hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know it sounds like it's not going to happen... then again... how many times did Marquez knock down Pac in their last three fights, let alone put him to sleep... I nearly shat my pants when that happened.

It's unlikely, but a dog that i'm interested in. Not saying it's a lock or anything, just a dog that I'll put a little down for fun because I think it's interesting that it might hit.

Fistula
    Fistula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Yea... SU is the best option, lowest he's been in years.... just another dog I think has an interesting chance of biting... I think it's a less of a chance than Gonzo was... it's just an instinct thing.
    I'm doing a small prop on the KO, nothing big. I said 20 earlier... maybe like 10 now or something.
    If anything, I think the prop on the spread is best. It's like 9.5 and a 8-4 scorecard across the board is good enough.
    I'm going SU and spread for sure.

Also I signed up for your thing... going to confirm the email later
    Cool. Thanks for joining.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
    Cool. Thanks for joining.
    Yup, I'll activate later... I hate logging into my email

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I know it sounds like it's not going to happen... then again... how many times did Marquez knock down Pac in their last three fights, let alone put him to sleep... I nearly shat my pants when that happened.

It's unlikely, but a dog that i'm interested in. Not saying it's a lock or anything, just a dog that I'll put a little down for fun because I think it's interesting that it might hit.
    I think Canelo's fight IQ is far higher than it's perceived to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he were a more intelligent fighter than Pacquiao. I certainly don't think we'll see him rush straight into a counter as Pac did. I think Mayweather can finish him, but he's a big, strong, durable guy, who's very young, hungry and well-trained. He's the most dangerous guy that Mayweather has fought in quite some time, and Mayweather realizes this, too. Stylistically, it's actually a pretty favourable matchup for Mayweather, but I still think that Mayweather will win a decision the majority of the time here. I'm thinking 70%+.

I can't fault you for taking the Mayweather KO line, there are a lot of variables at play and a lot of uncertainties, I just don't see it, so I'll be on decision prop.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Mayweather KO or Unanimous Dec @ -127 is the play imo.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think Canelo's fight IQ is far higher than it's perceived to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he were a more intelligent fighter than Pacquiao. I certainly don't think we'll see him rush straight into a counter as Pac did. I think Mayweather can finish him, but he's a big, strong, durable guy, who's very young, hungry and well-trained. He's the most dangerous guy that Mayweather has fought in quite some time, and Mayweather realizes this, too. Stylistically, it's actually a pretty favourable matchup for Mayweather, but I still think that Mayweather will win a decision the majority of the time here. I'm thinking 70%+.

I can't fault you for taking the Mayweather KO line, there are a lot of variables at play and a lot of uncertainties, I just don't see it, so I'll be on decision prop.
    He might have the intelligence and I don't see it or just never had to use it with the competition he's been fighting. From my perspective, he's been taking high school freshmen level courses to prepare for his doctorates exam.
    I believe Canelo would do the same thing though as Pac if he was under the same mentality and emotion as Pac for that fight.

While the decision prop is most likely the go... I just can't help but feel that it's a possibility.
    I'm taking the spread prop to cover both bases as I think the spread will cover the KO too last I checked and it's slightly better odds.

hougigo

This KO thing is just a feeling that I have, I'm not saying it's in stone. Just putting a little on it along with the spread prop

hougigo

If I ever post a MMA pick on here... I have no credibility...because I suck at MMA.
    If you see me post a pick or though in another thread, take it with a grain of salt. There are guys here that know way more about MMA than I do.

hougigo

Well... just found out the WBO want to make a fifth Pac/Marquez match if Marquez and Pac win their fights.
    Looks like they're going to try and force it now..... so.... don't really see how they think this'll make a fifth fight.
    This does have me worried about his Bradley fight though

Fistula

Initial top-30 rankings for heavyweight to light welterweight are now posted! This is really falling into place nicely, and I suspect by within a few months it will produce rankings more strictly based on accomplishments that any other rankings. Check it out and let me know what you think. I've worked a lot on this and it's now almost ready to go. I'll keep to betting on your thread from after this

www.worldboxingrankings.proboards.com

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I don't always enter this thread but when I do it's to look at hougigos avatar

