DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I'm taking Art, I'm banking on him gassing amd getting ko'd late by the aremenian.

Art over Acosta @ +145
    Nice call on the armenian. Only it went the other way with Art starting strong. I had the over and had to sweat that the entire way after the first round knockdown. I must have looked as worried as Rousey did ringside. I swear, she isn't just focking Art she is focking every Armenian in that gym.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Nice call on the armenian. Only it went the other way with Art starting strong. I had the over and had to sweat that the entire way after the first round knockdown. I must have looked as worried as Rousey did ringside. I swear, she isn't just focking Art she is focking every Armenian in that gym.
    Thanks... and yea... I was surprised by that first KD..... could have been over for Acosta from there. You must've been sweating after that Art knockdown too... I hate that. I remember I bet the over for Donaire vs Mathebula at freaking 11.5 rounds! I thought I was dead after the fourth, but it went to decision like I thought.
    And lol at the Rousey comment.

hougigo

Something i'm going to write before all my picks. I'm just a normal person writing his opinion on what I think is going to happen and why. It's up to you to take my opinion and do with it as you will. I may be wrong as hell or I may happen to be right. If you think I'm wrong, post here and say why! Argument's are great and it's always better to see two sides to every coin.
    I'm going out to watch the Dark Night... so I'm not going to have time to look at the other fights.
    All I'm doing for now is putting down for the over for Escobedo vs Broner. I know Broner has a huge weight advantage over Escobedo... but Escobedo isn't one of those midgets Broner usually fights and has a decent chin. I think he'll last the full 12 or at least past 10. I also expect Broner to be a little mentally out of it and Escobedo to be even more motivated than before.

Broner vs Escobedo over

hougigo

Well... cross my last bet... cuz the fight is off....
    Ernest Gabion ‏@eaner0919
    Haymon went to team Escobedo and apologized for his fighters lack of respect. Team Escobedo said that it's not the money its the fairness

Ernest Gabion ‏@eaner0919
    At which they want this fight to happen. They felt they weren't being treated fairly so fight is off officially

DeFactoCrippler

You must've been sweating after that Art knockdown too... I hate that.
    To me it seemed Art wasn't really hurt from that. Acosta got focking BLASTED though

http://twitpic.com/a9xf6l/full

hougigo

To me it seemed Art wasn't really hurt from that. Acosta got focking BLASTED though

http://twitpic.com/a9xf6l/full
    True.... I'm always worried by a knockdown though.
    I think Acosta saw god

hougigo

Looking at some of the fights going on right now in Mexico... start time around 7.

Bryan Vasquez vs Lacierva looks like a good candidate for the over. Larcierva is a tough veteran who likes to put the pressure on and Vasquez is a prospect with pretty decent hand speed and defense. He hasn't KO'd anybody good, so there's a good chance he won't do that here. I think he wins it, but I think the over is safer as he's still unproven.

I'm looking at Cano vs Perez later that evening too. I don't know what to make of it to be honest. I've seen like one Perez fight and it was against some overmatched schmuck. Cano had the treat of getting an ass beating from Morales and learning something. Hopefully he can translate that well into a fight with Vasquez. I'm not so sure on this fight to be honest. If he can survive Perez's power, I think he can take a hometown decision.

Just thoughts so far...

hougigo

Broker fight is on for sure now

hougigo

Just got back.... I went in.
    Bryan Vasquez vs Lacierva over 9.5 rounds @ -270.
    It's late, but I just got my wager back from a game this afternoon.

​Boxing/MMA record: 12-8-0

hougigo

Something i'm going to write before all my picks. I'm just a normal person writing his opinion on what I think is going to happen and why. It's up to you to take my opinion and do with it as you will. I may be wrong as hell or I may happen to be right. If you think I'm wrong, post here and say why! Argument's are great and it's always better to see two sides to every coin.

I'm also taking

Broner vs Escobedo over 8.5 @ -105

Call me crazy, but I think Escobedo can take this to the cards. Escobedo isn't a little guy like broner's been fighting and I don't think he'll overpower him as easily. Of course, Broner is coming in at like 150 or a little over it. Escobedo though will be a little over 140. I think he has a chance to survive, but I don't think he'll win this. Also, it should be noted that this is in Cincy, Broner's hometown. So unless Escobedo KO's Broner, then he won't win it on the cards.
    It's a risky play, but it's one I'm going to make.
    Also, I wonder what both of their state of minds are at with the long negotiation process. Escobedo might be more motivated while Broner might get careless.

​Boxing/MMA record: 12-8-0

hougigo

I knew the Broner vs Escoedo probably wouldn't hit the over but I played anyway.
    Should've known better.... He's way too big for that division... and I don't even know about lightweight because he looked pretty big. I don't expect anybody to give him any real trouble until 140 or there's another fighter cutting down big to fight smaller guys. I do think Gamboa would either beat him or take him the distance.

