hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Nishioka/Donaire, Moreno/Mares and Cotto/Trout.

JMM/Pac 4 is a joke.
    all those fights capable of upsets

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Nishioka/Donaire, Moreno/Mares and Cotto/Trout.

JMM/Pac 4 is a joke.
    Actually don't forget Rios v. Alvarado. That might not be a big fight in the sense of a headlining fight but it should be an absolute war. Also am leaning towards Alvarado in that one.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Actually don't forget Rios v. Alvarado. That might not be a big fight in the sense of a headlining fight but it should be an absolute war. Also am leaning towards Alvarado in that one.
    Me too, IMO, this ends in a KO

Mercersux

Any insight on the fights tonight my man? I'm on Del Valle by decision +110 myself. Btw, what happened to your site? Looks like it was shut down.

hougigo

Any insight on the fights tonight my man? I'm on Del Valle by decision +110 myself. Btw, what happened to your site? Looks like it was shut down.
    Damn school took more time than I anticipated and I just couldn't a lot the necessary amount of time.
    Sorry about Del Valle though.
    I heard he fought that dirty as hell and the prospect just wasn't prepared for it

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Damn school took more time than I anticipated and I just couldn't a lot the necessary amount of time.
    Sorry about Del Valle though.
    I heard he fought that dirty as hell and the prospect just wasn't prepared for it
    No worries man. I went small on it so no biggie. I did pretty well on the ufc card earlier in the day so just lose a little bit of the winnings from that. Vic is a dirtbag that's for sure. Thats boxing though. His chin has so much mileage on him he has to do something. well couple weeks and we got a big card so hope to hear what you got then. Thanks Houg.

hougigo

No worries man. I went small on it so no biggie. I did pretty well on the ufc card earlier in the day so just lose a little bit of the winnings from that. Vic is a dirtbag that's for sure. Thats boxing though. His chin has so much mileage on him he has to do something. well couple weeks and we got a big card so hope to hear what you got then. Thanks Houg.
    Yea man, IMO, the Nishioka vs Donaire fight is a toss up (in my mind) that could easily lean towards Nonito. I'd be much comfortable taking the over like I did with Mathebula, but it all depends if old Donaire shows up just trying to knock Nishioka's block off and throw power punches all night.
    Also Rios vs Alvarado.... Alvarado is the way to go for this IMO.
    Rios is moving up against a bigger stronger guy that wants to brawl with him? That won't end well unless it goes to the cards

hougigo

Pretty good weekend coming up. I'm hoping 5dimes posts the odds soon so I can think about some plays I want to make

Mercersux

Pretty good weekend coming up. I'm hoping 5dimes posts the odds soon so I can think about some plays I want to make
    What boxing fights are on this weekend? I know there is going to be plenty of mma but nothing in boxing thats i can think of. Off the top of my head only one i know thats coming up is the Donaire fight...

hougigo

What boxing fights are on this weekend? I know there is going to be plenty of mma but nothing in boxing thats i can think of. Off the top of my head only one i know thats coming up is the Donaire fight...
    Calderon vs Fuentes
    Vasquez Jr vs Oguendo
    Baysangurov vs Konecy
    Kamegai vs I forgot
    Linares making his comeback
    Just the big ones off the top of my head

hougigo

Good Boxing dogs to win tomorrow.... or so I feel like they can

hougigo

lol, good thing I didn't post my play on Konecny.... only way he could win was by KO.
    I loved being fucked in boxing.
    Remember kids, always take the home fighter, because if they don't get KO'd, they win

Mercersux

lol, good thing I didn't post my play on Konecny.... only way he could win was by KO.
    I loved being fucked in boxing.
    Remember kids, always take the home fighter, because if they don't get KO'd, they win
    He end up getting screwed my a homer decision or something?

hougigo

He end up getting screwed my a homer decision or something?
    The scores were awful and in no way a reflection of the fight.

They were soo damn wide, no way Konecny would've gotten a fair decision there

hougigo

Well, here's another reason I'm not posting anything.
    I've made a couple of personal's, all falling to whack ass decisions.
    Thank god I didn't....
    I wanted to play on the Komprmook/Hernandez rematch, but jesus knows how that ends...

