Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently there having a fnf special on the 13th of Sept. which is a Thursday. So at least we got one more card to look forward to.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Apparently there having a fnf special on the 13th of Sept. which is a Thursday. So at least we got one more card to look forward to.
    Yup, Vargas against, I think, Martinez.
    It's just a show off and welcome to TR's new boy

hougigo

Hey guys, looking at 5dimes right now and the odds for Abraham vs Stieglitz. Gonna deposit my money and tell you guys what I think by Thursday/Friday. Sorry, kind of busy right now... but I'll definitely have 2 for the fight before Saturday

hougigo

I'm also interested in laying down a 8 team parlay....

Mercersux

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the Abraham fight breaks down. I'm familiar with Abraham but Stieglitz not so much. I know he fought another guy i wasn't too familiar with in Wilczewski in Germany and won a questionable decision. Being in your own back yard always helps. Especially when its in Germany.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

How do you like Abraham by Ko @ +180?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    How do you like Abraham by Ko @ +180?
    Honestly... I really like it. Abraham is a pretty hard puncher and Stieglitz has show in the past he can get rocked. I know he looked crap in his last couple, but Ward, Dirrell and Froch say Abraham still hits pretty damn hard. If he can get around Stieglitz, who isn't that better a boxer than Ward, Dirrell, he'll get KTFO.
    Abraham can start slow though, so there's always a chance of a later KO to UD

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the Abraham fight breaks down. I'm familiar with Abraham but Stieglitz not so much. I know he fought another guy i wasn't too familiar with in Wilczewski in Germany and won a questionable decision. Being in your own back yard always helps. Especially when its in Germany.
    Stieglitz isn't that good to be honest. He's been fighting journeymen and less than stellar opposition since he won his belt.
    As for the Backyard... both are German... so I'm no as worried about a robbery... but you never know

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Thank you my man.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Thank you my man.
    This can only go around if he can find his opening and pound it out. I'm hoping for a TKO in the mid-rounds....7th or 8th

Mercersux

So Abraham should take this eh? Well hopefully if he wins it he doesn't try to break into the us market again. Guys style calls for certain types of fighters that quite a few exploited in the super six tourney.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

aurthur should kick stieglitz's ass for sure, tko is likely, however i'll just wager him to win straight up. poor stielitz.

hougigo

So Abraham should take this eh? Well hopefully if he wins it he doesn't try to break into the us market again. Guys style calls for certain types of fighters that quite a few exploited in the super six tourney.
    IMO, he should win if he fights the way he should, breaks through Stieglitz and pounds him to oblivion. If he doesn't do that.... he risks winning by decision or losing
    I put down for Abraham and a little on the under

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

What up man? Is your blog down, I went on there looking for your picks?

Mercersux

Well im about to try and track down a vid on youtube of the abraham fight. Hoping it ends up being a good one. I think this and the shobox from last night on dvr should suffice for the lack of fights tonight.

Mercersux

since I just got done watching the arthur-stieglitz fight and I must say, stieglitz probably should have won that fight. Mow if your just going by damage, abraham wins. Im pretty certain stieglitz was outboxing arthur most of the match. I tend to side with the more technical fighter since I don't believe the damage stieglitz incurred was enough to sway a decision. Kind of think abraham got the a little favortism by the judges in this one. Im glad though since most people on here had abraham. I ended up not making a play so that's my unbiased opinion. Thoughts hougigo?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Looking forward to the Proska/ Golovkin match this Saturday.I'm interested in seeing what 5dimes opens the round 7-12 prop on Golovkin.

Anyone here remember what either 5dimes or Pinny opened Golovkin at?-335 is too steep for me to lay at the moment, could see Proska giving him some trouble for the first 4 rounds or so.

He looked good against Sylvester but that doesn't say much considering Sebastian's a bit of a bum...crooked focks robbed me in his fight with Roman Karmazin -- had Roman at +280 in that one.

Even though his first performance against a fighter of Hope's caliber is sorta unforgivable, he ended up making some nice adjustments in the rematch.

Last edited by illmatick; 08-26-12 at 10:28 AM.

illmatick
    Update your status

The shots Proska started taking after the 5th round in the first fight with Hope, and the right hand Tyan Booth rocked him with in the second round make it even harder to back him against Glovkin's power.

Last edited by illmatick; 08-26-12 at 12:07 PM.

illmatick
    Update your status

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's Golovkin's last fight with Ouma, obviously not his best performance.

