2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Totals record in thread now stands at 10-6.

I havnt been tallying up the plus minus but since we flat betting and I rarely play more than -110 (few exceptions) easy enough to say +3u and some change. If it important enough to anyone I can go back but don't think it means much..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 08-10-17 at 08:33 AM.

JerseyGodFather
    JerseyGodFather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1588

I know you have answered this before, but what website you use for official Umpire lineups?

OlDirtyBaztid
    OlDirtyBaztid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5187

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGodFather View Post
    I know you have answered this before, but what website you use for official Umpire lineups?
    covers.com, brotha. great info on there

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGodFather View Post
    Odb got you.

Far as finding out who behind the plate that day the guys at CTG have a "stalking the umpires" thread everyday and do a great job listing that days umps, they make it easy for me to be lazy so I just go to that thread everyday to see who behind the plate!

2daBank

I've been experimenting w NFL preseason totals, I know lol! So far 2-0 so for time being it house money!

Tonight I'm on (if anyone interested)

den/chi ov 35.5 .. I look for games where we gonna have solid qbs in against backup defenses, preferably on teams that have a qb competition going or rookies coaches want to see (ala Watson last night). Tonight we have a full fledged qb battle in Denver w 2 capable guys that should see a lot of the action tonight. On bears side not really sure wtf they doing but they do have a bunch of new faces who again will get a lot of time against backup defenders and vanilla schemes. I certainly don't expect bears rookie to look anything close to Watson (what a dumb desicion to take some kid who started a year at North Carolina instead of proven winner like Watson!) but he gonna get his chances as bears need to see what they have and if he making any progress, that may not lead to points for the bears but think it could lead to points for Denver! Or maybe he shines (doubtful) but I think he gonna be throwing which should lead to someone scoring!!

I really think there some merit in preseason totals as while coaches could give 2 fuks about the outcome they do want to see execution and if anything we can count on these backups giving us their all..

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

Fade the Steelers in pre-season games with Landry Jones playing any significant time.

I haven't even started on NFL at all, trying to stay focused on bases.

2daBank

Cle/tb u8 -115.. biting the bullet and paying little more juice than I prefer but like this one so it is what it is..

Salazar has been fantastic since returning from the dl, has been incredible in 2 starts at the trop to the tune of a .66 era which is 13.2 innings 1 earned run allowed and despite Tampa tagging him in a start at cle earlier this season when he was struggling before the dl stint they still collectively have a grand total of 8 hits in 53 ab's with 24 k's against him!! Tampons offense has really been struggling and there simply no relief in site against this stud. I expect Salazar goes 7+ here and doesn't allow more than a run or 2.

On the other side snell is nowhere near that level but he isn't terrible, and not terrible should be enough to limit tribe bats who also been struggling of late, the last 6 games tribe hitting .175 w the lowest ops in the bigs over that stretch. I think we can reasonably expect snell to get us 5-6 innings while not allowing more than 3 runs, even if he gives up 4 we will still be in pretty good shape here and I think that the absolute worst case.

Both pens top 10 in ops allowed and again they will be facing a couple cold lineups. I have this 4-2 tribe.

2daBank

Kc/stl u9 -108.. was waiting to get 9 w reasonable juice. Cards offense is flat out humming right now so the move up certainly understandable but I think we will get strong starts out of both pitchers here. Lynn has been great lately, been great at Busch, and has a nice history w foster calling balls and strikes. No reason he doesn't give us 6+ innings and hold royals under 3 runs here. Believe it or not cards pen has become a strength now that matheny has given them more defined roles. After Lynn exits the pen will do their part and keep kc off the scoreboard. I have kc scoring 3 total and could even see them held to 2 runs here.

Assuming cards pitchers do their job and kc scores 3 that would mean cards have to score 7 to beat us, a number they have topped in 4 straight. The offense can continue playing well and still not put up that many runs. Hammel a solid pitcher who has had pretty good success at Busch in his career and has been stringing together quality starts lately. I think he capable of going 6 innings and holding cards hot offense to 3-4 runs. Cards been tagging kc pen this series but that too solid a unit to continue getting crushed. I think the number here is 5 for the cards and that should be enough to win on the backs of the strong pitching.

