bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers hope to start Sheets Wednesday

This is just what the doctor ordered from the Brewers, especially after going under .500 on the year tonight.

Sheets could start; Vargas goes on disabled list

CHICAGO -- The Milwaukee Brewers might have an ace up their sleeve.

A team official told ESPN's Peter Gammons on Tuesday night that the Brewers hope to start Ben Sheets against the Cubs on Wednesday.

Sheets, on the DL since July 16 with a sprained middle finger on his right hand, was to test his injury before Tuesday's game against Chicago. The Brewers' ace is 10-4 with a 3.39 ERA in 19 starts this season. He has missed 39 games and Milwaukee is 14-25 since he was put on the DL, falling out of first place in the NL Central.

"It provides a little stability for your club. Having your No. 1 guy back out there helps," manager Ned Yost said before the game.

"We'll see how Benny is and then we'll adjust the rotation from there. If Benny can pitch, then you know Benny might pitch [Wednesday]. We'll see how he feels."

The Brewers already made a roster move, putting right-hander Claudio Vargas on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with a strained lower back.

Vargas is 10-4 with a 5.13 ERA in 25 games, including 23 starts.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

This is the equivalent of an obese person ordering a diet soda. Pointless. The Brewers are finished. If you had access to live betting and had bet against them every time they've taken a 3+ run lead in the past month, you'd be rich.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

I Think The Brewers Are Done As Well.not A Chance They Do Sh It.season Over

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

A day late and a dollar short.....

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brew Crew are so past due for a win on wed , too bad they play their 1st place rival on the road , makes it pretty tough to call with any real confidence for me . If I had to pick I would have to stay on the winning team here .... no matter who is pitching until the Brew show they can win a game . I would never touch this game for $ . Zambro has not been too effective lately , was a sell out early on when I would have the Cubs then he looked like cy young all the sudden for a nice stretch . As soon as I get off a team after they keep losing they usually win , but this scenario here is just sick . Night game , chic fans jacked up , is insane to figure since the Brew are contenders and have to wake up sometime . Sheets with a blister that could act up ? Are you serious ? I would never touch this game in a million years .