hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm back!
    Let's see if I can ride my success from yesterday.

1. Golota over Przemyslaw @ -280
    Flat out simple reasons: He's had the shorter lay off (close to 4 years to Przy's 7 years) and has fought the better opposition.... way way better. Both are over 44, so don't expect too much action in this battle of the Grandpas. I expect Golota to win handily, maybe even KO Przemyslaw.

2.Steve Williams Darren Hamilton @ -130
    I think Steve Williams is a very good action fighter and if it wasn't for the cuts accounting for his lone loss, he'd be a champion right now. Now is the time for him to become one against Hamilton. I think his work rate and all action style will be too much for the old man to handle leading to a UD win.

3.Glazkov over Scott @-165
    Scott can totally win this fight if he keeps his range and jabs Glazkov to death all night. He's just as big as the Czar and is actually coming in heavier. I see Glazkov though belting his way inside and trying to get to Scott. Czar can hit and I don't know how many of Scott's opponents tested his chin.
    He's only been 10 rounds twice I think and his opposition hasn't really been anything to write home about recently. Not really active as he had that 4 year gap and his opposition, like I said, not that good. Last fight was in September while Glazkov's was in December.
    I see Glazkov taking this after finding a way to time Scott's jab and getting in the inside.

4. K9 over Ishe Smith @ +140
    Sorry, all signs point to Ishe winning, but I think K9 takes this. First of all, he's in his home of Detroit, and I always believe in hometown advantages in boxing. Next, Ishe.... he can box, but I just feel he spends way too much time being defensive than actually throwing. If K9 can muster off an attack and keep Ishe at bay and worried for 12, I think K9 can winthis on points at home.

5.Tony Thompson vs Price over 5.5 rounds @ +160
    This is pretty risky here IMO....seems about right. After the last Klit fight, you gotta think if he's feeling his age right now. You also have to put into consideration how Price feels. He might be careless and spend the whole fight trying to KO Thompson. Thompson's a smart cat, he's a big southpaw how can box and keep you at bay. A little risky considering only 2 people have made it past 6 rounds with this guy, but Thompson is much more experienced than Price's entire resume.
    I'm just worried if he took the fight seriously or not. Last fight against Klit, he blew off training and got put to sleep. Let's see how serious he is here.

6. Albert Sosnowski over Rogan @-195
    Albert, to me, is the much better fighter. He's fought and went pretty far with the superior competition and I was impressed with him in his last prize fighter bout I saw last year. Rogan also just fought about a week or two ago, so even though this is only a three rounder, you have to wonder if he's @ 100 percent. @ -195, it seems like a pretty good deal.
    It also helps Alber's almost 10 years younger

Looking at Glazkov/Scott under..... I think Glazkov can make a play at the KO

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I'm back!
    Let's see if I can ride my success from yesterday.

1. Golota over Przemyslaw @ -280
    Flat out simple reasons: He's had the shorter lay off (close to 4 years to Przy's 7 years) and has fought the better opposition.... way way better. Both are over 44, so don't expect too much action in this battle of the Grandpas. I expect Golota to win handily, maybe even KO Przemyslaw.

2.Steve Williams Darren Hamilton @ -130
    I think Steve Williams is a very good action fighter and if it wasn't for the cuts accounting for his lone loss, he'd be a champion right now. Now is the time for him to become one against Hamilton. I think his work rate and all action style will be too much for the old man to handle leading to a UD win.

3.Glazkov over Scott @-165
    Scott can totally win this fight if he keeps his range and jabs Glazkov to death all night. He's just as big as the Czar and is actually coming in heavier. I see Glazkov though belting his way inside and trying to get to Scott. Czar can hit and I don't know how many of Scott's opponents tested his chin.
    He's only been 10 rounds twice I think and his opposition hasn't really been anything to write home about recently. Not really active as he had that 4 year gap and his opposition, like I said, not that good. Last fight was in September while Glazkov's was in December.
    I see Glazkov taking this after finding a way to time Scott's jab and getting in the inside.

4. K9 over Ishe Smith @ +140
    Sorry, all signs point to Ishe winning, but I think K9 takes this. First of all, he's in his home of Detroit, and I always believe in hometown advantages in boxing. Next, Ishe.... he can box, but I just feel he spends way too much time being defensive than actually throwing. If K9 can muster off an attack and keep Ishe at bay and worried for 12, I think K9 can winthis on points at home.