Click_Clack
    Click_Clack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

My book got KC/STL @ 8.5 what's ur outtake on that?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Click_Clack View Post
    My book got KC/STL @ 8.5 what's ur outtake on that?
    I would wait as most have come off 8.5 and moved to 9, yours should follow suit.. for me i needed 9 to play it as while I'm obviously not looking for pushes I didn't want a situation where 4-4 beat me or cards offense putting up 6 beat me.

SAX27
    SAX27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5738

FWIW on NFL pre season.....for the last 4 years its been an auto play for me to take all unders for week 1 only. Been profitable. Will be doing the same this year as well as many dogs.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SAX27 View Post
    FWIW on NFL pre season.....for the last 4 years its been an auto play for me to take all unders for week 1 only. Been profitable. Will be doing the same this year as well as many dogs.
    Well that no good I'm on 3 overs tonight and cashed the over last night..

FUqer

Bears, Eagles, Browns would be my guesses for tonight. Giants and Under for tomorrow.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Bank any sides tonight in bases? I know you said you're not posting them officially. Cards maybe?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by FUqer View Post
    Bears, Eagles, Browns would be my guesses for tonight. Giants and Under for tomorrow.
    I have no interest in sides as most these coaches could care less if they win these games. I have read that hue Jackson in fact wants to win them this year so browns makes sense (I like the over in that one).

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Bank any sides tonight in bases? I know you said you're not posting them officially. Cards maybe?
    I did a little cards/yanks parlay but didn't really love anything.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Kc/stl u9 -108.. was waiting to get 9 w reasonable juice. Cards offense is flat out humming right now so the move up certainly understandable but I think we will get strong starts out of both pitchers here. Lynn has been great lately, been great at Busch, and has a nice history w foster calling balls and strikes. No reason he doesn't give us 6+ innings and hold royals under 3 runs here. Believe it or not cards pen has become a strength now that matheny has given them more defined roles. After Lynn exits the pen will do their part and keep kc off the scoreboard. I have kc scoring 3 total and could even see them held to 2 runs here.

Assuming cards pitchers do their job and kc scores 3 that would mean cards have to score 7 to beat us, a number they have topped in 4 straight. The offense can continue playing well and still not put up that many runs. Hammel a solid pitcher who has had pretty good success at Busch in his career and has been stringing together quality starts lately. I think he capable of going 6 innings and holding cards hot offense to 3-4 runs. Cards been tagging kc pen this series but that too solid a unit to continue getting crushed. I think the number here is 5 for the cards and that should be enough to win on the backs of the strong pitching.
    Nice writeup, brotha. I'm torn because i want to back Cards and under. Lotsa options - FG under, FF under, Cards FF RL, KC FF TT under 2. My favorite might by parlay of Card FF ML + FF under 5 (+206). Especially like the FF angles because of pitcher having to bat. Anyway, I think i'm gonna roll with Royals TT under 4, even though it's a little juicy at -115. BOL tonight Bank!

SAX27
    SAX27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5738

Biff...love all of this!!

2daBank

Wow cards offense just unreal right now. Thought we were in good shape there then they just explode once again. 1-1 on night

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Wow... I'm 2-3 on the night because I played Cards FF instead of game. I didn't even mean to do that. What a bonehead I am. Was making the bet in a hurry before meeting someone for dinner. Smh.

OlDirtyBaztid
    OlDirtyBaztid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5187

i tell ya what, man. matheny is the definition of insanity with this bullpen: doing the same thing over and expecting different results. what's this guy thinking?! these guys won't last one round in the post season with that bullpen. it amazes me that they didn't even make an effort to fix that MASSIVE f*ck up of a bullpen they got going on during the trade frenzy even though it was clear as day that they needed serious work. that asian dude is trash and cecil belongs in the minors

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBaztid View Post
    i tell ya what, man. matheny is the definition of insanity with this bullpen: doing the same thing over and expecting different results. what's this guy thinking?! these guys won't last one round in the post season with that bullpen. it amazes me that they didn't even make an effort to fix that MASSIVE f*ck up of a bullpen they got going on during the trade frenzy even though it was clear as day that they needed serious work. that asian dude is trash and cecil belongs in the minors
    In all honestly bro the pen been very good for more than a month now (pretty much when he put rosenthal back as closer where he belongs). Cecil obviously not going to minors w all the money they just gave him in to bring him here. The problems arise when matheny does retarded things like leave Oh in against lefties who have mashed him this season, they were incredibly lucky that rocket moss hit didn't leave the yard and tie the game.

