dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Exchange closing scam

Seems like a scam to me that these sites can deny access to your funds if you don't withdraw by a certain time due to a change in policy (Poloniex, Binance)

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I had nothing but problems at Binance. They were so frustrating to deal with I just gave up and intentionally locked my account by attempting to log in with the wrong password multiple times.

What was the cause of my frustration? Well my account was not verified so I was allowed a max withdrawal of 1 bitcoin per day or something like that and when I deposited some shitcoins to convert to bitcoin (WELL under the 1 bitcoin max for an unverified acct ) they locked my account and demanded my account become verified before they would allow any withdrawals which was clearly NOT what the website said.

Anyway in order to unlock my account I had to install their app on my phone and complete a facial recognition procedure that failed every time. I literally tried a hundred different times and never got approved once. Then my emails were responded to with canned answers and when I submitted a ticket it triggered the facial recognition crap all over again. It was like Groundhog Day for me and extremely frustrating. Plus the support staff I dealt with were not very fluent in English and corresponding to them was nightmarish.

I think I lost around $100 USD, well technically I could try to activate the account and request a withdrawal but no fukkin way am I going through that nonsense again. Binance wore me down and earned a cool $100.

I'll NEVER deal with them again for anything.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9521

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Seems like a scam to me that these sites can deny access to your funds if you don't withdraw by a certain time due to a change in policy (Poloniex, Binance)
    What's the story?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9131

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What's the story?
    Exchanges stopping access to US customers.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Exchanges stopping access to US customers.
    That sounds important.

Can someone please post official message from them to customers for me?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That sounds important.

Can someone please post official message from them to customers for me?
    Hello Poloniex US Customer,

This is an important reminder that trading for US Poloniex customers will end on November 1, 2019. With the end of trading, you must also stop depositing funds into your account. Please finalize all trades and deposits prior to November 1, 2019.

As a US Poloniex customer, you will continue to have access to all of your cryptoassets through Circle until at least December 15, 2019. To remain in control of your assets, you must withdraw your full balance prior to this date.

The full announcement can be found here and our Customer Support Team is available to answer any questions you may have. Visit our Help Center or reply to this message and we will get back to you.

Team Poloniex

Binance was/is doing something like this too I believe
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave dlowilly 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Thanks