fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

the two sports (1 team, 1 individual) hands-down the most frustrating/exhilarating (depending on your side) of all are baseball and tennis...why?

why, because these games end NOT when a clock runs out...but when certain prescribed EVENTS are registered.

All the other sports...time will just run out...if you're leading, the clock is a teammate...if you're losing it's an opponent

But in baseball/tennis...you want to win the game...you got to execute to register the outs/runs/points required...

you got RISP...you gotta execute to bring'em in...
    you got a lead...you gotta get the other side out that 27th time
    in tennis...you got a match point...you gotta win it...

Executing that last seemingly-SMALL thing you need to do, to record the W, even from a dominant position...is the most psychologically-challenging thing in sport...because FEAR OF THE CHOKE is always right under the surface

playing out the clock is so UN-dramatic in comparison

baseball and tennis...clutch means clutch till you make the game end, always playing the opponent AND yourself (aka "the fear of the choke")

gotta make the win happen...can't get a lead and let the clock close it out for you
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-25-14 at 11:44 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Does Shark finally get it done in SF tomorrow?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Does Shark finally get it done in SF tomorrow?
    Man I dunno, I prob sound square as hell but I feel like it more likely he has a poor outing vs a really hot hitting sf club, maybe he gets a little support but he not as good as those numbers (who is) and lets face it without trying to discredit how well he pitching he has seen some lineups at times they were slumping or little beat up..just dont feel like the starting pitching adv is big enough to outweigh sf superiority in every other area at thaf price..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Lean Miami, Texas, possibly Cubs for the afternoon slate.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

0-6, -12.19U today
    146-137, +25.54U thread

So we follow up a perfect day yesterday that wound up being +12.8U by giving almost all of it back today. Un-fvcking-believable.

If anyone ever asks what kind of rollercoaster ride baseball can be, look at my picks from Saturday vs. Sunday.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

You are doing pretty good coiner, keep it up.

JBC33
    JBC33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Hang in there coiner, you are doing one helluva job so far sir! Take San Fran!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    You are doing pretty good coiner, keep it up.
    Thanks. Didn't think it was possible to go from 8-0 to 0-6 in 24 hours and basically end up right where I started Saturday morning, but I pulled it off.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JBC33 View Post
    Hang in there coiner, you are doing one helluva job so far sir! Take San Fran!!
    Thanks. At that line, it's Cubs or pass for me.

2daBank

Man I didnt realize your day was that bad, sorry bro. Been livin in my own little world, actually ended up more today than yesterday. Good weekend despite those last 2 totals going down..

2daBank

Thanks. At that line, it's Cubs or pass for me.
    I feel like that line every bit as short as tex line honestly.feels like square city on both those 2 to me..

JBC33
    JBC33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I feel like that line every bit as short as tex line honestly.feels like square city on both those 2 to me..
    Are you saying cubs would be a sharp play?
    I can't honestly back the cubs for a full game, it'd have to be cubs FF, even then it's hard to say cubs would even score for samardzija, I've watched every game samardzija has pitched this season & the Cubs bullpen is just horrendous, & I expect this Giants line up will be amped up tomorrow Infront of a sellout crowd. I'll prolly go small on SF or lay off totally, GL

Pauulzcappin

wow. card tomorrow looks really good at first glance. best card i have seen in weeks.

2daBank

Man I dunno, I prob sound square as hell but I feel like it more likely he has a poor outing vs a really hot hitting sf club, maybe he gets a little support but he not as good as those numbers (who is) and lets face it without trying to discredit how well he pitching he has seen some lineups at times they were slumping or little beat up..just dont feel like the starting pitching adv is big enough to outweigh sf superiority in every other area at thaf price..
    QUOTE=JBC33;21924129]Are you saying cubs would be a sharp play?
    I can't honestly back the cubs for a full game, it'd have to be cubs FF, even then it's hard to say cubs would even score for samardzija, I've watched every game samardzija has pitched this season & the Cubs bullpen is just horrendous, & I expect this Giants line up will be amped up tomorrow Infront of a sellout crowd. I'll prolly go small on SF or lay off totally, GL[/QUOTE]

Fukk no I aint saying that, u see my post before that bout gm? Go back and read, I meant what ppl consider the" square" side, and square city as I think they the right side..sf more so

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Fukk no I aint saying that, u see my post before that bout gm? Go back and read, I meant what ppl consider the" square" side, and square city as I think they the right side..sf more so
    No "square" or "sharp" -- just winners and losers.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Man I didnt realize your day was that bad, sorry bro. Been livin in my own little world, actually ended up more today than yesterday. Good weekend despite those last 2 totals going down..
    Meh -- it happens. Oh well.