Last edited by illmatick; 08-26-12 at 08:57 AM.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by BallaHolic777 View Post
    What up man? Is your blog down, I went on there looking for your picks?
    School man. Starts next week and I've been moving in... plus I spent all of this week volunteering... didn't have as much time as I thought I did. I'll try and do one for Proksa... which I will be going to next week.

As for the Abraham fight... so many instances where I thought he'd KO Stieglitz... but that dude withstood better than I thought he would

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    The shots Proska started taking after the 5th round in the first fight with Hope, and the right hand Tyan Booth rocked him with in the second round make it even harder to back him against Glovkin's power.
    and proksa seems to be a guy that relies on that stright left too much, look how bad he looked in the beggining of the booth fight when he couldn't get off with it, he doesn't jab or use his right very much, i think that will hurt him.

golovkin beat dirrel, bute and other top fighters in the amaters, he's been around and seen lots of different styles and won't be beat by a one trick pony like this imo.

hougigo

I don't like Proksa's hands down either. It's half okay with Sergio (still hate it when he does that) because he has the speed and countering ability to make it passable. Proksa... not so much. He might give 3G some trouble, but he'll get hurt eventually.
    3G got this and I'll bold pick it a little later this week.

illmatick
    Update your status

Well, a few people must have came in on Golovkin at 5dimes yesterday. That was the first time I've seen him top -400.

Anyone remember what he opened at?
    Last edited by illmatick; 08-27-12 at 01:26 PM.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Well, a few people must have came in on Golovkin at 5dimes yesterday. That was the first time I've seen him top -400.

Anyone remember what he opened at?
    I don't remember, but he was at -350 for a while... maybe -300 at one point if I can remember.
    This'll be a closer fight than some think. Yea GGG might win by KO, but Proksa will pose some problems to the champ. I mean, I'm still siding with GGG, but would only be mildly surprised if he won

Mercersux

Never heard of either of the guys any of you are talking about. I'm always down to blow money though. Is this fight going to be on tv or is it one of them fights im going to have to track down on youtube later in the day ???

BallaHolic777

Never heard of either of the guys any of you are talking about. I'm always down to blow money though. Is this fight going to be on tv or is it one of them fights im going to have to track down on youtube later in the day ???
    Its gonna be on HBO sat sept 1st. Im sure you can also find it streaming. This should be a pretty fun fight to watch im leaning toward Golovkin and most are, hes like a -400 now as said above. I'll be checking out some vids of both guys soon

Mercersux

Its gonna be on HBO sat sept 1st. Im sure you can also find it streaming. This should be a pretty fun fight to watch im leaning toward Golovkin and most are, hes like a -400 now as said above. I'll be checking out some vids of both guys soon
    Oh I actually think i did see this fight being part of a triple header on hbo that day. I was just ditracted by the monster headliner (Ward vs Dawson) that I really didn't take note. I'm also not very familiar with these two boxers so that why i didn't really take note. I'm just strting to take note now because seems to b quite the topic on this thread. If its getting that much attention should be a good one. Also going to have the klitscho fight on that same night as well. Only thing is that will be on tape delay. Actually disregard all that bs i just wrote. those two fights are the following Saturday. This one is headlining the Sept. 1st card. Damn, two weekends of hbo boxing, pretty sweet !!!

BallaHolic777

Yeah man Sept 1st is Golovkin/Proska and Dzinziruk/Gonzalez. The 8th is Ward/Dawson,DeMarco/Molina, and Klitschko/Charr. Dzinziruk vs Gonzalez should be a good one too, Dzinziruk I expect will be a pretty decent favorite, he only has one loss to sergio martinez in his last fight. That fight was like a year and a half ago though and he hasnt fought since so he will surely have some rust.

hougigo

Yeah man Sept 1st is Golovkin/Proska and Dzinziruk/Gonzalez. The 8th is Ward/Dawson,DeMarco/Molina, and Klitschko/Charr. Dzinziruk vs Gonzalez should be a good one too, Dzinziruk I expect will be a pretty decent favorite, he only has one loss to sergio martinez in his last fight. That fight was like a year and a half ago though and he hasnt fought since so he will surely have some rust.
    Dzinzuirk is the man at 154. Sharp jab and good boxing ability. I'd put him as one of the top of 154. He's still undefeated (although I don't know why Baysangurov has his belt... probably some stupid sanctioning body B.S)
    I don't know much about his opponent, but unless he has serious speed and strength... I don't see Dzinzuirk losing.

hougigo

Just quick bold picks. I'll put my predictions on my blog either today or tomorrow.

