Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Sure, it's possible to make more on your rollover grinding at a NL holdem ring game. What you conveniently leave out is the fact how much longer it takes. Those with lives who value their time are chopping Omaha, completing their rolls at a much higher % than you within minutes compared to your hours.
    That part was conveniently left out because it's conveniently not true, as you might have known if you'd ever tried a ring game, or if you were able to understand the detailed explanation provided. People rolling over in ring games take longer to roll over any given balance, but in the process of rollover a decent player can earn more points in less time than the original tournament winnings, especially when playing simultaneously with a tournament. Face it bobbo, your poor assumptions about time spent in ring games don't add up, while the amount of time it takes for you to grind out a fraction of minimum wage is obvious to all. Almost as entertaining as a guy grinding 8 hours a week to make what a janitor makes in an hour claiming he rolls over faster because he "values his time"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25135

Bobbo, dont talk about wasting time. Playing 99.9% of daily tournies for the past couple of years is as much a waste of time as anything else. Better part is you even take the time to hawk between the various playing times to insert yourself into the tourney with the least amount of players (hence your jump to 9pm tourney more recently since beating basically half the field assures a cash)

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Bobbo, dont talk about wasting time. Playing 99.9% of daily tournies for the past couple of years is as much a waste of time as anything else. Better part is you even take the time to hawk between the various playing times to insert yourself into the tourney with the least amount of players (hence your jump to 9pm tourney more recently since beating basically half the field assures a cash)
    Playing dailies for 90 mins with an average overlay of 2,200, is hardly a waste of time for those with a clue.

When retired, one has more time than most. I play whatever time is convenient for me, usually 7, 9, or 11pm.

Hysterical, coming from a guy who plays the same dailies usually at 9pm.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Surprisingly Bobbo you missed the point. Even with all the "overlay" best case scenario has you averaging maybe between $2-$3/hour so your comments talking about others wasting there time apply to you as well. Ill assume most here (besides yourself) play this as a form of entertainment. $15 is not really "worth" the time unless its for entertainment so maybe I do have a "clue"

You spend roughly 7 hours a week playing for the equivalent of maybe $15 hours and your really gonna knock someone else about what you have better things to do with your time.

And of course I play the 9pm, I always have. Kids are up/awake during the other ones and I generally do not stay up late enough to play the 11pm so yeah, when I play it generally the 9pm. However, I played the 9pm when it was averaging close to the most players as well, you on the other hand are just looking for which one has the fewest. And I generally dont play many now and if I do I generally have rings games going as well (your right I do let pops play as he enjoys it and anyone seeing the two of us play can pretty easily tell which is which)

bobbywaves

Surprisingly Bobbo you missed the point. Even with all the "overlay" best case scenario has you averaging maybe between $2-$3/hour so your comments talking about others wasting there time apply to you as well. Ill assume most here (besides yourself) play this as a form of entertainment. $15 is not really "worth" the time unless its for entertainment so maybe I do have a "clue"

You spend roughly 7 hours a week playing for the equivalent of maybe $15 hours and your really gonna knock someone else about what you have better things to do with your time.

And of course I play the 9pm, I always have. Kids are up/awake during the other ones and I generally do not stay up late enough to play the 11pm so yeah, when I play it generally the 9pm. However, I played the 9pm when it was averaging close to the most players as well, you on the other hand are just looking for which one has the fewest. And I generally dont play many now and if I do I generally have rings games going as well (your right I do let pops play as he enjoys it and anyone seeing the two of us play can pretty easily tell which is which)
    Apparently you missed the point, how could someone retired be concerned about a few bucks an hour? It's obviously all about the entertainment. The dailies are played out of necessity due to annual challenge. It also allows me the enjoyment of humbling any smack talker like Tripe, & take him for 29k.

I don't waste time on things that can be easily avoided, like rolling over in NL hold'em ring games. There's obviously much faster ways to roll, which intelligent folks take full advantage of.

I play whatever time is convenient. There's no way to know which tourney will have the least players. Even if there was a way to know, there would be nothing unethical about trying to gain a fair advantage. This tactic could just as easily backfire, by getting stuck in an 11pm with more players.