Texas and SF lines rising this morning -- especially Giants, which can be expected given the conspicuously-low opening number. I'm just passing on those, but they both look fishy as hell to me.

2daBank

Meh -- it happens. Oh well.

Texas and SF lines rising this morning -- especially Giants, which can be expected given the conspicuously-low opening number. I'm just passing on those, but they both look fishy as hell to me.
    I got down on sf pretty hard before I went to sleep, If it loses oh well, prob will too, my track record when going bigger isnt nearly as good as my overall numbers. In fact I downright suck at this so scrubbies might be a good play after all, it goes up another 15 cents I might agree..

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Boston / Atlanta OVER 7 boys?

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Lean Texas, Cleveland, and possibly miami in the early games

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

CHW -112 (2.24U to win 2)
    TEX -110 (2.2U to win 2)
    TEX FF -110 (2.2U to win 2)
    MIA +126 (1U to win 1.26)
    Last edited by No coincidences; 05-26-14 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding Texas FF

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boston wins given how schizo Ervin Santana is, but they are unbettable right now.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Boston wins given how schizo Ervin Santana is, but they are unbettable right now.

Santana 11 ER last two starts. Just so damn hard to back Boston right now. Doesn't seem logical at all, which is why all of me thinks the Sox actually win today.

2daBank

I played tex rl, greedy..

Pauulzcappin

first of the day is an intriguing one. two pitchers that are performing like shit against two teams that apparently can't hit.

gonna follow my rule of not touching that shitty atlanta teams.

2daBank

Really wanna play balty but loshe a freaking quality start machine while tillman not so much, tillman all over the place but bal tends to win his road starts, total kinda says he gonna be solid I guess?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Really wanna play balty but loshe a freaking quality start machine while tillman not so much, tillman all over the place but bal tends to win his road starts, total kinda says he gonna be solid I guess?
    Agree. I almost pulled the trigger there as well. Brewers are regressing right on schedule.

2daBank

Agree. I almost pulled the trigger there as well. Brewers are regressing right on schedule.
    Good enough for me, ive always like it when ur leans are plays I like balty for me..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I am on Balty and Twins so far.

2daBank

Put cards in my round robin for the day, cant stomach the juice straight so maybe just being a homer but wacha too good on a solid team not to be getting wins, know very little bout yanks sp but obviously he not going deep into gms where I think wacha can go 7 strong and cards big boys in the pen got a much needed day off..

2daBank

Was trying to talk myself into sea but young a freaking regression waiting to happen, his stellar numbers at home came courtesy of kc, hou, and early vs oak, not exactly a murderers row of offense. This 3rd lefty in a row sea has seen and they have better numbers vs lefties (of coarse were shut down yesterday but I like kucheul better than skaggs), think sea can plate some runs so playing over..

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I like the Mets in the early game today NC. Good work thus far. Cheers!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    I like the Mets in the early game today NC. Good work thus far. Cheers!
    BOL as always JB!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Was trying to talk myself into sea but young a freaking regression waiting to happen, his stellar numbers at home came courtesy of kc, hou, and early vs oak, not exactly a murderers row of offense. This 3rd lefty in a row sea has seen and they have better numbers vs lefties (of coarse were shut down yesterday but I like kucheul better than skaggs), think sea can plate some runs so playing over..
    Not sure what Skaggs has done to get this kind of road respect.

2daBank

I dont see anything I really like in this 1st set, scared to fade bos any longer, over seems logical but suspiciously damn low..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Adding Nats and Pitt/Mets over.

Hate fading Miami. They've been a cash cow for me but we are getting too good of a price on them.

Want to play Atlanta BC the line looks like a no brainer but I don't trust them.

First ... 76777879808182 ... Last