hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay, so this is a risky play for me.

Murata over Falcao

This is a 50/50 fight and could go either way... but I like the Jap in this. He beat him already and I think he can do it again. Last fight, Murata covered up, got in close and took the fight to the inside despite his length advantage. A lot of Falcoa's advantages come from his speed and movement... but when Murata blocks and comes up close.... nothing much from there.
    I think Murata can pull it again, he's more experienced and I think this is his time.

Murata over Falcao @ +140

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I like Murata as well man. You think Russo has a chance later?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by BallaHolic777 View Post
    I like Murata as well man. You think Russo has a chance later?
    No really, I mean... I'd take the Ukrainian gun to my head.... only because he's ukrainian. I mean, don't know much about either...
    Getting ready for tomorrow's golds though

BallaHolic777

Damn all falcao had to do was let his hands go and get Murata backing up he went off at the end. Murata got it with that holding foul damn ha

hougigo

Two for Two for the day.... good job Murata.... really excited right now... huge Japan supporter.

hougigo

Alright, there's Vera vs Mora tonight..... might make a play on that. Also some UFC.... so why not?

Boxing/MMA record: 21-13-0

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

i think Mora is money, first fight was a fluke he should handle Vera this time.

Vera is coming off a one sided loss to Andy Lee....who just got destroyed by Chavez jr. Mora knows that if he loses this fight his career is pretty much finished, i expect him to come in and box the right way this time and win a comfortable decision.
    Last edited by JoshB; 08-11-12 at 04:46 PM.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    i think Mora is money, first fight was a fluke he should handle Vera this time.
    He should IMO.... Mora is awkward and tricky as hell..... he'll make this his fight and as ugly as he has to to take the win.

JoshB

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    He should IMO.... Mora is awkward and tricky as hell..... he'll make this his fight and as ugly as he has to to take the win.
    That's one thing that kind of bit him in the ass last time though, he made it very ugly by back peddling into the ropes so much trying to catch Vera with counters as he charged forward. But he didn't land enough and then the judges scored a bunch of rounds against him cause he was so negative. He probably took Vera lightly too ( he was even joking around with Joe Tessitore during the fight) This time I think he will come in dead serious, stand his ground a little more, counter more efectively in this fight and win clearly. Vera is from Texas though, so there is that to worry about.
    Last edited by JoshB; 08-11-12 at 05:05 PM.

hougigo

Well, saw a bellator pick I liked and thought why the hell not. I put a bet a little larger than the other two I did today and hoping that it'll cash out.

Freire will be fighting and defending against Curran later tonight and I think that Curran is pretty good standing at -135 odds. I mean, Freire has been off fro like 15 months and also suffered an injury to his hand. There's a huge possibility that he'll be a little rusty and a very very slight possibility he'll hurt his hand in the fight.
    Curran is also a very good fighter with a reach advantage and is in my opinion not the kind of guy you want coming off of a lay off. I don't know much about Bellator, but enough to know that Curran is a top tier guy that has a good chance of winning at pretty good odds.

Curran over Freire @ -135

hougigo

Seeing as the Bellator match is a week and a half-ish away...
    I'm going to try my luck at MMA again with UFC 150.

I suck at MMA and i'm really only posting this for myself... so yea.
    I'm taking Ken Stone at +140 because I think those are good odds on someone who can win a UD.

hougigo

And that was a good reminder why I stay away from UFC

hougigo

Alright, well that was a good reminder to stick to boxing. Anyways, Mora fight tonight against Brian Vera..... I think Mora will and should take it this time. Don't be surprised by another split decision as they're fighting in Vera's hometown and he could get the nod this time. Mora is just the flat out better fighter over Vera.... he has the better tools and skill set to execute. He's more experienced and this time around he should be able to execute his gameplan to a close UD or MD win. If Mora loses....well that's it for him and he better use that as motivation.

Mora over Vera @ -240

hougigo

I redact everything I said about Mora and feel ashamed for even saying stuff like that......

Boxing/MMA record: 21-14-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 08-12-12 at 02:14 AM.

hougigo

Meh, post one more before I go to bed.

Lomachenko is a virtual lock tomorrow..... like, I've never said that before ever.
    Reason being is his counterpart is extremely lucky to even be there (decision wise) and Lomachenko has fought way tougher opposition than him..... Toledo was way better.
    Also, Lomachenko signed a pro deal with AIBA to have pro status while still being able to compete in the olympics..... corrupt no? Well that's just there way of saying there's no way you can freaking lose tomorrow, even if you don't show up. After the Mora debacle, I could use some free money.
    I already have Lomachenko to win gold.... but whatever.

Lomachenko to win @-650

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curran over pitbull should cash for you. If pitbull is going to win he needs to win in the first 2 rnds. Its a 5 rnder so he won't have the gas tank come the later rnds. Damn didn't realize the mora fight was tonight. Thank god I was going for mora... Was the fight that lopsided 118-110?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Curran over pitbull should cash for you. If pitbull is going to win he needs to win in the first 2 rnds. Its a 5 rnder so he won't have the gas tank come the later rnds. Damn didn't realize the mora fight was tonight. Thank god I was going for mora... Was the fight that lopsided 118-110?
    I have to admit..... I didn't watch the fight because my stream was down and didn't find anywhere else.
    So for the general consensus is..... Mora was robbed pretty bad. What I was going off of was an article I found online..... but everyone else who saw the fight said Mora was jobbed pretty bad and the 2 score cards are ridiculous.
    This intrigued me and now I have to watch the fight myself
    So..... that was just a pick gone bad due to judges.

note to self

Always take vera in Texas
    Last edited by hougigo; 08-12-12 at 02:30 AM.

