MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Pitchers Martingale System

This is a trial run at using the martingale system with individual pitchers and the money line. This is just an experiment! Basically I will be using a martingale system with each individual pitcher. The pitchers have nothing to do with each other. Right now I have 8 pitchers that I want to use. They are Chris Carpenter, Tim Hudson, Phil Hughes, Ubaldo Jimenez, Josh Johnson, Andy Pettite, David Price, and Adam Wainwright. Others may be added as we go along. I mainly chose these guys based on wins, the pitchers losing streaks, and their team's offense. Since this is still just an experiment I am only going to start with $5 starting bets. No reason to waste money if it busts. If this thing proves successful over the next month or month and a half, I will beef up the bets some. Looking this over, it looks really promising.

If you are not familiar with the martingale system it will work like this. 1st game with Carpenter we just risk $5 on the money line (no matter what it is). So if the line is Cardinals -150 you just bet $5 to win $3.33. If that wins you just start over and bet $5 on his next start. However, if that bet lost and the line on HIS next start is is say -180 you will bet $18 to win $10. That way you made $5 on each of his starts even though the first one lost. Then you just start over and bet $5 on his next start. However, if that 2nd bet had lost you would bet enough to make $15 on his 3rd start. It just keeps going like this.

Like I said, there are 8 pitchers right now that I want to try this with. These are the reasons for each of them.

Chris Carpenter, Cardinals
    Pros: Cardinals are 9-2 when he starts. They have not lost 2 of his starts in a row this year. No losses in a row means you shouldn't have to risk too much. Cardinals have won 8 of his last 9 starts.
    Cons: Cardinals offense is up and down.

Tim Hudson, Braves
    Pros: Braves are 6-4 when he starts. Their longest losing streak with his starts is 2. Still not too much risk. Braves have won 5 out of his last 6 starts.
    Cons: Not much if the Braves can keep winning his starts.

Phil Hughes, Yankees
    Pros: Yankees are 6-3 when he starts. They have not lost 2 of his starts in a row this year. Yankees offense is a plus.
    Cons: Yanks bullpen is total shit. Team doesn't string together a lot of consecutive wins with his starts. Win 2 then lose 1 it seems.

Ubaldo Jimenez, Rockies
    Pros: Rockies are 9-1 when he starts. Probably the best pitcher in baseball right now. ERA is ridiculous at 0.88. Obviously the Rockies have not lost 2 of his starts in a row this year.
    Cons: Can't think of anything when it comes to this guy. Just need the Rockies to score.

Josh Johnson, Marlins
    Pros: Marlins are 7-4 when he starts. They have not lost 2 of his starts in a row this year.
    Cons: Not much if the Marlins can keep winning his starts.

Andy Pettite, Yankees
    Pros: Yankees are 8-1 when he starts. They obviously have not lost 2 of his starts in a row. Yankees offense is a plus. Yanks won his first 7 starts.
    Cons: Yankees bullpen is shit.

David Price, Rays
    Pros: Rays are 7-3 when he starts. They have not lost 2 of his starts in a row. They have won 4 of his last 5 starts.
    Cons: He seems to sometimes have problems going deep into his starts. Rays offense is up and down.

Adam Wainwright. Cardinals
    Pros: Cardinals are 7-5 when he starts. Their longest losing streak with his starts is 2.
    Cons: Cardinals offense is up and down. Team doesn't string together a lot of consecutive wins with his starts. If Pujols finally heats up that could change.

I was also planning on using Roy Halladay and CC Sabathia but decided against it for the time being. Phillies have now lost 3 straight when Roy Halladay started and it would have been 4 straight had he not thrown a perfect game the other night. That Phils offense is just plain terrible right now. 7 runs in their last 8 games and were shutout in 5 of them. How can you bet on them right now? CC Sabathia. Yankees have now lost 4 straight when Sabathia started. Should have only been 3 but the Yankees imploded after leading 10-4 the other day. Yankees starters seem to need to go at least 7 innings with that bullpen. I will wait for Sabathia to get back into form. Some other pitchers I have been pondering are guys like Justin Verlander (no 2 losses in a row), Tommy Hanson (no 2 losses in a row), Matt Garza (rays just lost his last 2), Tim Lincecum (gets no run support), Clau Buchholz (they lost 2 of his starts in a row earlier on but have won his last 4), and some others.

