Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Im having Haye and Khan by points.

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I've got Khan and Haye in parlays. Also, I've got Haye to win by decision, the over on Khan-Garcia and Khan by decision. Good luck!

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AraiWa View Post
    I've got Khan and Haye in parlays. Also, I've got Haye to win by decision, the over on Khan-Garcia and Khan by decision. Good luck!
    I wanted to take an over under but they took it down. I already put down on Haye at like -350.... feel stupid when I didn't take it below 300's.
    As for Khan-Garcia... I think this is going to decision. **** me if I'm wrong, but I don't think either knock each other out... it should at least beat the over.
    Also, I've been calling Khan to win by decision.... the day's leading up to it I'm not so sure anymore. I need to see what Khan coming off a loss against a live opponent will do. I don't know where his confidence is right now and if he'll revert to his old tactics.
    I had Khan in the beginning, but I'd say this'll go to the cards.... I think he'll win on the cards though with his activity because Garcia won't be able to make or keep the same pace Peterson did or be up in his face as much.. but if he can get those body punches in a slow Khan down.... this'll be very interesting.

I'm calling this right now though.... Khan will stick to his old tactics:
    Flurry first few rounds, rest and move around the middle and flurry the championship rounds. Run in the ring when necessary.

​If you don't think he runs when he's hurt, I suggest you look at his Peterson/Maidana fight. I doubt his defense has changed much as that isn't Roach's forte
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-14-12 at 02:56 PM.

hougigo

On another note.... really mad that they didn't put some of these lines up until late. I want to get some action out some of these fights, but need more info on some.
    Makes me sound dumb though since I called 6 fights wrong, hahaha.
    I want to switch to 5dimes that had this info up for a while, but I like heritage
    If only I knew more about Omeldo....

hougigo

Didn't take the over/under because Heritage didn't put it up in time for me.... but my Hate play still stands... kind of mad I didn't get him at -250... but a win is a win.
    As for a Vitali fight.... he won't be so easy to hit like Chisora

Boxing/MMA record 9-6-0

hougigo

Something i'm going to write before all my picks. I'm just a normal person writing his opinion on what I think is going to happen and why. It's up to you to take my opinion and do with it as you will. I may be wrong as hell or I may happen to be right. If you think I'm wrong, post here and say why! Argument's are great and it's always better to see two sides to every coin.
    Also, apparently Mayweather said if Khan KO's Garcia, he'll get a fight with him.
    This makes things interesting now because he's got a KO on his mind which might make him a little reckless.
    I know that taking the over is risky, but I think Garcia can belt out at least 10 rounds and make this competitive.

So, I'm taking the over for Khan-Garcia. I've mentioned it somewhere in here, but I think it'll be a decision for Khan.

Khan vs Garcia over 9.5 rounds @ -140

I'm also looking at some of the matches that just popped up on Heritage.
    Cuneca vs Olmedo looks like a good candidate for the over. Cuenca has very solid defense and is a southpaw, and Olmedo is a pretty strong puncher... but I'm not that impressed with his speed like a lot of people are saying. I think Cuenca could belt out a decision like 41 out of his 42 fights, but the over is looking likely as Cuenca is good enough to dodge him and Olmedo should be sturdy enough to not get KO'd.
    I'm going in and taking the over

Cuenca vs Olmedo over 8.5 rounds @ -225

Next, Marquez vs Lumcado.
    I think this has the potential to go the over.... but I question Lumcado's heart. He's only been stopped once, but that made me really question his heart as I think he could have gotten up from that.
    Soooooo... might make a play later, but for now... it's just that.

Boxing/MMA record 9-6-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-14-12 at 05:34 PM.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Also, apparently Mayweather said if Khan KO's Garcia, he'll get a fight with him.
    This makes things interesting now because he's got a KO on his mind which might make him a little reckless.
    I know that taking the over is risky, but I think Garcia can belt out at least 10 rounds and make this competitive.

