hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last pick is Cuellar over Marrero.
    I'm just a stickler for these Argentinian body snatchers and I think Cuellar will win this one in dramatic fashion.
    He's a pretty aggressive southpaw and I don't know if Marrero is ready for this in his pro career.
    I think Cuellar snatches his body and it's a decent underdog.

Fistula
    Fistula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

I'm so obsessed with my 'fantasy' idea, that I'm only making one boxing pick this weekend (Gonzales over Mares as a value play)

I posted my write-up on six boxing forums, where it's a better place to discuss it. I know you're on the scene...
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7#post13676707

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Fistula View Post
    I'm so obsessed with my 'fantasy' idea, that I'm only making one boxing pick this weekend (Gonzales over Mares as a value play)

I posted my write-up on six boxing forums, where it's a better place to discuss it. I know you're on the scene...
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7#post13676707
    Gonzalez is a good value pick IMO.... way too undervalued here.
    As for your point system... can't lie, I didn't read it all but I brushed through it.
    For your top 30 thing though, it'll still be objective in some way because of the top 30 ranking.
    I mean, of course you'll rank the people with the major world titles, followed by the prioritizing of international, regional and minor titles.
    How about everybody else though?

hougigo

Cuellar wins a UD.
    Nice little dog bark right there.
    Didn't take the main event, but hoping for Ushmanee

Fistula

Damn, Mendez is so smooth and one of the best natural talents in boxing

hougigo

Damn, Mendez is so smooth and one of the best natural talents in boxing
    IMO, he's looking good, making a lot of Usmanee's punches miss the mark. But Usmanee is being quite active... which begs the question... who will the judges give it to.
    I'm on a pretty crappy stream... so I might be missing some action

Fistula

Yeah, Usmanee is more active and he's not letting Mendez take complete control.
    Last edited by Fistula; 08-24-13 at 01:22 AM.

Fistula

Congrats on the Cuellar win I didn't watch that fight.

Fistula

The existing alphabet titles wouldn't be acknowledged for my ranking system. The hard part would be coming up with a somewhat fair top-30 before the points kick in. I thought a one-time poll could be done, but I'm not sure.

Give my idea a closer read after the fights this weekend when you have time...

hougigo

The existing alphabet titles wouldn't be acknowledged. The hard part would be coming up with a somewhat fair top-30 before the points system kicks in. I thought a one-time poll could be done, but I'm not sure.

Give my idea a closer read after the fights this weekend when you have time...
    Sure, quick question though... is this idea of yours like the boxrec system they have up with points?

Fistula

It's like the boxrec system in that it gives points. But boxrec uses so much information as criteria to get points that their system ends up with crazy rankings. They give points for KOs, the scoring of fights, lots of other stuff. Mine would just use wins and losses and opponent rank.

hougigo

Congrats on the Cuellar win I didn't watch that fight.
    Thanks... I didn't either since my stream was low quality so I was in and out.
    Ugly fight where the right man won

hougigo

So far i have Pulev not inside the distance.
    I think I'm also going to take the under in the Cruz/Terazzas fight. Terazzas not so good with the pressure and mini Margarito will turn up the heat from the get go. Terazas last and only KO loss to Munroe was a little premature, but Cruz will be relentless

Pulev NITD: -117
    Cruz Under 9.5: -115

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Got Thompson in a parlay along with Narvaez
    & Abraham.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Got Thompson in a parlay along with Narvaez
    & Abraham.
    I just woke up and started watching. According to the RBR's I'm following, it's not looking good for Thompson

hougigo

Pulev NITD just won.
    Now if I can get Terrazas under 9.5, the trifecta will be complete

Ron_Paul_2012

Still have a couple more parlays open. Narvaez/Abraham & Braehmer/Cruz/Mares.