Mercersux

Well, here's another reason I'm not posting anything.
    I've made a couple of personal's, all falling to whack ass decisions.
    Thank god I didn't....
    I wanted to play on the Komprmook/Hernandez rematch, but jesus knows how that ends...
    Don't worry my man. I know the feeling. Got just completely battered on yesterday's ufc/bellator cards. Seemed that all my choices went the other way. Think plenty of people got hammered so eh. Way it goes sometimes.

hougigo

Don't worry my man. I know the feeling. Got just completely battered on yesterday's ufc/bellator cards. Seemed that all my choices went the other way. Think plenty of people got hammered so eh. Way it goes sometimes.
    One play I opted not to make of course went through.... ughh.
    Hernandez did end up beating Porpramook, but it was by KO and not scorecard robbery

hougigo

Here's a nice plus play

Mike Alvarado over Brandon Rios

Waiting to see how the line pans out, but Alvarado got this.
    Currently sitting at -115 for Rios and + for Alvarado
    Rios is moving up to 140 and for some reason people think he'll be stronger at this weight. No, it just means that he'll have 5 less pounds to worry about when he's trying to drain. Rios is notorious for trying to lose all his weight in a last ditch effort which includes starving himself for days the week of the fight. His last couple of fights have been against smaller guys at LW that he was able to bully and he arguably lost his lost fight. Alvarado won't fight like Abril, but he's not a small chicken and he's been training like a work horse for this fight. I expect Alvarado to win this and given both men's style, wouldn't be surprised if this didn't make the cards. Only way I see Alvarado losing this is by robbery

hougigo

As expected, the line's moving up in Rios's favor. I'll see how this goes by fight night....

Mercersux

Did Rios open as the slight favorite? Not surprising. Hope alvarado keeps going up because I like him as well. I would be curious to see how the pre weighins went. Maybe rios was in shape. Could explain line movement atm. Just a hunch.

hougigo

Did Rios open as the slight favorite? Not surprising. Hope alvarado keeps going up because I like him as well. I would be curious to see how the pre weighins went. Maybe rios was in shape. Could explain line movement atm. Just a hunch.
    I want to wait until the weigh ins and see how Rios looks before I put it in and see if that affects the lines. Honestly, if he looks like a skeleton again, pretty much in favor of Alvarado. Rios in his last fight was winging punches because he was so damn dead. Alvarado is ready to go a full 10 round war and Rios isn't going to be hiding in the ring.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

I want to wait until the weigh ins and see how Rios looks before I put it in and see if that affects the lines. Honestly, if he looks like a skeleton again, pretty much in favor of Alvarado. Rios in his last fight was winging punches because he was so damn dead. Alvarado is ready to go a full 10 round war and Rios isn't going to be hiding in the ring.
    Why would Rios look like a skeleton "again" if he is moving UP in weight class?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

it's Rios or pass for me- I might bite if he stays below -150 after the weigh-ins.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Why would Rios look like a skeleton "again" if he is moving UP in weight class?
    This dude cuts major weight even with a 5 pound allowance still.
    When he cutting 135, he'd cut it all within the last few days sometimes not eating at some points.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    it's Rios or pass for me- I might bite if he stays below -150 after the weigh-ins.
    I would take Rios in a 12 rounder for sure at the home depot center. 10 rounder I'm not as confident. Good promotion though, a 12 round fight could ruin both these guys.

This dude cuts major weight even with a 5 pound allowance still.
    When he cutting 135, he'd cut it all within the last few days sometimes not eating at some points.
    I don't know how accurate what Rios and his camp claim is that the final 3 pounds or so was the hardest, and that it wouldn't come off unless he starved himself. They are saying this weight is perfect for him.

I don't know how true it is, Rios could just be lazy.

hougigo

I would take Rios in a 12 rounder for sure at the home depot center. 10 rounder I'm not as confident. Good promotion though, a 12 round fight could ruin both these guys.

I don't know how accurate what Rios and his camp claim is that the final 3 pounds or so was the hardest, and that it wouldn't come off unless he starved himself. They are saying this weight is perfect for him.

I don't know how true it is, Rios could just be lazy.
    10 rounders are more for Rios because of the amount of energy he puts into losing weight and how well his body will perform over a long stretch. IMO, the shorter the better it is for him, still though, don't see this going the distance.

I know they're saying this weight is perfect for him, but before they used to say he'd have no trouble making 135 and they have a nutritionist and what not... yet he struggled with murray and missed Abril. I wouldn't say it's lazy as losing that much weight takes commitment, but he just cuts a lot of weight. Like when he fought Anthony Peterson at 135, the man was north of 150 when he stepped into the ring the next day.