So, I'm taking the over for Khan-Garcia. I've mentioned it somewhere in here, but I think it'll be a decision for Khan.
    I called Khan last week and my confidence slowly declined, his interview where he said he wanted to go for the KO made me drop confidence in him and made me just go for the over under.
    I thought he would have been on his bike again, but he just got plain stupid in this fight and showed he's learned nothing over the past three years. He stood in there and got it from Danny.
    I knew Danny had good timing, but jesus that was beautiful. He rocked Khan with a lot of shots coming in and he really worked on his overhands to catch Khan with his typical flurry in-and-out.
    Khan helped Garcia by being reckless..... he wanted that KO too bad and it cost him. I just don't understand....

Boxing/MMA record 9-7-0

hougigo

Kicking myself for not taking Cuenca on the ML at +180... I think. I knew Olmedo could get outboxed, but I didn't jump on it and took the over instead. I only saw 2 Olmedo fights and didn't get a good feel for him.... so I took the choice I thought was the best to win out of the two. Well, a win is a win... I'll take it

Boxing/MMA record 10-7-0

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

Bad luck last night man. I watched the Haye/Chisora fight in the pub and I was ******* livid. I expected the whole fight to be like rounds 1-4. In round 5 Chisora for some inexplicable reason opened his guard a crazy amount, got cracked HARD with a 4 or 5 punch combo and from there he was done - he did an utterly terrible job of covering up after getting dropped. 15 seconds left in the round and he didn't manage to turtle it out. Fair play though I guess, he took some sickeningly hard shots throughout the fight.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Bad luck last night man. I watched the Haye/Chisora fight in the pub and I was ******* livid. I expected the whole fight to be like rounds 1-4. In round 5 Chisora for some inexplicable reason opened his guard a crazy amount, got cracked HARD with a 4 or 5 punch combo and from there he was done - he did an utterly terrible job of covering up after getting dropped. 15 seconds left in the round and he didn't manage to turtle it out. Fair play though I guess, he took some sickeningly hard shots throughout the fight.
    I feel the same way man... this is the sport of boxing... anything can happen.
    I got to say though about the Danny Garcia vs Khan fight. I thought Khan would win, and my confidence shrank as the fight grew near.
    After that second round.... it looked like Garcia would catch Khan eventually because he was getting those check hooks and overhands in and Khan wasn't doing anything about it.
    If I had live betting, I would have take Garcia.... also I looked at the compubox stats this morning..... these guys should work in the seoul olympics because their numbers suck. They need to find somebody else to click buttons and count punches.... counting the punches Khan missed or got blocked by

AdamB
    AdamB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

I feel the same way man... this is the sport of boxing... anything can happen.
    I got to say though about the Danny Garcia vs Khan fight. I thought Khan would win, and my confidence shrank as the fight grew near.
    After that second round.... it looked like Garcia would catch Khan eventually because he was getting those check hooks and overhands in and Khan wasn't doing anything about it.
    If I had live betting, I would have take Garcia.... also I looked at the compubox stats this morning..... these guys should work in the seoul olympics because their numbers suck. They need to find somebody else to click buttons and count punches.... counting the punches Khan missed or got blocked by
    Garcia has one hell of a chin. Was walking through shots in order to land his own.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Garcia has one hell of a chin. Was walking through shots in order to land his own.
    Yo man, he was able to take some of Holt's shots and he's one of the most devastating punchers at 140.

hougigo

Escobedo vs Broner odds are out....
    Martinez vs JCC Jr. also... he's a slight favorite over JCC Jr.
    I can see it changing towards Jr.'s favor as the fight draws closer and I'll wait till then to put my bet on Martinez.
    JCC Jr. will be 4/4 champions of Roach that lost this year.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

