Maester Rigo
    Maester Rigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maester Rigo's MLB Picks

I'm just doin this for myself as a way to keep track of my MLB season record.
    Hopefuly this doesn't bother anyone in any way shape or form hahaha.
    My picks for today are as follows.

Kansas City Royals +105 (You cant really count this 1 since I just made account and didnt post before the game I dont wanna be called a Cheater. But I did take it for $200 and won so I cant complain lol )

San Francisco Giants +110 1 UNIT (Wellemeyer vs Garland. Both these pitchers have started off the season very poorly as 0-2. Giants are a much stronger Team and in desperate need for a win before their series showdown with the STL Cardinals. The Padres have played well against SF these past few game but are by far nothing special. I see SF taking home this win easily to help bring in some momentum before the homestand against the Cards this weekend.)

LA Dodgers -145 2 UNITS (Dodgers are comming off an upsetting loss in wich they had a very legitamate chance in winning after rallying back to tie the game from a 6 run difference. Dodgers send out who is by far the most solid pitcher thus far in their rotation Hiroki Kuroda against Aaron Harang. Dodgers loss was NOT because of batting but thanks to an incredibely bad start by Billingsly something that will not be the case tonight with Kuroda. Expect Harang to get hit hard and early in tonights game.)

Phillies/Atlanta 1st 5 innings Under 3 1/2 -115 1 UNIT (Halladay has been nothing short of amazing since joining the Phillies and I dont see it changing anytime soon. Halladay vs. Hudson will be a great pitching duel and I just cant see it going past 3 runs in the first 5 innings with 2 solidly proven pitchers at the Mound.)

Phillies -140 1 UNIT (The Phillies come in tonight with Ace Pitcher Roy Halladay who has been an absolute Nightmare for Batters his last 3 games. Phillies are comming off a VERY disappointing loss after Atlanta made a great Rally at the 9th inning to tie the game and take the Win home with them after at the 10th. Phillies are gonna come in ready to avenge the loss that should not have happened.)

Minnesota Twins -175 1 UNIT (Two good pitchers going head to head with 1 key difference. The Twins Red Hot offense against the Indians so so batters. The Twins WILL take 2/3 of the games if not 3/3 for the sweep. Liriano made the Boston Red Sox lineup look like a joke and although Boston has been struggling you cant compare Boston with Clevland to be on even grounds offensivly. Twins take tonights game with ease.)

Good Luck with Tonights games Baseball Fans!
    Last edited by Maester Rigo; 04-22-10 at 12:38 AM.

Maester Rigo

Phillies 1st 5 innings is a wrap easy $$$

Maester Rigo

Under on Phillies 5 innings Win Phillies win 2-0
    SF Giants lose 2-5
    2wins 1 loss up 1 unit.

Maester Rigo

Twins win 6-0 +1 Unit
    Dodgers win 14-6 +2 Units
    Today is 4wins 1loss and that puts us up a grand total of 4 units. Today has been a very good day for baseball.

Maester Rigo

I'll post my picks for tomorrow with the odds later this evening. I don't know if anyones followed today but hopefuly tomorrow is as good as today was.

Maester Rigo

Okay my picks for Thursday are as Follows:

Oakland A's +160 1 UNIT (Starting off the day calling the upset. Sabathia vs. Braden. Oaklands best against Yankee's best. Taking CC Sabathia looks like free money to most everyone but the A's have been playing better as the series goes on and with this being the Final game for the A's to try and save face at home my monies on the underdog. Oakland has done well against strong teams and will salvage their series in beating New Yorksfinest.)

Colorado Rockies -185 1 UNIT (Colorado sends out the Ace of the Team in Ubaldo Jimenez to salvage the series and break even with Washington at 2-2. Rockies have done well at bat this series so far and with Ubaldo there to keep Washingtons bats cold Im expecting a good performance from the Rockies to keep Jimenez win streak going and get him safely to the 4-0 mark.)

Tampa Bay Rays +105 2 UNIT (Tampa Bay looks to take the series win with Shields at the mound as he faces off against Peavy. Peavy has struggled incredibly bad in all of his 3 outings and will get little to no help from his teamates. The White Sox are in a terrible slump right now and are in no position to threaten the Very dominant Rays. The Sox may have upset Price but the Rays will not be letting the White Sox get their first series win in the past 9 games. Great value in this play Rays all the way.)

