hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

For fun this week parlay
    If you have questions, go ahead an ask

hougigo

2 weddings and a internet block later, i'm back.
    I've been doing bad again...and this week is a pretty big fight weekend.
    May the gods be with me

hougigo

RIDICULOUS ODDS ON DARLEY PEREZ!
    They have Gamboa as a 16-1 favorite over him...... who the hell would take that?
    Gamboa moving up in weight again after another long lay off and struggling with Farenas. Also, he's dealing with out of ring problems with his name being linked to the MLB steroid list provider.
    Perez is no push over either.... I think the major red flag here is coming from him being knocked down twice against some journeyman in his last fight. Also his best win was a close and somewhat questionable one against Bahama-mama.
    Overall though, we look for value and if he's really +1000 or anywhere near that.... then sign me up!
    He's bigger and Gamboa's porous defense doesn't serve him any favors.
    Now, I'm not saying I think Perez will win. Gamboa is definitely the more talented of the two. He's faster, more explosive and throws combinations better. But if Perez really is +1000, he's definitely worth a look if you have some extra cash

hougigo

Bad Chad opened up at -180.
    That's pretty good. Only things I see going against him is if his chin can hold up against Adonis's power after the Ward fight and him fighting in hostile territory... Canadians are too nice though.
    Adonis is moving up from SMW and even in his rematch with Boone he was getting touched up. Dawson, he was drained as shit for his fight with Ward. He hadn't made 168 in years, but went all the way down to fight Ward. That affects your punch resistance and stamina.
    Only problem I can see here is him being too gunshy or his chin cracking... but I think he will either win by late TKO or by a good amount of decision

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Bad Chad opened up at -180.
    That's pretty good. Only things I see going against him is if his chin can hold up against Adonis's power after the Ward fight and him fighting in hostile territory... Canadians are too nice though.
    Adonis is moving up from SMW and even in his rematch with Boone he was getting touched up. Dawson, he was drained as shit for his fight with Ward. He hadn't made 168 in years, but went all the way down to fight Ward. That affects your punch resistance and stamina.
    Only problem I can see here is him being too gunshy or his chin cracking... but I think he will either win by late TKO or by a good amount of decision
    i agree it isnt a bad price on chad....hes no stranger to the bell centre either.....alot of physical gifts...chad worries and scares me though....sometimes i just dont know if hes mentally tough enough....maybe i shouldnt just say mentally tough....but just strong enough mentally all the time....kind of reminds me of a zab or a khan....physically blessed with the best of em....but just not enough between the ears to always put it all together

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    i agree it isnt a bad price on chad....hes no stranger to the bell centre either.....alot of physical gifts...chad worries and scares me though....sometimes i just dont know if hes mentally tough enough....maybe i shouldnt just say mentally tough....but just strong enough mentally all the time....kind of reminds me of a zab or a khan....physically blessed with the best of em....but just not enough between the ears to always put it all together
    I defo know what you mean. His mental toughness has been a question for a while and he seems gun shy from time to time.
    -180 or whatever it is now seems like great values to me. Stevenson, while with great power in that left, isn't on the level of anybody Dawson has faced. Even in the rematch with Boone, he was getting touched himself, although he himself was landing some bombs. I just think Dawson is the more experienced, talented and overall better fighter.... and I think Canada is too friendly to rob people

hougigo

I'm taking Huck by 12 round decision against Alafobi.
    Everything against Alafobi is against him here.
    Not only is he still fighting in Germany, hostile territory, but he's also coming off a long lay off while Huck has kept more active than him since their last fight.
    They fight close, and unless Huck knocks out Alafobi this time around, this will go to the scorecards with Huck winning a decision again.
    I don't think Alafobi KO's Huck, but he's a lot better than he seems.
    I expect a little hometown help if things get a little too close

hougigo

When odds open up, I'm taking Lara by decision. Angulo is a wet dream style for him and he should be able to hit him at will.
    The question is... will he do what he needs to do to win or will he do enough just to skate by.
    Also, I don't know who the judges are yet. They might favor precise punching and quality.... or they might prefer action and punch output.
    We all know what happened with Paul Williams
    Anuglo is slow and walks through molasses. Jorge Silva was stopping him in his tracks their last fight and he was a WW.