How r the broner/escobedo lines looking? Haven't got a chance to glance at em yet. Thoughts on the fight?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    How r the broner/escobedo lines looking? Haven't got a chance to glance at em yet. Thoughts on the fight?
    Don't even bother with the money line..... Browner is at -1700 at 5dimes. I want to say over because Escobedo is a tough bastard and broners last ko came against somebody probably high on coke mid fight. I think broner will win, but I'm not putting anything in stone yet.... There've some big upsets in the last 30 days

AraiWa
    One bet away
    AraiWa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I might pass on the Broner fight. I just can't see any value, at least not yet. Way too much chalk for me.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by AraiWa View Post
    I might pass on the Broner fight. I just can't see any value, at least not yet. Way too much chalk for me.
    I'm waiting for the over/under. I'm thinking they'll have the over in the + side since Broner just KO'd his last guy brutally.

hougigo

Couple of side notes for this weekend.
    These are observations, not picks

O/U for Broner vs Escobedo is out at around 8.5 rounds... so that looks good for the over. Escobedo isn't outsized by Broner and won't have the same weight/height disadvantage as his other opponents. While I don't expect Escobedo to win, there's a better chance the fight will go to decision. A little weary though as Escobedo has campaigned at LW and I don't think Broner's chin has been tested yet. I think he's too fast to get hit by a looping punch from Escobedo, but you never know.

Next, Burgos vs Vasquez. I think this has the potential to go under and end by KO. Burgos is a good puncher, accurate and brings it... but not really impressed with a couple of his past performances. Lucky for him though, his opponent that good and has never fought outside of Mexico. This could spell early knockout as his "undefeated" counterpart hasn't fought anybody of note. Burgos will probably prove too much for him and KO him early. Still a little weary, but what I'm thinking right now.

Acosta vs Art is a tricky one. While Acosta has the experience and tougher resume compared to art... he also has the tenancy to gas out. That's why he was beaten so badly by Rios after starting off so strong. Also, between Abril and Rios, he has been knocked down 6 times (3 a piece). So right now it's looking pretty bad for him. Art on the other hand hasn't fought that many decent opposition. His best was against Cristobol Cruz and that ended in a TD. Acosta is the favorite here and I think he could win if he doesn't gas out....but he probably will
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-20-12 at 11:54 AM.

hougigo

Broner just weighed in at 133.5..... 3.5 pounds over. If he decides to drain himself... I see the odds shifting.... but I doubt he will

BallaHolic777
    BallaHolic777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Hey man really enjoying your picks and insights. Im reading that Broner isnt even going to try and cut the rest but the fight will go on. I see odds have also gone back up a little today on escobedo. With those extra few pounds im really thinking he may get the stoppage, im sure he wants the spectacular win again. Also im thinking of starting my own mma/boxing plays/predictions thread..I had garcia last week, wish I would have been around to discourage some of the khan backers. There is no way I ever wouldve taken khan at those odds and cant believe it looks like so many did. Also I have a huge upset prediction for next week..

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by BallaHolic777 View Post
    Hey man really enjoying your picks and insights. Im reading that Broner isnt even going to try and cut the rest but the fight will go on. I see odds have also gone back up a little today on escobedo. With those extra few pounds im really thinking he may get the stoppage, im sure he wants the spectacular win again. Also im thinking of starting my own mma/boxing plays/predictions thread..I had garcia last week, wish I would have been around to discourage some of the khan backers. There is no way I ever wouldve taken khan at those odds and cant believe it looks like so many did. Also I have a huge upset prediction for next week..
    Hey man, I actually tried to post on your profile about your Santiago-Green poster.
    Yea, I think Escobedo is going to be at a real disadvantage.. but Escobedo is also a former LW with a pretty decent chin. Also, I'm wondering how good Broner's speed will be since he has all that extra weight on him. I don't think Escobedo will win, but I don't think he'll get KO'd.
    Also, I say go for it man. Most of the threads here are MMA.... I suck at MMA and just make those my personal picks now because I just embarrass my self when I post them, lol.
    I was thinking Garcia, but I didn't think he'd be able to counter Khan as well. I've said it before though... if I had live betting at the time, I would have taken Garcia after Round 2 because he was catching Khan every time he went in.
    Also for your upset... is it Aydin vs Guerrero?

hougigo

Fight's still on, Broner will be losing 20% of his 300k purse with 10% going to Escobedo and 10% to the commission. The weight negotiation for tomorrow's weigh in is still being negotiated... but word is 140 is the weight.