5.Tony Thompson vs Price over 5.5 rounds @ +160
    This is pretty risky here IMO....seems about right. After the last Klit fight, you gotta think if he's feeling his age right now. You also have to put into consideration how Price feels. He might be careless and spend the whole fight trying to KO Thompson. Thompson's a smart cat, he's a big southpaw how can box and keep you at bay. A little risky considering only 2 people have made it past 6 rounds with this guy, but Thompson is much more experienced than Price's entire resume.
    I'm just worried if he took the fight seriously or not. Last fight against Klit, he blew off training and got put to sleep. Let's see how serious he is here.

6. Albert Sosnowski over Rogan @-195
    Albert, to me, is the much better fighter. He's fought and went pretty far with the superior competition and I was impressed with him in his last prize fighter bout I saw last year. Rogan also just fought about a week or two ago, so even though this is only a three rounder, you have to wonder if he's @ 100 percent. @ -195, it seems like a pretty good deal.
    It also helps Alber's almost 10 years younger

Looking at Glazkov/Scott under..... I think Glazkov can make a play at the KO
    Good luck man, keep up the momentum from yesterday.

I'm moderate on Golota, light on Scott and Thompson. I was hoping for an over/under on Golota/Saleta, but no dice.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Good luck man, keep up the momentum from yesterday.

I'm moderate on Golota, light on Scott and Thompson. I was hoping for an over/under on Golota/Saleta, but no dice.
    Thanks, hoping I'm not getting too ahead of myself.
    Also I doubt they'll put up the Golota/Saleta O/U
    If it's not up the day of the fight, I'm doubtful.
    Hopefully it is though.... two 43+ year old guys, one on a 7 year layoff with all his losses by KO?

hougigo

Ab-so-lut-e-ly demolished last weekend.

Sacrelicious

Look at Veigh, Kim and Marcello this weekend. All 3 SHOULD cash.

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

ever see the old video of Marcello choking out a dude at pride backstage?? Cool video..Hes still a can. But he will beat this can hes fighting. What about Bogere at +225? I got him at +250 and love it..

Sacrelicious

The guys fighting a goddamn japanese pancrase douchebag....nuff said.

Boxscout
    Update your status
    Boxscout's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hesitated on him at +275 and kind of regret it now. I'm fairly confident Abril will win on my card, but I'm not a boxing judge and GBP doesn't pay my salary. I think the chances of Sharif winning legit + the chances of him scoring a robbery give you some value, but I'd want the highest possible number.

I'll say, it's not just an issue of outright crookedness by judges, though there is that. Abril is a fine outside fighter and he has a big height advantage. Judges tend to penalize guys like that and, of course, that's what gave them the wiggle room to rob Abril last time.

Sacrelicious

Long time no post, boxscout.

Sacrelicious

Got a lean on Abril myself, I dunno if we will get lines on the over under, but the line seems solid enough on him. Not a huge play, but certainly a unit.

Boxscout
    Update your status

Cheers Sacrelicious. I might as well mention here that I have a rare MMA bet on Mark Hunt by KO +200. I wanted to bet it anyway because Hunt has starred in many a Boxscout gay sex dream. I heard some alleged sharps picking him and it was all the pretext I needed.

Sacrelicious

I'm not touching that fight, if I had to, Mark Hunt ITD would be my play.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Hunt ITD is a bit weak, I think. Hunt in round one is the play to make. Struve is very slow in the first round, has extremely good cardio, and turns it up hard in the second. He's lost every first round he's ever had in the UFC from what I recall. Hunt's cardio, on the other hand, isn't very good, and if he doesn't catch Struve early, it goes downhill from there.

hougigo

The guys fighting a goddamn japanese pancrase douchebag....nuff said.
    I don't know why I never like taking asian people in UFC fights.
    Not racism or anything because I'm asian myself... I just don't feel like putting money down on them.

Got a lean on Abril myself, I dunno if we will get lines on the over under, but the line seems solid enough on him. Not a huge play, but certainly a unit.
    I'm on Bogere, so that might be good news for you after that horrible run I had.
    I don't know... I just feel like the judges will favor his activity over Abril and his counter punching. We all saw how he got screwed over Rios and Rios won for throwing more punches.
    I need to see the refs for this fight

Boxscout
    Update your status

referee:
    Russell Mora
    | judge:
    Chris Wilson
    | judge:
    Robert Hoyle
    | judge:
    Patricia Morse Jarman

Haven't really looked at their records, but I wonder if this played a roll in Sharif dropping down to +160

hougigo

Hahaha, what a joke of a fight.
    Trout won and they're giving Canelo every round.
    Exactly why I don't like picking a winner in these B.S fights and go straight to the O/U because that's pretty much the only think the judges can't control.
    Thank God I knew this would happen and stuck to the over.

hougigo

Well, not that anybody cares... but semester's done and I'll be posting here again.
    This weekend looks fun

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Well, not that anybody cares... but semester's done and I'll be posting here again.
    This weekend looks fun
    No, it doesn't. Will be fun if the U2.5 cashes tho!

hougigo

Meant to post, but i'm penetrating wasted right now and still penetrating wasted.
    Sorry

kripsak
    kripsak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3693

Nice hits on the parlay!

