iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by superbowl3056 View Post
    Agreed, I loved Matthews. Think we gotta find a way to get Latimer or Robinson now, unless the front office has some elaborate free agent receiver plans in their heads
    missed both.. broncos fan here and wondering why they took a WR?? Anyways, dont think theres much in FA in terms of WR so im not sure what your front office is doing.. I thought the browns had some serious potential next year until i heard gordon is going to be gone.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    missed both.. broncos fan here and wondering why they took a WR?? Anyways, dont think theres much in FA in terms of WR so im not sure what your front office is doing.. I thought the browns had some serious potential next year until i heard gordon is going to be gone.
    If you want the perfect metaphor for Browns fanship, look at the last two days. Team makes multiple moves in draft, makes splash with controversial selection that most of fanbase loves, receives accolades for their work, star WR/best player suspended for season as round two starts, team takes no WR with next two picks.

It's honestly better to get out of bed and punch yourself in the pills first thing in the morning than to be a Browns fan. At least then you know that the worst part of the day is over.

BiffTFinancial

Not sure if i'm playing anything today or not, but hard to ignore some nice spots. planned to cap the games anyway because i love it. here are some leans in case anyone is interested:
    LAA/TOR over 9'
    MIN/DET FF over (should be 4, bet it's juiced when it opens)
    Cards ML
    White Sox ML
    AZ/CWS under 8'
    Dbacks TT under
    Rangers ML
    BOS/TX under 9
    Red Sox TT under (should be 4')
    Marlins ML
    MIA/SD over 6'
    Royals ML
    KC/SEA over 6'

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Biff sir, how strong is your StL moneyline lean?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    Biff sir, how strong is your StL moneyline lean?
    i like it okay, but not one of my favorites relative to others. probably like Angels/Jays over, Twins/Tigers FF over, Red Sox/Rangers under and Royals -1 RL best.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i like it okay, but not one of my favorites relative to others. probably like Angels/Jays over, Twins/Tigers FF over, Red Sox/Rangers under and Royals -1 RL best.
    Hmmm, make that Royals FF ML. i think that's the angle there.

twoods23
    twoods23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

why twins/tigers over FF?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by twoods23 View Post
    why twins/tigers over FF?
    Day game at Tiger Stadium with breeze out to left field. Don't have numbers readily available, but FF overs for Tiger Stadium day games have been butter going back to the start of last season (GilMo on twitter has been detailing it for some time). Model loves it.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Day game at Tiger Stadium with breeze out to left field. Don't have numbers readily available, but FF overs for Tiger Stadium day games have been butter going back to the start of last season (GilMo on twitter has been detailing it for some time). Model loves it.
    Very astute.

twoods23

thanks Buddy

I was gun shy cause Det screwed me big time yesterday. Took them ML in all parlays

what do you think of LAD ml, I parlayed them with Det in a lot today

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by twoods23 View Post
    thanks Buddy

I was gun shy cause Det screwed me big time yesterday. Took them ML in all parlays

what do you think of LAD ml, I parlayed them with Det in a lot today
    Lean Dodgers but pretty much skipped over that game. I have something I have to do from 3 to 7 so i knew that i wouldn't be able to watch that game. Hard not to like Greinke today though, esp with Belt out for Gigantes.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    Very astute.
    Thanks!

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Thanks, Biff! I took the over FF and the Tigers -1' as a backup. Hopefully, I can get a push at least. Now if I can just get that Toronto over...

twoods23

Dam angel pitcher played game of his life

BiffTFinancial

Sunday 5.11.2014
    1* Rockies/Reds under 8' (-120)
    1* Nationals/A's under 7 (-105)

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Red Sox -1 RL (+114)

Sunday 5.11.2014 updated card
    1* Red Sox -1 RL (+114)

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Hmm...I feel like Texas is the play

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Giants/Dodgers under 6 (+112)

1* Red Sox -1 RL (+114)

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Hmm...I feel like Texas is the play
    Based upon the way that i've been running of late, you're almost definitely right! BOL whatever you decide.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Based upon the way that i've been running of late, you're almost definitely right! BOL whatever you decide.
    Keep your head UP bro, you'll be fine. Your approach is as solid as anyone's....results will follow

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Diamondbacks/White Sox over 9 (-110)

1* Diamondbacks/White Sox over 9 (-110)
    1* Red Sox -1 RL (+114)

BOL to all today.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Keep your head UP bro, you'll be fine. Your approach is as solid as anyone's....results will follow
    Roger that, thanks. Just gotta keep choppin wood...