BallaHolic777

Now they are talking about a 140 pound max weigh in for tomorrow, no telling how that will play out yet. No matter the weight I think Broners speed is still going to be unreal. Yea I may just hang around here for now and let you guys know some of my plays and small insight if thats cool. I also know boxing much better than MMA, I follow lots of fights and lesser knows. I train too so i get opinions from lots of boxing heads in my area.
    I thought Garcia Vs Khan was a pick em fight so I loved Garcia and jumped on it. Good call on the live fight though because although khan was scoring more I too thought Garcia was figuring him out well with hard counters and showing a great chin. In the third I pretty much saw the KD coming, Garcia was landing hard and winning the rnd pretty easy then the hook landed. Credit to khan sticking around.

Haha Danny Santiago over Green is my upset pick next week, im just waiting till fight night since im sure everyone will be taking Green. Im hoping to see props on this too, as I believe Santiago is going to win this by KO. I follow Santiago very closely and this is gonna be his night to get the big win. I'll make a thread on the fight in a few days so my pick is out there!

hougigo

Now they are talking about a 140 pound max weigh in for tomorrow, no telling how that will play out yet. No matter the weight I think Broners speed is still going to be unreal. Yea I may just hang around here for now and let you guys know some of my plays and small insight if thats cool. I also know boxing much better than MMA, I follow lots of fights and lesser knows. I train too so i get opinions from lots of boxing heads in my area.
    I thought Garcia Vs Khan was a pick em fight so I loved Garcia and jumped on it. Good call on the live fight though because although khan was scoring more I too thought Garcia was figuring him out well with hard counters and showing a great chin. In the third I pretty much saw the KD coming, Garcia was landing hard and winning the rnd pretty easy then the hook landed. Credit to khan sticking around.

Haha Danny Santiago over Green is my upset pick next week, im just waiting till fight night since im sure everyone will be taking Green. Im hoping to see props on this too, as I believe Santiago is going to win this by KO. I follow Santiago very closely and this is gonna be his night to get the big win. I'll make a thread on the fight in a few days so my pick is out there!
    Green over Santiago!
    Dang man... now that is a ballsy pick. I mean, Danny's going up to cruiser and Danny was boxing Kryzstof pretty good before the KO. Good luck man, I didn't like the odds so I decided to stay off.
    Have you seen any recent footage of him? And how do you think Danny will fair at Cruiser?

hougigo

Something i'm going to write before all my picks. I'm just a normal person writing his opinion on what I think is going to happen and why. It's up to you to take my opinion and do with it as you will. I may be wrong as hell or I may happen to be right. If you think I'm wrong, post here and say why! Argument's are great and it's always better to see two sides to every coin.

Looking at a fight that starts at 6:30.... Veron vs Maciel.
    Just watched some videos today so I'm not as confident with this pick.... but I think there's a good possibility the fight will hit the under. Maciel is devastating with his body punches and he put up a good fight against a top middleweight, Dmitry Pirog. The fight will be at 154... so I expect him to come in powerful and fast. I wasn't really impressed with Veron even though he won his last string of fights. I saw the Falliga fight and he did a good job at not getting hit.... but I feel that Maciel will just bring too much power for him to handle.
    Also, every fight he went a decision in was against a middleweight and above. Maciel found his home and I expect him to KO Veron within 5 rounds.

Just what I think... do with it what you will.... remember my above statement.