It's understandable to think of the pen as a weakness cause it was a mess the 1st 3 months of the season (nobody ripped them more than me!) but as I said since about June 20th they have performed very well (I believe they around 8th in era during that time). Rosenthal has been awesome. Lyons and brebbia have been very good. Duke and bowman have been serviceable. If we being honest even Cecil has been decent for the most part, his era down to 3.66 which pretty good when you consider how god awful he was early in the season. Before last night they had only allowed 2 of their last 17 runners inherited to score. No question matheny mismanages them at times (he is a moron after all!) but overall the pen has really improved since the dumpster fire they were most the 1st half of the season.

Let's remember there no way kershaw and doyers want to see them in the postseason, I promise ya that!! Or nats for that matter as cards have shit all over both those teams in postseasons not long ago!!

FUqer

What you thinking bout Cards today, you know them better than anyone I know. Decent pitching match up, don't know history vs opponent right now, their bats are so hot right now. There is a nice 19-0 SU trend for the Cards. I didn't have anytime to study last night or this morning so I got to rely on some insight from some experts and you're a Cards expert, IMO. GL today.

2daBank

Cle/tb u8 -110.. see no reason not to continue playing unders in this series as both offenses struggling to the tune of the worst 2 ops in the bigs going on over a week now! 2 struggling offenses vs 2 above average pitchers who have both had a great deal of success pitching at the trop.

Much like Salazar yesterday Carrasco got shelled by the rays earlier this season in Cleveland, however has had fantastic starts when pitching in the trop. His last 2 starts here he has pitched 16.2 innings w only 2 runs allowed with 21 k's! He has struggled his last few outings but this start is just what the doctor ordered to get him back on track. I fully expect him to pitch 6+ innings and hold tampons to less than 3 runs while striking out a bunch of guys..

Tribe have never seen Faria and this kid has been fantastic when pitching at the trop. Sporting a 3-1 record in 5 starts w a 2.56 era and a whip barely over 1.

We have 2 struggling offenses, 2 starting pitchers that have had a great deal of success at this park backed up by a couple solid pens, and we drew a excellent ump for our purposes as Vic carapazza has a incredibly generous k-zone on most nights. All points to another low scoring affair where 4 runs will be more than enough to get the W.

2daBank

What you thinking bout Cards today, you know them better than anyone I know. Decent pitching match up, don't know history vs opponent right now, their bats are so hot right now. There is a nice 19-0 SU trend for the Cards. I didn't have anytime to study last night or this morning so I got to rely on some insight from some experts and you're a Cards expert, IMO. GL today.
    Lol, I don't know about "expert" but I Appreciate the kind words buddy!!

Kinda interesting in the sense cards tagged folty earlier in the season but now he been pitching much better imo but at same time cards lineup much stronger now than last time they met. Waino has redic home/road splits this season and cards been giving him a ton of support this season even when the offense was scuffling. Another thing bout waino this season after a bad outing on the road when his next gm been at home he has been really good in the majority of them. He 7-1 at Busch this season in 10 starts and has only lost 41 games at new Busch in 170 outings!! I might have my fan goggles on but I'm gonna keep riding the wave while they playing out of their minds!!

FUqer

Thanks bro! Love the pitchers in that Indians/Rays game also, big fan of Faria, been on him almost every game he starts.

2daBank

Thanks bro! Love the pitchers in that Indians/Rays game also, big fan of Faria, been on him almost every game he starts.
    Yea I'm kinda surprised they keep hanging 8's out there in this series as I havnt came up w more than 6 and change in either game. I'd have still played yesterday at 7.5 and same can be said today. I guess little concerning that carrasco has struggled his last few outings but his success at trop, numbers vs rays hitters, and state of both offenses right now I think more relevant.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cle/tb u8 -110.. see no reason not to continue playing unders in this series as both offenses struggling to the tune of the worst 2 ops in the bigs going on over a week now! 2 struggling offenses vs 2 above average pitchers who have both had a great deal of success pitching at the trop.

