the lines now.
    Wlad should KO him.... don't know how he'll fair if it goes to a decision in Moscow.... Povetkin's, now ex-manager, dropped 23 million on this fight to happen

hougigo

Russian money is heavy on Povetkin... huge drop since opening.
    I'm taking Wlad by KO with Sasha decision just to be sure as a hedge

hougigo

Also Cotto via decision....
    I'm on a pretty bad run BTW, so if you don't agree feel free to fade, you might actually win

First ... 37383940414243 ... Last