Detroit Tigers -115 1 UNIT (Justin Verlander takes the mound tonight against Angels Joe Saunders. Verlander's best years have looked like a distant memory this year something I very much so expect to change after this Thursdays game. The Tigers played outstanding in Wednesdays game to come from behind late in the game and steal the win from LA. I expect the Tigers to carry forward this momentum and give Verlander the much needed run support and Tie this series at 2-2.)

LA Dodgers -110 1 UNIT (Late add here. Im going with my gutt feeling on this 1 and taking the Dodgers Padilla to take a win against Reds Leake. Dodgers have been scratching their way closer to the division leaders the SF Giants and after the Giants got swept I expect LA to try their hardest to take this series win and get ever closer to taking their rightful place at the top of its division's food chain. Supperior batting against a young pitcher Leake has no wins and no losses in all his starts and is about to take the 1st loss on his record against the Dodgers.)

Current Record 4-1 +4 UNITS so far.

Good Luck with this Thursdays bets everyone!!!
    Last edited by Maester Rigo; 04-22-10 at 01:52 AM.

Maester Rigo

Just added the Dodgers to todays list

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Good luck this season and welcome to the forum

Maester Rigo

Thanks DeluxeLiner. I like your display pic they made me ALOT of money last season in their home games lol

pickcards
    pickcards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im with you on the dodgers today, Padilla will find his stride this season and watched him at the end of last season he was lights out..

watch his sinker... it's amazing, almost scary movement on it.

Maester Rigo

Thanks for your post pickcards, I just wnna have a fun and $$$ profitable baseball season. Yesterday was a $500 for me so hopefuly the Dodgers can help put in their 2 cents for me lol. I dont care if the Reds are at home if the Pirates can sweep em why cant our Boys in blue take the final 2 lol. Dodgers are a better team who need this win to climb back up to the top.

(P.S. Worth noting the Twins are -200 Today and have yet to sweep a team might be best to not take the big risk on this game if anyone considered it. With that said the Twins are also 1 of the most offense dominant teams so far so its hard to bet against them lol. Scary game IMO big risk small rewards or small wager against with big rewards.)
    Last edited by Maester Rigo; 04-22-10 at 04:10 AM.

Maester Rigo

4-21-2010
    SF Giants ML +110=$100 Loss
    LA Dodgers ML -145=$137.93 Win
    Phillies 1st 5 innings under 3 1/2-115=$86.96 Win
    Phillies ML -140=$71.43 Win
    Minnesota Twins ML -175=$57.14 Win
    4-21-2010 = +$253.46
    Last edited by Maester Rigo; 04-23-10 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Just noticed I messed up on it had the winnings say higher than what it actually was. the $253.46 overall profit was right

Maester Rigo

Twins are getting stomped on Glad I stayed away lol

Maester Rigo

Oakland looking good so far 4-0. Hope they can keep that up 4 more innings.

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

You have some great picks there. Also welcome to the boards. Good luck on your wagers today.........

Maester Rigo

Thanks, I looked over these picks for awhile so I hope most of them hit. A shame Manning didnt get another Superbowl but thats okay he'll take the 1 thats gonna be held at Indy lol.

Maester Rigo

1 more inning to go GL to everyone who took the A's.

Maester Rigo

Booya! Oakland wins 1 down 4 to go!

Maester Rigo

Rockies Win! 2-0 for the day so far.

Maester Rigo

Dodgers blow it at the bottom of the 7th 2-1 so far with 2 to go. Tampa Bay had a rough start but has rebounded great.

Maester Rigo

I know it's a bit prematurely but let's just call Tampa Bay a win it's 10-2 and the White Sux just can't do anything offensively lol. 3-1 with 1 to go.

Maester Rigo

And it is all over!! Tampa Bay Rays win by unanimous decision 10-2! :P

Maester Rigo

1 more inning to go. Let's go Tigers!

Maester Rigo

Tigers win 5-4! That makes the Day a repeat performance at 4-1!!!