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
    Initial top-30 rankings for heavyweight to light welterweight are now posted! This is really falling into place nicely, and I suspect by within a few months it will produce rankings more strictly based on accomplishments that any other rankings. Check it out and let me know what you think. I've worked a lot on this and it's now almost ready to go. I'll keep to betting on your thread from after this

www.worldboxingrankings.proboards.com
    Interesting.... I only looked at HW... what's your policy on inactivity and if they lose points for it? Helenius may be injured, but he's still been gone for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I don't always enter this thread but when I do it's to look at hougigos avatar
    They bring good luck.... Jennette Mcurdy is next

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Mayweather KO or Unanimous Dec @ -127 is the play imo.
    Mayweather by KO? Do you really believe that? HOw the penetrate is MAyweather gonna KO someone like Canelo? How the penetrate is that gonna happen? Tell me how?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Mayweather by KO? Do you really believe that? HOw the penetrate is MAyweather gonna KO someone like Canelo? How the penetrate is that gonna happen? Tell me how?
    Exhaustion or cuts if it were to happen.
    No secret Canelo gasses and mayweather could go 15 if he had to. He'll be chasing mayweather around the ring and he'll pot shot him every single time with his right hand.
    Could cause a cut or Canelo could be so tired in the later rounds that he has no response forcing a stoppage.
    This is all coulds and maybes though. I just have a small bet here with the spread and SU Mayweather being the stronger ones of the fight

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Hes gonna hit that chin!!! oh yeah....penetrate you cinnamon boy!!!

What up bro? you planning on playing Dec? yeah, most likely outcome but what if Cinnamon guy gets all tired? Canelo doesnt have a good footwork and thats pretty dangerous against MMjr.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I dont think about cuts in that fight. Possible? Always.

Moneys gonna pot shot cinnamon gal just like that. 12 rounds long. Sauls just gonna plunge forward as always and eat some chocolate burgers.
    I believe hes gonna catch him but Money will survive and show who the master is.

hougigo

I dont think about cuts in that fight. Possible? Always.

Moneys gonna pot shot cinnamon gal just like that. 12 rounds long. Sauls just gonna plunge forward as always and eat some chocolate burgers.
    I believe hes gonna catch him but Money will survive and show who the master is.
    Yea, that's why I'm taking the spread. Canelo can't throw combinations very well unless his feet are planted and he won't rip those same 6-7 combinations unless he can get Mayweather against the ropes.
    He'll do it from time to time, but without a good enough jab, good luck with that

hougigo

Might make a degen play here for Sprott/Teper...going to watch some vid

hougigo

Well, I'm going small on this one... but w/e

Going to take Sprott -120, nothing big though

Just got to go with experience here. Even though Sprott is old, he can take Teper into deep waters. I've seen the opponents he's fought and they're pretty laughable. Teper is a big guy who in the fights i've seen likes to stalk his opponents and let some combos go once he's in range.

Sprott is a guy who's no stranger to getting KTFO, but at the same time.... I just have to take the experience here. Teper will be stalking from the get go and Sprott will be waiting for his opening.

I have a feeling this'll end in KO... but for the time being... I'm taking Sprott

I need to stat keeping track of this.....maybe I'll start again with the thing

hougigo

Trying that spreadsheet thing on here to try and keep a record of my picks.
    I'll start with the Sprott fight tonight and see how it goes from there

Fistula

[QUOTE=hougigo;19497366]Interesting.... I only looked at HW... what's your policy on inactivity and if they lose points for it? Helenius may be injured, but he's still been gone for a while

15 months inactive and a champion loses his championship, and a contender loses all his points and is kicked out of the rankings. I didn't look to see if anyone's been active that long when I made the rankings, but I see Helenius fought in March.