You're right...I can easily tell when Pops is playing, as he's the only one cashing.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Except when I played you heads up and smoked you bobbo

Triple_D_Bet

Yup, bobbo is batting .000 against you lifetime when you have a reason to play seriously....the sadder thing is that he's not even batting 1.000 against you when you don't play seriously

Triple_D_Bet

Apparently you missed the point, how could someone retired be concerned about a few bucks an hour? It's obviously all about the entertainment. The dailies are played out of necessity due to annual challenge. It also allows me the enjoyment of humbling any smack talker like Tripe, & take him for 29k.
    ...and yet last year with no annual challenge, you decided to play every daily? And decided to base all of your bragging about winrate and ROI on those numbers?

I don't waste time on things that can be easily avoided, like rolling over in NL hold'em ring games. There's obviously much faster ways to roll, which intelligent folks take full advantage of.
    Funny, the same could be said of playing in daily tournaments. Guys like DS can make more points in less time than you in ring games alone; by any definition but your own, it's you who's wasting time sucking at SBR's teat for the lone poker format with massive overlay. Without that overlay, your poker "skill" would earn you about $0.25 an hour...and you can't understand why nobody is impressed with your "skill", or why your talk of "wasting time" is so ironic??

bobbywaves

Nah, that was your Pops getting lucky....Good thing you didn't join annual challenge, you playing every day wouldn't change the outcome of a Waves victory.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    the sadder thing is that he's not even batting 1.000 against you when you don't play seriously
    How so? Downmouth is obviously trailing me, serious or not.

I'm batting 1,000 against you Tripe, try & prove otherwise. Since I'm poised to win 31k, that's obviously all I'm concerned about.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Nah, that was your Pops getting lucky....Good thing you didn't join annual challenge, you playing every day wouldn't change the outcome of a Waves victory.
    Even worse than as he knows he is terrible.

We played heads up for two months and it wasn't even close bobbo.

bobbywaves

Almost 6 months now, & Downmouth not close to Waves.

Triple_D_Bet

How so? Downmouth is obviously trailing me, serious or not.

I'm batting 1,000 against you Tripe, try & prove otherwise. Since I'm poised to win 31k, that's obviously all I'm concerned about.
    Considering you're 0-0 in contests vs me, your math is pretty poor...but we knew that already

Once again, the only way you have a chance of beating DS is if he's not playing

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Offer still on the table Bobbo, we can start today. Me and you heads up. I know, I know you can only do challenges now that start in January and last 12 months because Jobu told you only start on months that begin with J and you cannot count to 12 so have to start in January during the winter solstice because despite your retirement/unemployment whatever it is its just too much effort to post an extra screenshot once a week or so.

And yes, 6 months and your way ahead. Using your logic cannot understand why you will not take my easy points for the next couple months.

bobbywaves

Considering you're 0-0 in contests vs me, your math is pretty poor...but we knew that already
    SBR runs 3-4 poker contests every year, smoked you in every one the last 2 years I've played. Search & post an old contest leaderboard to prove otherwise.

Once again, the only way you have a chance of beating DS is if he's not playing
    Fact of the matter is, DS is playing quite often.....I have a confession to make. During the 8 week challenge with DS, that was my son playing.

bobbywaves

And yes, 6 months and your way ahead.
    ......Looking forward to you signing up for next annual challenge in January.

Triple_D_Bet

SBR runs 3-4 poker contests every year, smoked you in every one the last 2 years I've played. Search & post an old contest leaderboard to prove otherwise.
    Better yet, why don't you show me one where you claimed a higher prize than me? It might have happened, but off the top of my head, all I can remember is you failing to make Team USA along with me (although I missed quite a few in the summer, not sure if I would have made it or not, format was brutal), or us qualifying for the same entry to a tournament, or both of us not receiving any prize for the triathlon. So even when I had no particular reason to try and you tried every day, you couldn't manage to qualify for a prize from SBR unless the qualifications were extremely loose, like top 75 players. That would say volumes about your abilities if it wasn't obvsious from watching you for a tournament

Fact of the matter is, DS is playing quite often.....I have a confession to make. During the 8 week challenge with DS, that was my son playing.
    While it's probably just your poor attempt at humor, it would be nice if you taught your son to play poker as timidly as you do...the world could always use more fish

bobbywaves

Better yet, why don't you show me one where you claimed a higher prize than me?
    Why, when I didn't say anything about prizes? Simply said I finished ahead of you in every poker contest. Of course your excuse will be the same as DS, I wasn't trying or playing every day. Just like the current World Cup contest...you'll be lucky just to make Confederates, while I'm firmly entrenched on USA.

