Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Come on fellaz you gonna rip your stockings.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Moreno/Spong/Moraes/Kovalev. I feel very confident with all 4.
    Well, finish it out next week

hougigo

Chemito outclassed Urina.
    Did what he did, tricky and creative as always

hougigo

Man... I heard Curtis Stevens is mulling over turning down the 300k offer to fight Golovkin because he believes he deserves more money.... what kind of BS is that?
    Talk all that trash like you're going to kill him and then you turn down your biggest pay day ever?
    Just admit you're scared and move on

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Man... I heard Curtis Stevens is mulling over turning down the 300k offer to fight Golovkin because he believes he deserves more money.... what kind of BS is that?
    Talk all that trash like you're going to kill him and then you turn down your biggest pay day ever?
    Just admit you're scared and move on

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZNq7iE6zBlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    For the last 2 years I've said that GGG will rule the 154/160 lbs. divisions! Right here, right now GGG is simply the best pound for pound boxer on the planet! Floyd Gayweather's lip quivered in fear when the idea of him entering the ring with GGG was mentioned! Curtis Stevens is just trying to get as much $ as possible because he know's that his body & mind will never be the same again after he get's into the ring with GGG! For all intents & purposes this will be Curtis Stevens' retirement fight.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    For the last 2 years I've said that GGG will rule the 154/160 lbs. divisions! Right here, right now GGG is simply the best pound for pound boxer on the planet! Floyd Gayweather's lip quivered in fear when the idea of him entering the ring with GGG was mentioned! Curtis Stevens is just trying to get as much $ as possible because he know's that his body & mind will never be the same again after he get's into the ring with GGG! For all intents & purposes this will be Curtis Stevens' retirement fight.
    Floyd should have his way with GGG. GGG vs Martinez is the fight I want to see. If I can get GGG below -300, I'll be a happy man.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Floyd should have his way with GGG. GGG vs Martinez is the fight I want to see. If I can get GGG below -300, I'll be a happy man.
    Floyd would get hit so hard it would straighten out his nappy head. And I would cap GGG vs Martinez @ -500. I'm drunk on the GGG cool-aid!

Ron_Paul_2012

Realistically Gayweather would last about 11 or 12 rounds before the roof caved in on him. However, Martinez would not make it out of the 8th. And yes I will be putting my $ where my mouth is. What type of $? ALL IN type of $! Believe it!

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most people assume that Sergio won't end his career by being destroyed. Even if he's up for it, you'd think the people around him would finesse things to prevent it, especially as it wouldn't necessarily be a huge pay day. But I've heard others say that his disposition is such that he'll want to take on GGG and prove his greatness. Sergio's going to be on the shelf for a while and, if possible, I think he'll want to be sure to rematch junior and make sure to get that money.

Shooting from the hip, my guess is the line would resemble the Lucas/Garcia line. Obviously a lot will change between now and then, if there is a then.

hougigo

Against Martinez?
    It'll be closer than that... as close as the Martinez/Jr lines.
    He's older, injury prone and has been knocked down in his last 4 I believe... if not, at least the last 3 of 4.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Boxscout View Post
    I think most people assume that Sergio won't end his career by being destroyed. Even if he's up for it, you'd think the people around him would finesse things to prevent it, especially as it wouldn't necessarily be a huge pay day. But I've heard others say that his disposition is such that he'll want to take on GGG and prove his greatness. Sergio's going to be on the shelf for a while and, if possible, I think he'll want to be sure to rematch junior and make sure to get that money.

Shooting from the hip, my guess is the line would resemble the Lucas/Garcia line. Obviously a lot will change between now and then, if there is a then.
    Who would you make the favorite @154? At what odds. Gayweather vs Martinez. Same question for GGG vs Martinez & GGG vs Gayweather.

Boxscout
    Update your status

His name is Floyd. Mr. Mayweather if you're nasty.

I really don't know. I guess there's an outside chance that Floyd and Sergio meet well into the future. A lot would depend on Sergio's health and how they looked up to that point. Obviously, the Canelo fight will tell us a lot about Floyd vs. a bigger guy with good power.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Against Martinez?
    It'll be closer than that... as close as the Martinez/Jr lines.
    He's older, injury prone and has been knocked down in his last 4 I believe... if not, at least the last 3 of 4.
    Against Martinez, yeah. GGG would probably be around -220 I think, although it's an almost unwinnable fight for Martinez at this point in his career.

hougigo

Against Martinez, yeah. GGG would probably be around -220 I think, although it's an almost unwinnable fight for Martinez at this point in his career.
    I don't think Martinez will be the favorite... but who knows.
    He's old in age and has shown that his body is breaking down.
    If GGG can land those body shots, his body will break down fast

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Boxscout View Post
    His name is Floyd. Mr. Mayweather if you're nasty.

