playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

So I have blockchain with some bitcoin in it... how do I transfer to my bank account

A few years ago I had it all down, but someone hacked my bank account and I had to start a new account. Right now, I have around $700 in bitcoin in blockchain (I won $600 from SBR and made another $100 due to the flucuation). I want to send that money to my bank account. What else do I need?

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Open an account at Gemini or Coinbase, attach your bank account, send the bitcoin to your account there, sell your bitcoin and transfer the funds to your bank.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lord_Mar7

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29964

Probably a really dumb question but I'm newish to BC investing and holding for long-term so haven't gotten to the withdrawal process yet: what's the purpose of Blockchain when you have to make a Coinbase account and send it there anyway to get it to your bank? Can you just do it all-in-one on Coinbase or no?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Probably a really dumb question but I'm newish to BC investing and holding for long-term so haven't gotten to the withdrawal process yet: what's the purpose of Blockchain when you have to make a Coinbase account and send it there anyway to get it to your bank? Can you just do it all-in-one on Coinbase or no?
    For the sports bettors, Blockchain acts as an intermediary to keep the Bitcoin "clean". Coinbase and Gemini prohibit using their platform for the purposes of facilitating online gambling so you risk your account being closed if they trace the Bitcoin being sent/received from an offshore book. Blockchain makes that harder to track that by acting as an intermediary wallet so it's not going directly to/from a book.

Also, you hold the private keys to your Blockchain wallet. If you have your coins stored on Coinbase, it's the equivalent to having your money held in a bank; you risk losing those funds if the bank fails. With a wallet like Blockchain, you're in control of the Bitcoin so there's no worries of losing Bitcoin if an exchange fails. However, you're also responsible for the security of your wallet.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 11-02-19 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixed a Typo
    Points Awarded:

blankoblanco gave mrpapageorgio 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29964

Alright, cool. Thank you for the detailed and very well-explained answer. I appreciate it

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Alright, cool. Thank you for the detailed and very well-explained answer. I appreciate it
    Fixed the sentence: If you have your coins stored on Coinbase, it's the equivalent to having your money held in a bank. Before I accidentally said "Blockchain"

ordaflavius
    Update your status
    ordaflavius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

big risk with bitcoin, can go down very quick