Triple_D_Bet

Why, when I didn't say anything about prizes? Simply said I finished ahead of you in every poker contest. Of course your excuse will be the same as DS, I wasn't trying or playing every day. Just like the current World Cup contest...you'll be lucky just to make Confederates, while I'm firmly entrenched on USA.
    When there's no extra prize for it, finishing ahead of someone doesn't mean much...or to put it in terms you'd understand, winning in Zynga poker doesn't mean you'd win if the stakes were more meaningful.

Don't be so sure on world cup; despite trying as hard as you could, you were nowhere to be found on a team last year, and will likely end up on confederates this year.

bobbywaves

finishing ahead of someone doesn't mean much.
    Means they played better.

Triple_D_Bet

Means they played better more often.
    Fixed that for ya

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Actually I dont need an excuse as to why you finished higher than me in poker contest. I finished ahead of you in plenty including actually making a ryder cup when they had half the spots they do this year.

And fact remains, when I agreed to play you and put in the effort it wasnt really all that close over two months as I averaged over a 100 more points than you per week as the route was on.

As far as this world cup, I havent put in a whole lot of effort, let pops play a lot, missed a whole week or so when I was at beach and he was out of town. Have missed a few sporadically here and there as well, but by all means, carry on about your greatness winning when Im not participating because the one time you actually grew a small pair they were ripped off and fed to you leaving you to resort to bullshite excuses and being a puss

bobbywaves

leaving you to resort to bullshite excuses and being a puss
    There's no excuses, I'll play you again this January if you sign up. The only puss is you, for not registering last January.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

There's no excuses, I'll play you again this January if you sign up. The only puss is you, for not registering last January.
    Bottom line is you know you won't win. Otherwise if you felt you were positive EV for this you would want to run it as soon as possible and as often as possible. Thats the advantage of expected value is that it is expected. Wanting to wait 8 months to run a 12 month contest is killing 8 months of what you should perceive to be an advantage. Its like knowing you can generate a 4% return on a certain subset of ballgames but refusing to do it because the month isnt spelled with the correct amount of letters.

How bout this, lets do a series of month contest for 2000 a month*. We run one every month with a 12 month period or 3k buyout, meaning if you want to quit it costs you 3k.

Again, someone that has such a high perceived EV would jump at this opportunity since I may have a lucky month and win one but you would obviously win many additional months since you are such a huge advantage player.

Please contradict yourself again and show you have no clue as to EV as you again give some form of excuse that says you will only do a contest heads up with me that starts on half moons, with months that start with Ja and have average temps of xyz and last an entire year.

*2000 a month because I know your a tight ass and I will actually do whatever monthly amount you so choose.

bobbywaves

Annual challenge is open to anyone. But I wouldn't openly invite you, if I didn't think I would win. See you in January, hopefully.

Triple_D_Bet

Betting still open for a few more weeks, last chance to get bobbo at +200....even though nobody else has bet on the self-proclaimed favorite so far, maybe there's someone out there who believes bobbo can win this

bobbywaves

Since you have no other action (which is absolutely amazing), am I capped at 20k to win approx 29k? If not, I'm willing to bet more.

Triple_D_Bet

Since you have no other action (which is absolutely amazing), am I capped at 20k to win approx 29k? If not, I'm willing to bet more.
    Amazing according to you, not-so-amazing to everyone else...you already showed everyone you can't be trusted with a lead, and they're betting accordingly

As for your question, I'd consider taking more action from you, but I'm sure your question was simply rhetorical; after all, you've been ducking DS with claims of not over-extending yourself, so you obviously couldn't over-extend yourself by betting more with me, right?

bobbywaves

They're not "betting accordingly," they're simply not betting. I'm wiling to take action on you as well, not surprising only 2 people were willing to bet on you.

The only reason I'm willing to bet more is the fact that I'm a virtual lock to win, with an insurmountable 3k lead. As usual, you deflect attention away from raising the bet by mentioning DS. It's not over-extending when I'm a lock & considering I still have a 5k surplus from hedge fund payout.