Much like Salazar yesterday Carrasco got shelled by the rays earlier this season in Cleveland, however has had fantastic starts when pitching in the trop. His last 2 starts here he has pitched 16.2 innings w only 2 runs allowed with 21 k's! He has struggled his last few outings but this start is just what the doctor ordered to get him back on track. I fully expect him to pitch 6+ innings and hold tampons to less than 3 runs while striking out a bunch of guys..

Tribe have never seen Faria and this kid has been fantastic when pitching at the trop. Sporting a 3-1 record in 5 starts w a 2.56 era and a whip barely over 1.

We have 2 struggling offenses, 2 starting pitchers that have had a great deal of success at this park backed up by a couple solid pens, and we drew a excellent ump for our purposes as Vic carapazza has a incredibly generous k-zone on most nights. All points to another low scoring affair where 4 runs will be more than enough to get the W.
    Hou/Tex u10 +105.. Hamels at this point in his career has turned into a guy advanced metrics don't like but I disagree with. Since July he has had 7 starts and 5 of them been of the quality variety, one of the 2 non quality starts was a 6 inning 4 run performance so far from horrible. Really only one start in balty over this stretch has been bad. He is just a good pitcher, period. Since coming to Texas he has been great when pitching at Arlington sporting a 14-2 record and sub 4 era (not the easiest place to pitch so anything under 4 there is good imo), this season he hasnt lost a game in 6 starts and has a era barely above 3 at home. His last start at minny was fantastic as he threw a complete game and took less than a 100 pitches to do so. The way Stros offense slumping right now there just no reason to believe hamels won't put up another quality start tonight.

Rangers offense a strikeout waiting to happen and there should be no shortages tonight w Morton striking out more than a batter per inning this season. The concern would be Morton career splits vs lefty bats are not good but he has appeared to figure things out this season as lefties only have a .571 ops vs him this year. Texas lives and dies w the long ball w a lineup full of guys hitting barely above the Mendoza line w a ungodly amount of strikeouts with their only real attribute being power. Morton throughout his career has only allowed roughly 1 hr per 9 innings so it safe to assume rangers don't tee off here.

I have to assume the number being bet up because of the saber crowds dislike of hamels but as I mentioned I disagree w their assessment of him. The rangers pen is a concern but I think hamels can get us into the 7th holding Stros to 3 runs so we will have some wiggle room when the pen enters the game. In fact I have both starters pitching into the 7th with both around 3 earned runs so it should take 5 runs to beat us when the pens enter and only asking them to work 2+ innings not a huge task.

freddues
    freddues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Thanks for the Bears pick Bank.
    I had two bases pick yesterday that failed and tailing you was my only win.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by freddues View Post
    Thanks for the Bears pick Bank.
    I had two bases pick yesterday that failed and tailing you was my only win.
    Glad it worked out. Trebisky was way better than i expected!! Glennon was about as terrible as I expected (feel like if that stiff can get 15 mil I should try out somewhere!). Trebisky really saved us cause I now see why Simien is still Donks starter, lynch is terrible!

2daBank

For preseason tonight we going with

Sf/kc ov 37.. expect shanny gonna wanna see some offensive execution and besides having Barkley coming in vs backups niners also have a rookie i hear they high on and has looked solid thus far in camp. Of course kc has a rookie of their own and while I havnt heard great things about mahomes thus far obviously they gonna want to get him out there and who knows what will happen but he should be throwing so plenty of chances for things to happen bad or good should lead to scores!!

2daBank

I like the over in Washington but no way am I paying all that juice on over 10 freaking runs.

2daBank

Great outing by Carrasco. Hopefully that one big inning by tribe doesn't come back to bite us..

Cards offense playing out of their minds!!

2daBank

Cash the under in Tampa curtesy of a awesome performance from Carrasco!!

Hamels doing his job in Texas but mortons defense has let him down. We still gonna be going into the late innings with pretty good shot, hopefully the pens can do their jobs!!

Oh and niners really pissing me off with 8 plays inside the kc 5 yard line and unable to score a freaking td!!

2daBank

Shit the niners moving the ball at will but everytime they get into the red zone they have to settle for 3!

First ... 2345678 ... Last