Ward vs Dawson over 11.5 @ -450
    Golovkin over Proksa @ -400
    Adamek vs Walker over 7.5 rounds @ -215
    Devon Alexander over Bailey @ -600
    Matthysse over Olusgen @ -320
    Sergio Martinez over JCC Jr @ -200

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Just quick bold picks. I'll put my predictions on my blog either today or tomorrow.

Adamek vs Walker over 7.5 rounds @ -215
    I'm going to add 2 more later

This is a pretty easy call. Dawson might be a division heavier, but he doesn't have the activity to KO Ward. Even though I think that this will be a close fight with Ward coming out, I don't think either man will be knocking each other out.

Big fight for both men. Biggest step up for both of them and world recognition is sure to follow the winner of this fight. I'm leaning Golovkin because he has mean power, picks his shots and makes you pay. Proksa will prove tricky at times and even give Golovkin trouble, but his hands down defense and his ability to get hit leads me to believe this is a Golovkin KO waiting to happen.Adamek vs Walker over 7.5 rounds @ -215
    I'd favor Adamek to win this too because he's fighting in his territory. I don't think Adamek can KO him because he's not even a true heavyweight, just a bloated up cruiserweight. I don't think his punches have much power in heavyweight and I think he's too old to put up the kind of offense that'll KO walker.

I'm taking Alexander simply because he's a better boxer than Mike Jones. Jones basically had his fight with Bailey on lock, but he was too damn careless. Bailey has the power to stop you, but Alexander is smarter than Jones. Bailey's mobility and activity is not that great. The only way I see Devon losing is if he gets careless

Matthysse is a freaking beast and the only reason he's not undefeated is because he got robbed twice in hometown decisions. He's got the power to stop Olusgen and I feel bad for the man that he has to fight Matthysse for a title he should have already had.

Okay, here's why I think Sergio will win. I think Chavez jr. will come in with the same gameplan he's always had... presure, pressure, pressure. This plays into Sergio's hands if he can stay off the ropes and get caught. I say this because Chavez is so darn easy to hit. People said he's improved.... but I don't see it! If Junior tries to sit back and counter, he's done! He's not that good and Sergio is too damn fast. The only way I see Chavez winning this is by constant pressure for 12 rounds. Even if he does that, he has to surivive Sergio's punches and speed. If he has a chance, I give him the middle rounds, when Sergio is backing off and resting.

I put a unit on all 5 of these.... i'll add two more for tomorrow at half a unit.

My unit = 100

Mercersux

on Glovkin tomorrow. Here's hoping to that we cash good buddy !!!

hougigo

on Glovkin tomorrow. Here's hoping to that we cash good buddy !!!
    Mee too. I was going to lay down on Dzinzurik vs Gonzalez tomorrow because it looked very attractive with Dzin @ -130.
    Now here's the huge problem..... Gonzalez weighed in at 165 or somewhere north of 160. That's freaking ridiculous.... while Dzinzurik is the better boxer.... I'm not too confident as this fight becomes a huge toss up

hougigo

Adding 2 more (in a parlay with Golovkin)

Joyi over Rodriguez @ -450
    Joyi is the best 105 fighter period. I'd take him over anybody.... Ioka, Yaegashi, Cuello....Joyi is the top. He might be fighting in Rodriguez's hometown, but there's no way he wins without a sever robbery.

Dzinzurik over Gonzalez @ -130
    This is really a nail biter for me that could ruin my parlay. I'd take Dzinzurik any day of the week normally, but Gonzaelz came in 9 pounds overweight. That's ridiculous..... but he won't have the necessary speed to take out the razor. His experience and sharp jab will keep the inexperienced Gonzalez at bay and belt out a UD for him.... IMO. Gonzalez's weight could set him off and make him slower and gas out faster.
    Then again, mr. tubby could win by KO.

Mercersux

So gonzo came in that heavy? Whats the lbs limit? Still like dzinzurik but definitely a variable id want to avoid. Maybe gonzo's like will move where you may get more value...

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Jameel Mccline vs Magomed Abdusalamov on september 8th

who do you got

First ... 567891011 ... Last