I really don't know. I guess there's an outside chance that Floyd and Sergio meet well into the future. A lot would depend on Sergio's health and how they looked up to that point. Obviously, the Canelo fight will tell us a lot about Floyd vs. a bigger guy with good power.
    They won't meet. Sergio's got a contract with HBO and Floyd with Showtime...only way this happens is if Sergio is out of his HBO contract and signs as soon as he can with Floyd at 150... can't be too long because he's old

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

stevens, while a moron, is just playing his hand.....he could lose it and get nothing...or he can milk an extra 50k....depends on whether or not gggs promotional company will cave since it seems to be a fight that the public is clamoring for and would get approved easily......but really macklin got 300k and even in losses to sturm(welllll) and martinez is better than anything stevens has ever done really.....but stevens is probably looking for an extra 50k or so in a cash out

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    stevens, while a moron, is just playing his hand.....he could lose it and get nothing...or he can milk an extra 50k....depends on whether or not gggs promotional company will cave since it seems to be a fight that the public is clamoring for and would get approved easily......but really macklin got 300k and even in losses to sturm(welllll) and martinez is better than anything stevens has ever done really.....but stevens is probably looking for an extra 50k or so in a cash out
    Screw that though, that big ass offer was probably so they wouldn't be begging for more money. GGG made 350k his last fight, probably won't make much more in a Stevens fight.
    Now Stevens wants more or the same as GGG?
    He needs a reality check back in NBC

hougigo

Stupid 5dimes taking forever for Kovalev props

hougigo

NVM, as soon as I post this, they post it up

hougigo

Also... When Alvarado/Provo lines are out... Imagine they'll be close.
    Going to make a play on Alvarado... if TKO/KO is good, I might give it a look.
    Provo cuts like a napkin.
    If Bradley cuts you without a headbutt, you're screwed. He's been cut numerous times and that won't be good against Alvarado, especially if he won't be able to see

hougigo

Just found out Terry O'Connor will be the ref for this fight.
    Same guy who mercifully stopped Manfredo when he fought Calzaghe and robbed McDermott against Fury.
    Warning... ohhh god

hougigo

Canelo weighing 166.8 30 days out of Mayweather fight.
    He's supposed to weigh 152 for the fight

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

MAyweather UD. Oh boi...that was easy...

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    MAyweather UD. Oh boi...that was easy...
    Canelo is cutting too much weight for 154 now.... 14 pounds and some change off from weight and he already looks pretty cut. Where are those other other 14 pounds going to come from?
    He'll gas

Boxscout
    Update your status

He'll dry himself out. Some on ESB are saying he'll be able to cut it by dehydrating and be OK. Others are saying that will take a big toll on him. I don't really know much about that stuff, other than that it's reason number 824 that I'm glad I am not a fighter.

Some announcer type who is knowledgeable, though I forget which one, posited during some fight, though I forget which one, that a reason for Canelo's sporadic style is that he has trouble making 154. A couple years back he failed to make 150 against Mathew Hatton. Also, Floyd and his team are very smart and they asked for the catchweight for a reason. So I'm strongly inclined to think it will have a significant effect.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Canelo is cutting too much weight for 154 now.... 14 pounds and some change off from weight and he already looks pretty cut. Where are those other other 14 pounds going to come from?
    He'll gas
    If he has the right nutritionist, 14lbs won't be too bad.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Depends if hes already completely shredded.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Not gonna lie. Canelo looks like shit. 14 lbs that are left could kill the guy. Look at the pic for christs sake.

hougigo

Canelo has a history of gassing. He's a big boy for the weight class.
    If he gasses against Mayweather, things won't end well

hougigo

Regretting my Spilzka wager now.... Mollo came in better shape and he's fighting in front of a huge home crowd.

mirinquads

Canelo has a history of gassing. He's a big boy for the weight class.
    If he gasses against Mayweather, things won't end well
    You see a TKO? I doubt Mayweather would open up enough to get it against the power of Canelo even if gassed. Maybe by cuts tho..

Boxscout
    Update your status

Yeah, I agree. Floyd just saw what happened to his boy Micky Bey (who I bet on), trashing John Molina all fight and trying to finish in the last round, then getting stopped. I mean, he's smart enough to know that risk anyway, but it's a good example. Canelo would have to be really ripe for it, I think.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    You see a TKO? I doubt Mayweather would open up enough to get it against the power of Canelo even if gassed. Maybe by cuts tho..
    I think that's totally a possibility to happen.... But I don't know if his hands will hold up for long enough. I see him landing shots, hurt his hand again and doing enough for a win, but not enough for a KO.
    Mayweather is notorious for having "brittle" hands, I don't expect that to change now

I'd either got with a SU or decision win

mirinquads

Yeah, dude seems to be getting even more cautious with them too.. Im sure he has the capability though offensive to defensive wise.

Has Birdy ever really been tested in any of his fights? Or just murder everyone?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Yeah, dude seems to be getting even more cautious with them too.. Im sure he has the capability though offensive to defensive wise.

Has Birdy ever really been tested in any of his fights? Or just murder everyone?
    Who's Birdy?

First ... 26272829303132 ... Last