Maciel vs Veron under 7.5 @ -140

Boxing/MMA record 10-7-0

BallaHolic777

Green over Santiago!
    Dang man... now that is a ballsy pick. I mean, Danny's going up to cruiser and Danny was boxing Kryzstof pretty good before the KO. Good luck man, I didn't like the odds so I decided to stay off.
    Have you seen any recent footage of him? And how do you think Danny will fair at Cruiser?
    This fight is actually susposed to take place at Light Heavyweight 175#. They are both natural cruisers. Im sure by fight night Santiago will be at least a +1000 and if I can get props on the stoppage even better. Yes I know them both very well, Green should be the better boxer but I really like Santiago's chances for the KO. Or even a decision down under, if he hurts Green multiple times. Green started doing a video blog of his training camp at the start of july you can find the vids on youtube. He quit making them after 4 days so maybe he's having some trouble in camp. He got a little busted up sparring in one video. He's also coming off two pretty tough KO loses although he was looking really good with Diablo.

hougigo

Something i'm going to write before all my picks. I'm just a normal person writing his opinion on what I think is going to happen and why. It's up to you to take my opinion and do with it as you will. I may be wrong as hell or I may happen to be right. If you think I'm wrong, post here and say why! Argument's are great and it's always better to see two sides to every coin

Screw it.... I'll take the under for Burgos vs Vasquez. I think Burgos KO's him.... I'm not at all impressed with what I've seen from Vasquez's fights against his opponents. The fact he's fought exclusivity in Mexico his entire career makes me doubt him even more. i don't think he wins and I think Burgos will KO him here.
    I saw Vasquez get hit with some really big looping punches and Burgos is a lot more accurate, faster and stronger than some of his opponents. I'm not that confident about it, but I think he can do it... so why the hell not.
    There's a really good chance this goes over, Vasquez is tall and long and could stay on the outside all day if he wanted to. Dude seems too slow though and I think Burgos can get him.
    I'd actually advise not to take this unless you have money to spare because I'm not that sure of it. I'm banking on the under because Vasquez doesn't look impressive and he hasn't fought outside Mexico before.... his resume is filled with people who suck

Burgos vs Vasquez under 8.5 @ +110

BallaHolic777

A lot of Burgos recent fights went over. Good luck man hope you get it. Im picking Hovhannisyan tonight, ill probably make a small play on him in a minute.

hougigo

A lot of Burgos recent fights went over. Good luck man hope you get it. Im picking Hovhannisyan tonight, ill probably make a small play on him in a minute.
    I'm on art too.... I picked the under for Burgos because I'm not too keen on his opponent. IMO, he's overmatched and Burgos is miles above all his recent opponents. I'll probably lose, but I'm banking on his inexperience.

BallaHolic777

I'm on art too.... I picked the under for Burgos because I'm not too keen on his opponent. IMO, he's overmatched and Burgos is miles above all his recent opponents. I'll probably lose, but I'm banking on his inexperience.
    Yeah u did way more work than me, I didnt get to watch vids of them at all. Im feeling really good about Art tonight though, Lets get it.

hougigo

Yeah u did way more work than me, I didnt get to watch vids of them at all. Im feeling really good about Art tonight though, Lets get it.
    Thanks, looks like I was right.... I'm never to keen on boxers who never fought outside of mexico... Just like cano. Vasquez jumped up too high imo

boxing/mma record: 11-7-0
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-20-12 at 09:49 PM.

hougigo

I'm taking Art, I'm banking on him gassing amd getting ko'd late by the aremenian.

Art over Acosta @ +145
    Last edited by hougigo; 07-20-12 at 10:38 PM.

hougigo

Ouch, marciel wins by ud

boxing/mma record: 11-8-0

hougigo

Evidently art did enough to win

​Boxng/mma record: 12-8-0

hougigo

Broner couldn't make weight..... The fight is off

First 1234567 ... Last