BallaHolic777

Im in on Lomachenko with you man! Aww man he better win this biggest fav ive ever played straight. I also did I small parlay with all the favs for today except for I took Evans over Sapiyev hoping the GB crowd will carry him to the W. I worked last night and barely got any sleep but im ready for these fights here in 30

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Don't know that Joshua deserved to win that fight but I'm happy nonetheless as a bettor!

JoshB

Mora is finished, i missed the fight but there's no coming back from a loss like this. Can't handle a basic brawler like Vera? Gtfo. Cost me some cashflow as well.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    Mora is finished, i missed the fight but there's no coming back from a loss like this. Can't handle a basic brawler like Vera? Gtfo. Cost me some cashflow as well.
    I'll post the vid after it's posted on youtube.... but If it was anywhere other than Texas, Mora would have won..... from what I'm hearing right now.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I'll post the vid after it's posted on youtube.... but If it was anywhere other than Texas, Mora would have won..... from what I'm hearing right now.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Thanks for that..... I'll watch it later.... ima post my scorecard up after I do.... would be interested if anybody else did too

hougigo

Well, that's two Lomachenko hits.

Boxing/MMA record: 23-14-0

hougigo

Well, looks like Adonis Stevonson vs Don George is postponed because Stevenson hurt himself. Don't know what they'll do for FNF now.... but we'll see.
    Also, for anybody who's interested..... I started my own blog recently. I'll be posting all my bold picks here still, but I'll be doing my whole write up for why and what I think on my blog. So let's do this..... we'll see how this goes this weekend.

hougigo

Hey everybody, well.....my blog is up and running. I'll be posting my write-ups of why I picked what I picked, but posting the bold picks in here and there.

This friday created an interesting turn of events since Stevenson pulled out, but as long as the card wasn't cancelled overall, things could get interesting the week
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 09-08-14 at 12:48 PM.

Mercersux

Happy Birthday good buddy. I tried that blog Sh*t with mma a couple years ago. It was fun but just lost interest. Maybe you'll inspire me to start it up again. I did have fun writing it but just never got the feedback on it that probably would have helped keep me going. I'll definitely be checking up on it every so often though.

hougigo

Happy Birthday good buddy. I tried that blog Sh*t with mma a couple years ago. It was fun but just lost interest. Maybe you'll inspire me to start it up again. I did have fun writing it but just never got the feedback on it that probably would have helped keep me going. I'll definitely be checking up on it every so often though.
    Thank you good sir. It's the 21st too so I'll be celebrating later tonight.
    I know what you mean though.... I've tried it before and felt the same way.... don't know what got me interested in it again.

BallaHolic777

Happy Birthday man! I'll be cheking out the write ups for sure,you know your stuff. The record is looking good. Sucks about George and Stevonson would have been a good fight to watch.

Mercersux

Just so your know, Pat Curran vs pitbull scratched for next weeks Bellator. Curran is hurt. Pitbull is supposed to be fighting a replacement. Sucks because i was betting Curran all the way.

hougigo

Just so your know, Pat Curran vs pitbull scratched for next weeks Bellator. Curran is hurt. Pitbull is supposed to be fighting a replacement. Sucks because i was betting Curran all the way.
    Dang, I was up big on him too. Oh well..... good news for the pitbull fans

Quote Originally Posted by BallaHolic777 View Post
    Happy Birthday man! I'll be cheking out the write ups for sure,you know your stuff. The record is looking good. Sucks about George and Stevonson would have been a good fight to watch.
    Thanks man!
    Also thanks for valuing my opinions

hougigo

I don't see odds for the FNF main event... just the Molina fight, and it's just straight money line. So unless that changes, nothing for me tonight.... nowhere near worth it. We'll see what's up with tomorrow

Mercersux

The regular Main event for tonight was scratched. Guess Stevenson has a hand injury. So now Donovan George is fighting Dionisio Miranda in the main event. Probably explains why it's taking so long for the line to come out. I'm seriously bummin that tonight is the fnf season finale. I mean don't get me wrong, I love that football season is starting up but always looked forward to fnf.

hougigo

The regular Main event for tonight was scratched. Guess Stevenson has a hand injury. So now Donovan George is fighting Dionisio Miranda in the main event. Probably explains why it's taking so long for the line to come out. I'm seriously bummin that tonight is the fnf season finale. I mean don't get me wrong, I love that football season is starting up but always looked forward to fnf.
    Yea, I don't know if they'll get a line out or not. But the Molina fight... not even worth it.
    As for the FNF, It's saddening... but what makes it worse was the fight that would have been on here. It was Hererra vs some other person that got me really excited. I don't remember who, but it's a real bummer.

until next time FNF....

hougigo

Hey guys, if you're interested, I'll be running a live scoring blog for the Molina and George fight tonight on FNF.

Link:
    http://wp.me/p2EVes-4M

First ... 45678910 ... Last