Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 663

Giants' Gene Kapler First Manager To Kneel

Gabe Kapler made headlines Monday night. The Giants manager, along with some other players, took a knee during the national anthem prior San Francisco’s game against the Oakland Athletics. Mike Yastrzemski, Austin Slater and Jaylin Davis also took a knee on the same Coliseum field former A’s catcher Bruce Maxwell did so in 2017. Kapler is the first Major League Baseball to kneel to protest police brutality and racial injustice.

Pretty powerful moment. Kapler not shied away about voicing his opinions on racial injustice, and said he was going to use his platform in order to speak out. And it appears he’s doing just that.

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/statu...onal-anthem%2F

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

In response to a question about Gabe Kapler taking a knee during the national anthem tonight, Dusty Baker says it's something he's thought about but won't say if he'll do it himself

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Gabe Kapler informed #SFGiants he would kneel before the game: "I wanted them to know I wasn’t pleased how our country has handled police brutality. I told them I wanted to amplify their voices and amplify the voice of the Black community, and marginalized communities as well.''