DeFactoCrippler

I wouldn't say it's lazy as losing that much weight takes commitment, but he just cuts a lot of weight. Like when he fought Anthony Peterson at 135, the man was north of 150 when he stepped into the ring the next day.
    Right, but he is still allowed five pounds more than when he looked like a "skeleton". So you are assuming that he will put forth even LESS commitment, because if he even exerted the same level of "commitment" in his cut he could make it easily?

If you think that this fight being a 12 rounder helps Rios, the oddsmaker certainly disagrees with you. Rios opened at around -280 but when it was confirmed as a 10 rounder the line dropped.

hougigo

Right, but he is still allowed five pounds more than when he looked like a "skeleton". So you are assuming that he will put forth even LESS commitment, because if he even exerted the same level of "commitment" in his cut he could make it easily?

If you think that this fight being a 12 rounder helps Rios, the oddsmaker certainly disagrees with you. Rios opened at around -280 but when it was confirmed as a 10 rounder the line dropped.
    I don't think he's going to put in less comittment because he has to do major work to just get down there in the first place.
    When he weighed in for Abril, he was 137 and looking very sickly... like a damn skeleton.

That's him 135 killing himself for Murray
    Here's Abril where he was still overweight by 2 pounds and was continuously trying to lose

Not looking as bad now, but I still question his weight going against a guy who's fought primarily at 140 and 47 and can come in as high as 157.
    Here's him now

I doubt he's on weight now but still trying to make it considering he has that sweat suit on.
    Also I thought I said being a 10 rounder helped Rios more because the shorter he has to fight and less energy he has to expend over a long period of time the better. I might not have said that, but that's what I mean to say.

DeFactoCrippler

There is a huge difference between 135 and 140.

The style rios employs leads to a late round stoppage more than it leads to a decision. Even when he struggled to make weight against Murray he got the late round finish. Difficult to get that finish within 10.

hougigo

There is a huge difference between 135 and 140.

The style rios employs leads to a late round stoppage more than it leads to a decision. Even when he struggled to make weight against Murray he got the late round finish. Difficult to get that finish within 10.
    The difference with that though is that Rios has been fighting smaller guys as the bigger bully. Rios is a huge guy who cuts down weight to fight in a smaller weight class. He's going against a bigger opponent who doesn't mind scrapping. Also when Rios is drained he wings his punches which doesn't have as much mustard on it. Just like Abril, as the fight went on he was just winging punches in and Abril was barley getting hurt by the ones hitting him... Abril was actually hurting Rios down the stretch.

hougigo

Here's a pic of Alvarado for anybody interested:

DeFactoCrippler

The difference with that though is that Rios has been fighting smaller guys as the bigger bully. Rios is a huge guy who cuts down weight to fight in a smaller weight class. He's going against a bigger opponent who doesn't mind scrapping. Also when Rios is drained he wings his punches which doesn't have as much mustard on it. Just like Abril, as the fight went on he was just winging punches in and Abril was barley getting hurt by the ones hitting him... Abril was actually hurting Rios down the stretch.
    He was never as drained as he was for the Murray fight. A "skeleton" as you put it. But yet he got a late round finish and really showed no sign of slowing down, murray did.

Anyways gl

hougigo

Honestly... I wouldn't be surprised if Donaire loses tomorrow.
    Nishioka is an excellent fighter and if Donaire goes in fighting like he did against Mathebula, Nishioka can win this.
    Also, Donaire has been sporting some tape on his left knuckle. Might be nothing, but you never know.
    I'll wait till tomorrow to make up my mind... might make a small play.
    Alvarado is sitting at +130... I want to wait until tomorrows weigh in before I finally lay down

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

i was watching Mike Alvarado vs. Cesar Bazan, last night, his jab and 1-2 looked pretty good i that one, he's got a better and much longer jab than rios. i think he can win some rounds with it if he tries, and after seeing abril control rios with the jab... he probably will.

hougigo

Okay, so here I am for tomorrow so far:

Alvarado over Rios @ +135

Nishioka vs Donaire over 10.5 @ +115

They are over valuing Donaire here and under valuing Nishioka. They're relying too much on the old Donaire that KO'd Montiel and thinking Nishioka's 1 year lay off will hurt him. If Donaire just throws power punches all night, it'll go the distance and I wouldn't be surprised if Nishioka wins. The only reason I'm not going all out on him is because i don't trust the judges and I don't know which Doniare will show up. Mathebula won rounds while the judges seemed to turn a blind eye to a lot of them. So until then, I'll take the fight going the distance
    MMA/Boxing record: 25-20-1

First ... 78910111213 ... Last