Sacrelicious

Very very nice hits on those 2 parlays.

hougigo

Thanks guys.
    I'm about to pick up the Mayweather by decision prop.
    Might wait a little because the line on Mayweather has been dropping like crazy and I'm hoping that people, for some reason, buy into the Guerrero hype and bring the line down

Sacrelicious

Thanks guys.
    I'm about to pick up the Mayweather by decision prop.
    Might wait a little because the line on Mayweather has been dropping like crazy and I'm hoping that people, for some reason, buy into the Guerrero hype and bring the line down
    I just made a play on this as well, -195 seems like a pretty decent deal to me.

I only follow boxing very casually, so I have a really hard time predicting line movements in it. If it happens to get better, I will probably add a small amount more on it, but I wanted to hit it now in case it got worst.

Best of luck, man.

Sacrelicious

Also, welcome back to SBR, was wondering where you disappeared to.

Hope you aced the semester at school.

hougigo

I'll probably take Wlad by KO too, but might take a peek at the under when it comes out... because I see a mid round KO

hougigo

I just made a play on this as well, -195 seems like a pretty decent deal to me.

I only follow boxing very casually, so I have a really hard time predicting line movements in it. If it happens to get better, I will probably add a small amount more on it, but I wanted to hit it now in case it got worst.

Best of luck, man.
    Also, welcome back to SBR, was wondering where you disappeared to.

Hope you aced the semester at school.
    Thanks man, hope I did good too... one more semester till I'm out of school... so might as well make a few bones to enjoy it. I was gonna post those last night but ended up going out and got shit faced...but was hype enough to post it.
    I had another parlay that got screwed over by Arreola losing

As for the mayweather line... that shit's been dropping like crazy. Guerrero was a +1000 underdog when it first opened I believe, now he's +500. People have been putting it on him too the closer the fight gets. A lot of people legitimately feel Guerrero can put the pressure on Mayweather and mess him up like he did Berto.
    I just hope people don't believe this because of Berto's weak impersonation of Floyd's shoulder roll last fight.
    It's true that Mayweather's legs aren't there anymore and he has to engage more than he wants to, but he's still spry enough to outbox you.
    I think a Mayweather decision or an over is the safe bet. I think the over might be over -200 too. If anybody is getting KO'd, it's Guerrero and I think he made a nice move into WW (looked like he had trouble adjusting in the Aydin fight, getting tired and taking those shots from a real power punching WW)

Sacrelicious

I'll probably take Wlad by KO too, but might take a peek at the under when it comes out... because I see a mid round KO
    Wlad by KO seems probable, but I can't imagine the price on it will be good.

Sacrelicious

Mayweather Dec already dropped down to -230,

When did this line open?

hougigo

Mayweather Dec already dropped down to -230,

When did this line open?
    Oiga... really?
    Shoot... I might have to jump on it then
    I think it was today because it wasn't up yesterday on 5d

Wlad by KO seems probable, but I can't imagine the price on it will be good.
    I think it should happen and I agree, so the O/U seems more probable. If it was 5.5 or 6.5..... then I don't know which to pick. From what I've seen from pianeta, he's pretty bad and Wlad is a canyon leap for him

hougigo

Checked 5 dimes props, Mayweather is still -195 for a 12 round decision

Sacrelicious

Just came back up from -230, it was only that low for about 10 mins.

I'm thinking it was today as well, don't recall seeing it there yesterday.

hougigo

Just came back up from -230, it was only that low for about 10 mins.

I'm thinking it was today as well, don't recall seeing it there yesterday.
    Yea it wasn't, mostly the Saturday fights and UFC fights.
    I want to see some odds for the undercard fights because I have Rosado winning and Mares losing.
    Mares might take PDL to a war, but Mares hasn't even fought a legit 122 fighter yet, so it's like he's jumping up straight to 126 from 118

hougigo

Thursday night fights this Thursday... I really really like Herrera via decision and the over

hougigo

So I got 2 open 4-team parlays with 3 spots left.
    Got Mayweather decision at -195 and -230

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Also on the same play, Guererro fades towards the end. This will be counter boxing all day. Played the -162 at paddy, but StanJames has but up -150 if you have access

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last