​Boxing/MMA record: 12-9-0

hougigo

I made a pick of Cano over Perez while I was gone (posted thoughts really, but didn't post official pick).
    Cano won by majority decision. Since I didn't make it prior to the lines closing, I won't count it as a win for the thread.... but I will count it as a personal victory, haha.

hougigo

OMG.... Lavincera KO'd in the 9th.... so mad right now

​Boxing/MMA record: 12-10-0

hougigo

NVM
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-22-12 at 08:41 AM.

hougigo

I haven't seen boxing lines for the Olympics yet... but I heard Lomachenko was a +100 to win the gold..... this guy is dominate.... no way he doesn't win gold. He's beaten the only guy who could trouble him for gold and the only thing he has to worry about this olympics is getting robbed

Lomachenko to win gold

DeFactoCrippler

I haven't seen boxing lines for the Olympics yet... but I heard Lomachenko was a +100 to win the gold..... this guy is dominate.... no way he doesn't win gold. He's beaten the only guy who could trouble him for gold and the only thing he has to worry about this olympics is getting robbed

Lomachenko to win gold
    He is -140 at 5dimes, don't really see the line improving either. The olympic boxing is listed under "futures", probably so you can't parlay anything.

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

He is -140 at 5dimes, don't really see the line improving either. The olympic boxing is listed under "futures", probably so you can't parlay anything.
    Thanks man I probably never would have looked

hougigo

Really? Oh dang... I remember somebody came on here a couple weeks ago asking if Lomachenko was a good bet at +100.... that's incredible value IMO.
    He takes the gold at the current point system

DeFactoCrippler

Really? Oh dang... I remember somebody came on here a couple weeks ago asking if Lomachenko was a good bet at +100.... that's incredible value IMO.
    He takes the gold at the current point system
    It's up to -170 at 5dimes now.

hougigo

Well damn... I hope the guy I told to take Lomachenko at +100 took it.
    I never saw it on 5dimes.

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Well damn... I hope the guy I told to take Lomachenko at +100 took it.
    I never saw it on 5dimes.
    That would be me. I didn't have any money on my Pinnacle account and ended up having to cash most of my money out this month, so no I didn't hit it - it got completely pounded down to -145 since then. Oh well.

hougigo

I don't know if they'll put odds on Gomez vs Porter tomorrow..... but I'm loving Gomez who'll no doubt be the underdog.
    I'm biased because he's my favorite fighter.... but I think he can pull it off. He was taking Alvarez to the deep end before the stoppage.
    Also... Beltran is a maybe for Chinny Lundy. Beltran always comes to fight.... and it only takes one punch in this sport... Lundy knows that well

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

It's up to -170 at 5dimes now.
    lomachenko is now -250 on 5d.

any thoughts on some of these other weights?

shiming zou: -200 on 5d / +125 on bovada
    savannah marshall: +100 on 5d / +250 on bovada
    lazaro alvarez: +100 on 5d / +175 on bovada
    julio cesar la cruz: +100 on 5d / +160 on bovada

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any thoughts on the Selcuk Aydin - Robert Guerrero fight this weekend? think im gonna have to give the edge to Guerrero. Maybe some hedge action to be on the safe side.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Any thoughts on the Selcuk Aydin - Robert Guerrero fight this weekend? think im gonna have to give the edge to Guerrero. Maybe some hedge action to be on the safe side.
    This fight... should be in the bag for Guerrero.... but there are things that trouble me about this matchup that doesn't quite make it a lock for me.
    1. Guerrero is coming off a long lay-off... .I think it was either 2010 or 2011 he last had a fight.... and was off so long because of a shoulder injury. Hell, he was supposed to fight last year until it sidelined him.
    2. He's going to be jumping up 2 weightclasses. I don't think it's that much of a hitch for him though because he has good size and should fill it out nicely... plus he's been in the WW mindset since he challenged Floyd... so WW doesn't look that bad.
    3. Aydin's got some power in him.... and if Guerrero isn't careful, he could get hurt. He also hasn't fought in a while, so who knows how he'll react or how he'll fight. Might be rust, might not.

Now, here's the skinny about the fight.... Guerrero skill wise is way better than Aydin is. Aydin is a plodder, all he has is power and, this is a description I liked about him, has the punch output of a heavyweight. All 3 of Aydin's best wins are controversial too.... in which not a lot of people thought he won them. Guerrero has the reach and skill to box Aydin's ears off all night long to either a decision or late TKO... but Aydin has the power to hurt Guerrero.
    All in all though, I think Guerrero takes this in a decision. I don't think he'll KO him because it's been a while.... but he should be able to cruise to a UD if he manages not to get hurt. If he gets hurt though, but isn't KO'd.... I could see him taking a SD in which he struggles the rest of the way.