hougigo

Looking at tonights FNF, I think Molina/Klimov goes over.
    Molina still coming back from the embarrassing showing against Demarco against under the radar Klimov.
    I think Klimov is a good fighter, good technical skills but not as fast or explosive as Molina. I think Molina will be a lot more careful this time out as well and won't force the KO.
    Honestly, I don't know who wins here, gun to my head I'd say Molina.
    I will though take the over in which I suspect Molina will take it in a moderately close fight

hougigo

Well... good thing I just took the over... Klimov took the decision, but at least it went 10 rounds

hougigo

Looking at Di Rocco vs Lenny Daws. I need to watch more on the men... but I'll tell you on paper rightnow.. it looks like Di Rocco will win. Both men don't seem to have very high KO ratios, Daws is 35, fighting in Di Rocco's home country and neither men seem to be huge punchers. Di Rocco has 3 KO's in 4 fights.... so he's on a tear right now.
    THIS IS ALL FACE VALUE, LOOKING AT THE FIGHT ON PAPER! I NEED TO WATCH MORE OF THE FIGHTERS AND THEIR STYLES FIRST.
    Right now, at -160, Di Rocco looks really attractive. The line and the fight being in his home country intrigued me

I'll post again if I think it's worth it

hougigo

RIDICULOUS ODDS ON DARLEY PEREZ!
    They have Gamboa as a 16-1 favorite over him...... who the hell would take that?
    Gamboa moving up in weight again after another long lay off and struggling with Farenas. Also, he's dealing with out of ring problems with his name being linked to the MLB steroid list provider.
    Perez is no push over either.... I think the major red flag here is coming from him being knocked down twice against some journeyman in his last fight. Also his best win was a close and somewhat questionable one against Bahama-mama.
    Overall though, we look for value and if he's really +1000 or anywhere near that.... then sign me up!
    He's bigger and Gamboa's porous defense doesn't serve him any favors.
    Now, I'm not saying I think Perez will win. Gamboa is definitely the more talented of the two. He's faster, more explosive and throws combinations better. But if Perez really is +1000, he's definitely worth a look if you have some extra cash
    I'm not going to take Perez... don't have extra money I want to put on it....but the over looks good here... it's at plus odds too. I'm going to go small on over for Gamboa/Perez.
    (The fight going the distance looks good too, I'm going to do a small parlay with that, huck decision and Lara decision)
    Last edited by hougigo; 06-08-13 at 10:56 AM.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Well... good thing I just took the over... Klimov took the decision, but at least it went 10 rounds
    Tailed you on that dude, appreciate it! Keep em coming.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I'm not going to take Perez... don't have extra money I want to put on it....but the over looks good here... it's at plus odds too. I'm going to go small on over for Gamboa/Perez.
    (The fight going the distance looks good too, I'm going to do a small parlay with that, huck decision and Lara decision)
    everytime i think of huck i think how how bad he got robbed against povetkin and how povetkin was hanging on for his life....and now hes going to fight a klitschko...lol

hougigo

everytime i think of huck i think how how bad he got robbed against povetkin and how povetkin was hanging on for his life....and now hes going to fight a klitschko...lol
    I feel bad for Sasha... bad beating coming for him and his fake belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Tailed you on that dude, appreciate it! Keep em coming.
    Congrats man. Just a warning, i've been on a slide lately, so tail with caution.

hougigo

I would like to, but I barely understand the sport.....when I play with my friends they always get mad when I pick up the ball

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'd prefer tips from Bakunin or Proudhon, I think they have a more original way of doing things

hougigo

Another one in the bank, Huck wins by Majority Decision

hougigo

Hearing from the twitter-sphere that Di Rocco beat Daws by Robbery in Italy.

I'm not going to count it here though because I said I'd watch more and report back if I saw it noteworthy, but instead I watched Attack On Titan, which I recommend to everyone

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Hearing from the twitter-sphere that Di Rocco beat Daws by Robbery in Italy.

I'm not going to count it here though because I said I'd watch more and report back if I saw it noteworthy, but instead I watched Attack On Titan, which I recommend to everyone
    +1

Too sick for words.

hougigo

Wow... so my 7 team parlay got busted because Chad Dawson is a penetrateingGrapefruit and popped like a zit in the first round.

Ugh... 300 for 25

hougigo

So Perez didn't win, but the over hit.