Just hope I am not jinxing myself here, but I love the martingale system and have used it successfully in the past. Last year i used it with all Detroit Tigers games betting no score in the 1st inning. It never let me down. It did make me sweat some though. I also used the martingale system last year with the Red Sox and Yankees game money lines. This is just an experiment at this point! Hopefully this will prove itself to be a good strategy to make some money down the line. Just going to bet small for the first while to see what this thing does. I wanted to start this thing today with Pettite and Jimenez taking the mound but I will just wait until tomorrow. I did take them myself but I won't count them towards the thread. Hopefully this thing can win us some money!

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

key to chase systems?

hi all,
    am i right to think the key to any chase system is to bet on whatever flips back and forth Between W and L the most?

new here
    great site
    thanks

LegitBet
    Last edited by LegitBet; 05-31-10 at 02:32 PM.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Thanks for all the work, bro. I suppose Im going to jump in on this.

nbt3428
    nbt3428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very Interesting...I'll be following this, I like the idea.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Really thinking that maybe Price should be removed. The Rays just can't hit. They have won 4 out of his last 5 starts tho.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

First play for the test is Tim Hudson. Not sure how I feel about this one. Phillies offense has been ice cold and I just hope they stay ice cold for one more game. Hudson has been strong all season so far. The most runs he has allowed all season is 3, and that was just once. Took the braves at -123. $5 for $4.07. Would like to start this experiment with a win.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

1 more thing. I am taking Price off the list. The Tampa Bay offense is just not trustworthy at all. I am trying to decide who to replace him with. 2 good choices are either Clay Buchholz or Jon Lester, both of Boston. Buchholz is 7-3 with an ERA of 2.73. The Red Sox lost 2 of his games in a row but that was in the first few weeks of the season. Since then they have won 6 of his 7 starts including his last 4. Lester is 6-2 with an ERA of 2.97. They lost his first 3 starts but since they they have been on a roll with him. The Red Sox have won 7 of his last 8 starts including his last 4. Anyone have any thoughts on these 2 guys or anyone else?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

go with lester, he was 15-8 last year and 16-6 in 08, this guy has a good history of winning games on his resume

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Braves win. Nice way to start this off. So David Price is off the list. Think I am going to replace him with Shaun Marcum of the Blue Jays. Still considering Buchholz or Lester. I am just feeling that the Blue Jays might have a more dependable offense than the Red Sox. However, the exact opposite happened with these teams tonight. Marcum isn't definite yet. His next start is tomorrow night and it's against Price who I just took off the list. Go figure.

Thread is 1-0
    +$4.07

rthoughton

Just play Carpenter tomorrow! Im in!

rthoughton

Dude... how about Cliff Lee? The Mariners have started scoring some runs. Keep an eye on him, too.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

There will be 3 plays tonight. Just waiting and watching the odds right now. Carpentar opened up at -240 but has come down to -200. Marcum opened up at -111 and is not 113. Unfortunately Hughes opened up at a huge -325 and is still -320. Most books have it even higher. Not much profit to be had on him.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Tonight I have $5 on the Blue Jays with Marcum at -106 to win $4.72, $5 on the Cardinals with Carpentar at -210 to win $2.38, and $5 on the Yankees with Hughes at -310 to win $1.61. The Hughes bet is junk due to the high line but I gotta play the system.

Hudson 1-0 +$4.07
    Overall 1-0 +$4.07

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

What do ya know. I switch out Price for Marcum and Marcum loses it in the 9th. What luck. Marcums next game is at Tampa Bay so will probably against David Price yet again. Start after that should be against San Diego. Hopefully he wins his next start and we get that loss back. Hughes and Carpenter both pulled through tonight so we went 2-1 on the night.

Hudson 1-0 +$4.07 (W1)
    Carpenter 1-0 +$2.38 (W1)
    Hughes 1-0 +$1.61 (W1)
    Marcum 0-1 -$5.00 (L1)

Overall 3-1 +$3.06

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

No system plays today

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Sorry but there is one play tonight. Josh Johnson. Line is high at -240. $5 for $2.08

superblaaze
    superblaaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I like the Idea I have been doing a experiment or test with the 1st inning yes or no scores.. have you looked into the run line with these pitchers...usually pitchers with a winning record such as you have compiled come with heavy juice. where as the run line if it is even possible would reverse this.

I like the concept

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Marlins win tonight so the Johnson bet is a winner.