Guerrero over Aydin
    And if they have an over/under

Guerrero vs Aydin over (basically to decision)

That's what I think. I think in all liklyhood... if Aydin doesn't KO Guerrero, Guererro will most likely take a decision... dude's very underrated as a boxer. If he fills into WW nicely (size wise) WW has just become a very interesting division .

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    lomachenko is now -250 on 5d.

any thoughts on some of these other weights?

shiming zou: -200 on 5d / +125 on bovada
    savannah marshall: +100 on 5d / +250 on bovada
    lazaro alvarez: +100 on 5d / +175 on bovada
    julio cesar la cruz: +100 on 5d / +160 on bovada
    Sorry mate, I don't really watch amateur boxing that much... but enough to know that Lomachenko is the favorite and should win the gold again this year. I would watch tape on them, but I"ll be gone with no internet access for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-27-12 at 11:41 AM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Sorry mate, I don't really watch amateur boxing that much... but enough to know that Lomachenko is the favorite and should win the gold again this year. I would watch tape on them, but I"ll be gone with no internet access for 2 weeks.
    no worries, figured i would ask you since the lomachenko recommendation is looking pretty spot on right now.

hougigo

I'll make one more for tonight... not so sure about it... but I'll make a small play on it
    I think Lundy will outbox Beltran for 10 rounds to win a decision. My only concern is if Lundy's chin will hold up in this fight.
    John Molina showed him what's up in the 11th of their fight and Lundy was comfortably ahead.
    I think Lundy knows what's at stake (possible Broner fight) and will feel the need to impress... which will drive him even more. I also think he understands what happens when you think ahead though.... a la Khan.
    Beltran always comes to fight though and Lundy is chinny... if he lands a good one, it could be lights out.
    I think Lundy will take it though and this goes to the cards

Lundy vs Beltran over 9.5 rounds

I'm not as confident as the Guerrero fight... but I think this has the potential to hit the over....-180 isn't that bad too.
    Well, fingers crossed

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    no worries, figured i would ask you since the lomachenko recommendation is looking pretty spot on right now.
    Yea... IMO, when I heard somebody say +100 I was really surprised. He's already beaten most of the people who'd challenge him for the gold and redeemed his last loss in the amateur championships.
    His style is still pretty good for the current points system they have right now and would be mildly surprised if he didn't win the gold..... only because he's at lightweight now instead of featherweight.

DeFactoCrippler

This exactly. Focking hate amateur boxing, its really hard to follow as well. Hard enough to keep up with pro boxing worldwide let alone amateur boxers from all these eastern bloc countries.

Judging is even more corrupt than the pros.

hougigo

Pretty good value pick here IMO. Shawn Porter is going up against ALfonso Gomez tomorrow at a pretty good underdog value of +305. Gomez has a pretty good chance of winning this as Porter really is untested and didn't really impress with some of his opposition as of lately. Gomez is a step up too soon for Porter, very solid boxer and has a lot of experience compared to Porter. He's a real Mexican warrior who attacks the body well and has decent power.
    I'm a little biased towards Gomez as he's my favorite boxer.... but there's a very good chance Gomez gets the win here.

Gomez over Porter @ +305

hougigo

I don't know if they'll put odds on Gomez vs Porter tomorrow..... but I'm loving Gomez who'll no doubt be the underdog.
    I'm biased because he's my favorite fighter.... but I think he can pull it off. He was taking Alvarez to the deep end before the stoppage.
    Also... Beltran is a maybe for Chinny Lundy. Beltran always comes to fight.... and it only takes one punch in this sport... Lundy knows that well
    ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT RIGHT NOW!
    I made a personal bet and didn't bold post it here because my last couple big upsets lost here... but Beltran my belt this out!
    Kind of sad now though as the one I did post might not hit.. LUndy will need a round or two to recover
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-27-12 at 11:16 PM.

hougigo

Wow... 3-1 to Beltran right now for me (could be 2-2). He needs to keep it up, he might take a decision... LUndy is still recovering... and Beltran might get him out

hougigo

Lundy is recovered now and picking it up

Should go the full 10.... hoping Beltran picks it up though

hougigo

Over hits.... that's it for my bold pick.
    Now it's time to see how my personal pick went.....
    pretty good chance Beltran could get it

hougigo

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA!
    +800 plus odds on this baby!
    Sorry I didn't bold pick this though, I wasn't as confident that he'd win and I thought maybe Lundy would use his reach and speed to win. Lundy could have won though if he didn't take as long to recover.
    Always rely on FNF for upsets.
    Again, my apologies for not posting to people who take my opinion into note.

I'll probably post some more tonight for tomorrow if anybody cares.

​Boxing/MMA record: 13-10-0

First ... 2345678 ... Last