Maester Rigo

4-22-2010
    Oakland A's ML +160 1 UNIT = $160 Win
    Colorado Rockies ML -185 1 UNIT = $54.05 Win
    LA Dodgers ML -110 1 UNIT = $100 Loss
    Tampa Bay Ray's ML +105 2 UNITS = $210 Win
    Detroit Tigers ML -115 1 UNIT = $86.96 Win
    4-22-2010 = +$411.01

Maester Rigo

MLB Season Record 8-2 +8 UNITS = +$664.47

Maester Rigo

Doing some homework on who to take Tomorrw...alotta tough calls so far will post my picks in an hr or 2.

Maester Rigo

Picks for Friday 4-23-2010 are as follows:

Dodgers -120 1 UNIT (LA Dodgers take on the Washington Nationals this Friday at Nationals Park. Call me a Dodgers fan or call me a non believer of Rookie pitchers making their debut into the Big Leaues against the Hard hitting Dodgers. Haeger hasnt had the best of games but all in all he hasnt been the worst of the rotation. Luis Atilano makes his Major League debut against a Dodgers team who have done outsanding at bat getting 28 runs in its last 3 games against Cincinnati. I expect Haeger to bounce back well and help lead LA to a Win.)

STL Cardinals +155 1 UNIT (Garcia vs. Lincecum is this Fridays true Pitchers Duel. Pitching wise I cant argue with everyone who will agree that Lincecum is the more experienced and tested Pitcher of the 2. You dont become the 2 time CY Young award winner for nothing. BUT there is a big difference between what i believe is a slight edge in pitching between the 2 and the GIGANTIC difference in hitting. The Giants have just FIVE runs in its past 4 games in wich solid pitching just wasnt enough to make up for lack of runs. As opposed to the cardinals who have racked up 25 runs in its past 4 games 7 of wich came off Dan Haren who is a very solid pitcher in my eyes. Cardinals take this game by a run or 2.)

STL Cardinals/SF Giants 1st 5 Innings Under 3 1/2 -125 or 3 depending on where you go. 1 UNIT (2 great young Pitchers going up against 1 another in what should easily be a 5 run game overall. The Giants bats have been very cold these past 4 games and Lincecum is trouble for anyone regardless if your name is Albert Pujols or Matt Holliday.)

Minnesota Twins -130 1 UNIT (After giving away a win to the Cleveland Indians the Twins are looking to open up its 9 game road stretch with a Win against division rivals KC Royals. I expect this game to be a high scoring affair and with Joe Mauer back at bat today the Twins just bring Fire Power the Royals cant match 8/10 times. Back and forth game with Twins comming out on top at the end of the Day.)

Seattle Mariners +115 2 Unit (I'm riding the losing streak known as the White Sox. Seattle has been performing very well lately wich has been the exact opposite of the White Sox. Rowland-Smith is 1-0 in his career against the White Sox posting a 1.08 era against them. Smith is in a much better place right now than Floyd who has yet to have even a decent outting this year. Floyd has allowed a total of 11 runs in his past 2 games in just 7 innings pitched. Sox cant seem to find the way out of their terrible slump and I dont see them doing so anytime soon. Great value in this play. 2 ball clubs heading in the exact opposite directions, my money is on Ichiro and the Mariners.)

Good Luck with This Fridays Plays Baseball Fans!!!

Season Record 8-2 +8 UNITS/+$664.47
    Last edited by Maester Rigo; 04-23-10 at 09:23 AM. Reason: LA Angels just wasnt a strong enough play so I kicked em out.

quick$
    quick$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

when do you sleep? Thnks for the hard work. BOL.
    welcome to the board. need to catch some zzzzz.

Maester Rigo

Whats sleep?
    I live in Vegas sleep is overated lol. Buenas Noches quick$

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

I cant stand that knuckeballer going for the dodgers....but at the same time the Nats have a rookie making his mlb debut

Maester Rigo

Dodgers game against Nats gonna be a slug fest just like it was with Reds.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Both teams have their best hitters out....Manny for the dodgers and Zimmerman for the Nats...i always bet against Haeger when the other teams is throwing an above average or even decent pitcher but with the rookie pitching theres to many unknowns...no play for me...better games out there...love the Twins tho

Maester Rigo

Zimmerman might be out they said. Guess its a playtime decision.

Maester Rigo

After thinking it over in my sleep I decided Angels was a Terrible pick compared to the Mariners vs White Sox. Seattle just seems like a much better play for soooooo many reasons.

123 Last