Hudson 1-0 +$4.07 (W1)
    Hughes 1-0 +$1.61 (W1)
    Marcum 0-1 -$5.00 (L1)
    Johnson 1-0 +2.08 (W1)

Overall 4-1 +$5.14

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by superblaaze View Post
    I like the Idea I have been doing a experiment or test with the 1st inning yes or no scores.. have you looked into the run line with these pitchers...usually pitchers with a winning record such as you have compiled come with heavy juice. where as the run line if it is even possible would reverse this. I like the concept
    I've thought about playing the run lines just because they are so much lower, but they are just riskier. Just like tonight the Marlins gave up a run in the 9th to win by 1. On the other side, I have heard that every game the Yankees have won has been by 2 or more. Not sure if that's true, but it's what I have heard. If I was betting a third bet on a pitcher and the game was like -300 or something I would definitely look at the run line a lot more. Just kind of depends on which teams are playing.

BettingWorld
    BettingWorld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

Keep this up MU. I play a similar system but am still refining it ill be keeping an eye on this to see how it pans out. So far so good! I really like the idea of having a set piggy bank of pitchers paired to their offense, been working good for me too!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Good luck to you as well man. Mine is not set in stone either. One thing I have pondered is the doubling up. Like Marcum lost. I am waiting until his next start to double up on him. I have thought about after a loss, just doubling up on the next pitcher up in the system instead of waiting for the loser to start again. Not totally sure what I will do. Still just an experiment. Best of luck to us all!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Just 1 play. Wainwright -220. $5 for $2.27.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Wainwright is a winner.

Hudson 1-0 +$4.07 (W1)
    Hughes 1-0 +$1.61 (W1)
    Marcum 0-1 -$5.00 (L1)
    Johnson 1-0 +2.08 (W1)
    Wainwright 1-0 +$2.27 (W1)

Overall 5-1 +$7.41

Tomorrow is Pettite and then Jimenez will be Sunday. The first time I played this system was last Saturady I believe and they both won. It was before I started this thread so I didn't count them. Pettite will be the harder win.

yankeerick
    yankeerick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

thanks this is going to be good.will follow good luck.

BettingWorld

I'm on the yanks for 5 too. Fukc it, mans a beast

BettingWorld

You know what? We need to add a filter or plan when two studs match up together

SportsAddict
    SportsAddict's Avatar Become A Pro!

yankees!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

I got Pettite and the Yankees at -131. $5 for $3.82. It didn't move up too much from when it opened. Hope Pettite shuts down that Blue Jays offense.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWorld View Post
    You know what? We need to add a filter or plan when two studs match up together
    What kind of filter could there be? This actually happened the first day I started this. I started last Saturday (5/29) and had Josh Johnson against Roy Halladay (he was on the list originally). Since both were on my list I simply made it a no play. Really, making the game a no play is the only way I can see doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    What kind of filter could there be? This actually happened the first day I started this. I started last Saturday (5/29) and had Josh Johnson against Roy Halladay (he was on the list originally). Since both were on my list I simply made it a no play. Really, making the game a no play is the only way I can see doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Do some research, see how often the under in the first five innings hits in these scenarios.

alexy
    alexy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

Just a question

DONT YOU THINK THAT THE BULLPEN IS TAKING A STRONG POSITION IN THE SCORES LATELY?
    Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I got Pettite and the Yankees at -131. $5 for $3.82. It didn't move up too much from when it opened. Hope Pettite shuts down that Blue Jays offense.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by alexy View Post
    DONT YOU THINK THAT THE BULLPEN IS TAKING A STRONG POSITION IN THE SCORES LATELY?
    Of course they are. The Yankees and Blue Jays have both had some problems with the pen. The only loss of the thread is Marcum who had the lead in the 9th. The first game I tried this with was CC Sabathia against Cleveland and the Yankees blew the 10-4 lead. The key for the Yankees could be Chamberlain. The guy is either good or total shit. There is no in between with him.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Well the Yankees lost in 14 innings today.

Hudson 1-0 +$4.07 (W1)
    Hughes 1-0 +$1.61 (W1)
    Marcum 0-1 -$5.00 (L1)
    Johnson 1-0 +2.08 (W1)
    Wainwright 1-0 +$2.27 (W1)
    Pettite 0-1 -$5.00

Overall 5-2 +$2.41

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Only 1 play on Sunday at that will be Jimenez against Arizona. That will prolly have some real heavy juice.

rthoughton

First time Ive had a shot to check in on you. Looks like youre doing pretty well...
    Still heading in this weekend?
    Pettite and Marcum will get the next game and win it back. no worries.

1234 Last