If you don't want to bet more just say so, no need to use DS as an excuse.

Triple_D_Bet

They're not "betting accordingly," they're simply not betting. I'm wiling to take action on you as well, not surprising only 2 people were willing to bet on you.

The only reason I'm willing to bet more is the fact that I'm a virtual lock to win, with an insurmountable 3k lead. As usual, you deflect attention away from raising the bet by mentioning DS. It's not over-extending when I'm a lock & considering I still have a 5k surplus from hedge fund payout.

If you don't want to bet more just say so, no need to use DS as an excuse.
    The bet is a lock, and yet nobody else wants to bet it at +200? And several people have bet against the lock at +EV? Sounds likely

Aside from all that, I didn't require you to post up at the beginning because I assumed you were good for it. You've been feeding DS a bunch of crap this whole time (telling him you can't overextend, then turning around and betting more at the same odds as he offered). With your history of delusional definitions of terms (to which you've added a new one, with your proven misunderstanding of "overextend"), I find it harder and harder to believe that your delusions are limited to terminology, and more reluctant to possibly let you freeroll me.

As I said, I'll consider it...but as glad as I'll be to win your points, I don't really want to be part of your delusional reasoning for why you're ducking DS

bobbywaves

I can't speak on behalf of the forums ignorance, not betting Waves at +200 with a 3k lead. Suits me just fine, as it should free up more room for me to bet. Only if you had the balls to accept more action from me. The only one at risk of being free rolled is me. Because unlike you, I have the pts to back up my bets.

As far as DS, you conveniently forget I generously offered to let him in months late. Only for DS to use you as a pathetic excuse not to play. DS can join this January, like anyone else who wants to participate. Not my problem DS didn't sign up last January. When DS backed out a 2nd time, I decided to go all in against you. Will turn out to be a very wise investment on my part. It's my prerogative to start annual challenges in January, just like it was DS prerogative not to join.

If you paid more attention to your own business instead of worrying about DS & myself, perhaps you would only be facing a 2k deficit instead of 3k. If nobody bets, then you should be able to take some more action from me. I'll be willing to go 5k more for 25k total risk, let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    How's our point standings compare for World Cup now that I'm actually playing? Oh yeah, thought so.
    Good question, let's check....According to the trusty leaderboard, it's no surprise you're trailing Tidal Waves :

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-talk/2904619-sbr-world-poker-cup-brand-new-faces-since-last-update.html?slf=36

bobbywaves

The bet is a lock, and yet nobody else wants to bet it at +200? And several people have bet against the lock at +EV? Sounds likely

Aside from all that, I didn't require you to post up at the beginning because I assumed you were good for it. You've been feeding DS a bunch of crap this whole time (telling him you can't overextend, then turning around and betting more at the same odds as he offered). With your history of delusional definitions of terms (to which you've added a new one, with your proven misunderstanding of "overextend"), I find it harder and harder to believe that your delusions are limited to terminology, and more reluctant to possibly let you freeroll me.

As I said, I'll consider it...but as glad as I'll be to win your points, I don't really want to be part of your delusional reasoning for why you're ducking DS
    Is it really necessary for me to ship Wulf 5k, just to get my additional bet down? You have no other action, so why can't you just man up & accept my additional 5k bet? Why do I need to go through a middle man?

Triple_D_Bet

Is it really necessary for me to ship Wulf 5k, just to get my additional bet down? You have no other action, so why can't you just man up & accept my additional 5k bet? Why do I need to go through a middle man?
    Lol...ship wulfy 5k at your own risk, and I wouldn't expect to see it back any time soon. While you could use someone as a runner, it would be fairly easy to identify it in points history. As I said above, you've given me nothing but reasons to doubt you; I'll consider your request, but I'm still hesitant to extend further trust to a guy proving himself more delusional by the day

bobbywaves

Delusional when I initially transferred post up pts to you, only for you to return them when I can't be trusted? Makes sense.

Delusional when I have a 25k balance to cover bet, compared to your 1k balance? If anyone shouldn't be trusted with a bet of this magnitude, it's you not me.

First ... 567891011 ... Last