hougigo

[QUOTE=Fistula;19504636]
    Interesting.... I only looked at HW... what's your policy on inactivity and if they lose points for it? Helenius may be injured, but he's still been gone for a while

15 months inactive and a champion loses his championship, and a contender loses all his points and is kicked out of the rankings. I didn't look to see if anyone's been active that long when I made the rankings, but I see Helenius fought in March.
    He did, fought Sprott. I just thought he was inactive longer because he hasn't fought anybody significant since Chisora... but injuries can be a biatch.
    15 months is a little long don't you think?

hougigo

WTF.... wondering if the Sprott fight went off because I can't find anything about it anywhere

hougigo

Well, that started off fine, lol.
    Started with a loss, Sprott KO'd in the first round.
    Decent fight card next week.... big week is next week.
    Monday Night Fights tomorrow, Collazo -230.

He should win... but I gotta look at who he's fighting

hougigo

Watching Alan Sanchez fights for tomorrow... this boy is big.... 6'1 is pretty damn tall for a WW..... Collazo ain't no midget though, he's at 5'9.
    Money seems to be coming in on Sanchez though because he dropped from -230 to -195

hougigo

I'm going to have to switch avi's soon....The One is coming up and I need to be prepared.... probably change it to Miss Jackson or something... Floyd probably isn't banging her anymore though

hougigo

Watching Alan Sanchez fights for tomorrow... this boy is big.... 6'1 is pretty damn tall for a WW..... Collazo ain't no midget though, he's at 5'9.
    Money seems to be coming in on Sanchez though because he dropped from -230 to -195
    Ughh... torn right now. Sanchez has the height and if he keeps his distance, he can make it a difficult fight. The fights I watched of him though, there were moments when he'd get up close and that doesn't really suit his size... distance would best suit his physical attributes.
    Collazo would love to fight up close and inside and if that happens I see him winning the fight. His last fight against Callist he was still able to throw good combinations, cut the ring and hurt Callist with the left hand. I know he's lower tier, but this at least shows he's not too far gone

Don't know yet.... I'm leaning Collazo... I see this as a close fight. Doesn't help Sanchez has been off for 9 months either while Collazo's was close to 5.

Too much experience against inexperience again... but I'm not basing it so much here like I did against Sprott. Collazo isn't so old and past his prime that he's horrible. He's still putting up a fight and performing at a middle level.

Watching the line and seeing if it drops any more

hougigo

Made up my mind... I'm taking Collazo in this one.
    I'll probably make the play in an hour or an hour and a half to see if it dips any lower that -160.

Also going small on Collazo by stoppage.
    Sanchez has been a pro for four years and he's going against a former champ who isn't too far gone and has fought some good competition compared to Sanchez.
    Probably not going to hit... but I'm taking a chance at +600

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Made up my mind... I'm taking Collazo in this one.
    I'll probably make the play in an hour or an hour and a half to see if it dips any lower that -160.

Also going small on Collazo by stoppage.
    Sanchez has been a pro for four years and he's going against a former champ who isn't too far gone and has fought some good competition compared to Sanchez.
    Probably not going to hit... but I'm taking a chance at +600

Im in on collazo too. Sitting @ -220 on my book. Thinking i may wait too see if i can get a better price.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Im in on collazo too. Sitting @ -220 on my book. Thinking i may wait too see if i can get a better price.
    Whoa really?
    What're you using?
    He's down to -160 on 5d right now

Mercersux

Whoa really?
    What're you using?
    He's down to -160 on 5d right now
    Really? Fuuu im on betus.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Really? Fuuu im on betus.
    Yea... dont' know if he'll move from -160... i'm going to eat some food and then come back and lay down with it

hougigo

Alright, doesn't look like he's moving... I put it in -160 for 50

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Alright, doesn't look like he's moving... I put it in -160 for 50
    Who is the new chick?

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Who is the new chick?
    Isn't that mayweather's broad ms., Jackson ???

First ... 32333435363738 ... Last