Ron_Paul_2012

Just added Narvaez over 9.5 rounds!

hougigo

Just be careful with the Cruz/Mares fights. Both will win in my opinion, but they're being way overvalued against their opposition

hougigo

Might ruin my weekend, but I having a feeling about this.
    Abraham wins by 12 round decision.
    This is a shot in the dark for me. I don't know how well Abraham comes back from his KO loss and I'm still not convinced with him at SMW as being a huge puncher.
    This is just a feeling, but feels worth a punt....at +245.. seems totally possible

hougigo

Just added Narvaez over 9.5 rounds!
    I think that definitely hits. Only concern is the fight getting stopped early on cuts

hougigo

Wow... Abraham is losing this fight even though the ref is doing everything to help him.
    Guess I just got to hope for a little good ole German cooking

hougigo

Fight is close right now... as in the last round could determine who wins... but seeing as this is in germany.... Abraham could very well come out on top

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houg, what we thinking on the Mares/Gonzalez fight tonight? I'm thinking small on Gonzalez. Think Mares might be in for more of a dog fight than most peeps are expecting.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Houg, what we thinking on the Mares/Gonzalez fight tonight? I'm thinking small on Gonzalez. Think Mares might be in for more of a dog fight than most peeps are expecting.
    I think Mares is way overvalued on that... Gonzalez is a live dog here. Mares is a very skilled fighter yes, but Gonzalez is a boxer that shouldn't be undervalued to such a degree. I think that they're getting wet off of the PDL KO and PDL won a TD over Gonzalez last year.
    Gonzalez is absolutely worth going small at that value. I'm mulling over taking Mares by decision... I don't know how strong he's gotten moving up. He looks to be moving into his body better, but I don't know, PDL rushed into all those KD's and was already done by the KO... which was kind of premature.

If Gonzalez can stay on the outside and not let Mares get inside and box, he has a good chance of winning this fight.
    Gonzalez has the advantage in physical attributes with almost a 3 inch height advantage and almost a 4 inch reach advantage. The problem is he might not be as active as Mares and lose some of the rounds to activity.

I think he's absolutely worth a small amount at his value.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    I believe Mares is over valued but I took him anyway in a parlay. I can see the logic in a Gonzalez play though.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Last pick is Cuellar over Marrero.
    I'm just a stickler for these Argentinian body snatchers and I think Cuellar will win this one in dramatic fashion.
    He's a pretty aggressive southpaw and I don't know if Marrero is ready for this in his pro career.
    I think Cuellar snatches his body and it's a decent underdog.
    So far i have Pulev not inside the distance.
    I think I'm also going to take the under in the Cruz/Terazzas fight. Terazzas not so good with the pressure and mini Margarito will turn up the heat from the get go. Terazas last and only KO loss to Munroe was a little premature, but Cruz will be relentless

Pulev NITD: -117
    Cruz Under 9.5: -115
    Might ruin my weekend, but I having a feeling about this.
    Abraham wins by 12 round decision.
    This is a shot in the dark for me. I don't know how well Abraham comes back from his KO loss and I'm still not convinced with him at SMW as being a huge puncher.
    This is just a feeling, but feels worth a punt....at +245.. seems totally possible
    Alright!
    3-3.... one more tonight and we'll see if I'm perfect or still having a good weekend.
    Cuellar was +140
    AA by Decision was +245
    Pulev NITD was -117

Very good day

hougigo

Here we go, Santa Cruz/Terazzas

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I have a play on Mares decision. 'Capped it around +140, but to be honest, I only watched a couple of Gonzalez fights, so I bet it smaller than I normally would as I think my edge isn't very big and I don't have the time to 'cap it more.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I have a play on Mares decision. 'Capped it around +140, but to be honest, I only watched a couple of Gonzalez fights, so I bet it smaller than I normally would as I think my edge isn't very big and I don't have the time to 'cap it more.
    If I made a play on that fight that's what I would take. I was contemplating it earlier today and yesterday

MD

Small play on the o9.5 in this fight. +110. Missed better lines.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Small play on the o9.5 in this fight. +110. Missed better lines.
    Better than what it started at, it was -115 for both and -110 for both earlier.
    I got under at -115

hougigo

Not good for Terazzas, his eye is starting to swell already and LSC ain't slowing down

MD

His eye is badly swollen.

hougigo

Wow... looks really bad with the close up and it's only round 3

First ... 29303132333435 ... Last