Missed on Dawson and Lara by decision

MD

To be fair, that punch could have knocked down an elephant.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    To be fair, that punch could have knocked down an elephant.
    I know... I'm just salty because he was the one out my of 7 team parlay that didn't hit.
    Also mad because I know he's better than that.

hougigo

+1

Too sick for words.
    Just remembered you commented on this. Yea, I'm getting the 10th episode as I speak

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I know... I'm just salty because he was the one out my of 7 team parlay that didn't hit.
    Also mad because I know he's better than that.
    he should be better than that...given his skillset....but again...i think hes just mentally weak

MD

he should be better than that...given his skillset....but again...i think hes just mentally weak
    He got nailed with an overhand right while attempting a punch and was KO'd. There was nothing mental about that.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

He got nailed with an overhand right while attempting a punch and was KO'd. There was nothing mental about that.
    it was actually a left(but since ive learned it isnt possible to say cotto when you meant margarito it isnt possible to say right when you meant left)......no matter what you may think....there are alot of people who believe chad is a mentally weak fighter....

MD

it was actually a left(but since ive learned it isnt possible to say cotto when you meant margarito it isnt possible to say right when you meant left)......no matter what you may think....there are alot of people who believe chad is a mentally weak fighter....
    Indeed it was, slip on my part.

I'm not commenting on whether or not Chad Dawson is mentally weak, I'm saying that it's unreasonable to claim that he's mentally weak because of that knock-out. We may as well call Pacquiao mentally weak for getting floored by Marquez.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Indeed it was, slip on my part.

I'm not commenting on whether or not Chad Dawson is mentally weak, I'm saying that it's unreasonable to claim that he's mentally weak because of that knock-out. We may as well call Pacquiao mentally weak for getting floored by Marquez.
    well pac did walk into a vicious counter with about a second left in a round...in a fight he was starting to control a bit....but uhh....i didnt claim dawson is mentally weak cause he got dropped...its just something i believe....

hougigo

well pac did walk into a vicious counter with about a second left in a round...in a fight he was starting to control a bit....but uhh....i didnt claim dawson is mentally weak cause he got dropped...its just something i believe....
    I always thought he was, slow starter too and could easily get out of his mental state mid fight and lose. He can be such a great fighter, more than he is now.... but I just don't think his head is in the game enough. I thought this before Stevenson.... gunshy at times too.
    As for Pac, he's no stranger to that punch. He's run into that punch multiple times in their 4 fight series, it just got him this time

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I always thought he was, slow starter too and could easily get out of his mental state mid fight and lose. He can be such a great fighter, more than he is now.... but I just don't think his head is in the game enough. I thought this before Stevenson.... gunshy at times too.
    As for Pac, he's no stranger to that punch. He's run into that punch multiple times in their 4 fight series, it just got him this time
    hougigo...i do respect your analysis in the fight game....i do....i think you know what is up.....but an intelligent fighter....well an intelligent fighter hears the 10 second warning....an intelligent fighter knows hes starting to control a fight...an intelligent fighter doesnt try to steal or win a round with 2-3 second left......

MD

hougigo...i do respect your analysis in the fight game....i do....i think you know what is up.....but an intelligent fighter....well an intelligent fighter hears the 10 second warning....an intelligent fighter knows hes starting to control a fight...an intelligent fighter doesnt try to steal or win a round with 2-3 second left......
    Oh my God, get off Mayweather's balls.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Oh my God, get off Mayweather's balls.
    and then theres guys like you and others that talk down on him and try to discredit everything he does....not sure what that says about those kind of people...maybe that there own balls and shaft arent very large

hougigo....i know pac has seen that right several times....but that was not a time to put yourself in harms way of one....i realize pac caught hatton in a similar situation near the end of a round and laid him out.......but im not sure what pac thought he was going to accomplish there at that juncture of the round

MD

and then theres guys like you and others that talk down on him and try to discredit everything he does....not sure what that says about those kind of people...maybe that there own balls and shaft arent very large

hougigo....i know pac has seen that right several times....but that was not a time to put yourself in harms way of one....i realize pac caught hatton in a similar situation near the end of a round and laid him out.......but im not sure what pac thought he was going to accomplish there at that juncture of the round
    Yes, Floyd Mayweather needs you to defend him on internet forums. You are pathetic.

First ... 16171819202122 ... Last