BOL to you today.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Amazing work on the Rockies / Reds line....

It closed at O/U 7' -105 on 5 Dimes. You got it a full run higher ...

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Lol I've been struggling a bit myself

EVfollower
    EVfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Hi Biff,
    I look for cappers who in the long run are +EV. While you do make good plays and seem to do decent I think your major problem is you make WAY too many plays. "Finding value" on the amount of plays you make is nearly impossible, it can happen but its rare. You see that since opening month you've been on a gradual decline, not huge but its significant. Based on your stats I attribute this to making too many plays. I would narrow your plays down so the house edge you are trying to beat isn't as much. Variance is not on your side as you make all these plays day after day. Not trying to be an ass just giving you some feedback. If you want to make some extra money, consider putting half a unit on Bigpage's plays and Hardcoar (in the tennis section) plays. Hardcoar is up 300+ units and Bigpage is doing well as well. Never hurts to make extra money.

BiffTFinancial

Sunday 5.11.2014 final card
    1* Rockies/Reds under 8' (-120) - WINNER
    1* Diamondbacks/White Sox over 9 (-110) - LOSER
    1* Red Sox -1 RL (+114) - WINNER
    1* Nationals/A's under 7 (-105) - LOSER
    1* Giants/Dodgers under 6 (+112) - LOSER

2-3 -1.01u

BiffTFinancial

Week-by-Week
    Week One: 22-10-5 +14.22u
    Week Two: 22-13-1 +8.31u
    Week Three: 15-18 -3.18u
    Week Four: 3-7 -4.04u
    Week Five: 15-17-5 -1.95u
    Week Six: 5-18-3 -13.71u
    Season to date: 82-83-14 -0.35u

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Amazing work on the Rockies / Reds line....

It closed at O/U 7' -105 on 5 Dimes. You got it a full run higher ...
    Thanks!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by EVfollower View Post
    Hi Biff,
    I look for cappers who in the long run are +EV. While you do make good plays and seem to do decent I think your major problem is you make WAY too many plays. "Finding value" on the amount of plays you make is nearly impossible, it can happen but its rare. You see that since opening month you've been on a gradual decline, not huge but its significant. Based on your stats I attribute this to making too many plays. I would narrow your plays down so the house edge you are trying to beat isn't as much. Variance is not on your side as you make all these plays day after day. Not trying to be an ass just giving you some feedback. If you want to make some extra money, consider putting half a unit on Bigpage's plays and Hardcoar (in the tennis section) plays. Hardcoar is up 300+ units and Bigpage is doing well as well. Never hurts to make extra money.
    Thank you very much for your thoughts. I appreciate your taking the time to share them and appreciate them in the spirit which they are intended (i.e., don't think that you're trying to be an ass at all). Truth be told, since May 1st, the only edge for me is making no plays at all. While the last two weeks of April weren't good, i simply gave back what I was up from Week Two, so I still had my Week One profit. I'm on like a 10-30 run right now since May 1st.

In response to your shrewd constructive criticism, I have a question: How do I narrow down my plays properly? My model shows relative value of plays, but it also yields a lot of potential plays. I'm narrowing it down as it is to keep things to 4-6 plays per card. For example, the model liked Rockies/Reds under as much as Dbacks/White Sox over. One was a very good play, one was a bad play. How do I decide? This is an essentially rhetorical and borderline existential question. I've been wrestling with it on a regular basis, so I don't expect you to be able to answer it properly for me, but i ask it to illustrate my present conundrum. If i could answer it, i'd be a lot better at this.

Oh well. Onward and upward.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 05-12-14 at 07:58 AM.
    Points Awarded:

alamo gave BiffTFinancial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

No coincidences gave BiffTFinancial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bullywully gave BiffTFinancial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: No coincidences

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I appreciate your taking the time to share them and appreciate them in the spirit which they are intended (i.e., don't think that you're trying to be an ass at all). Truth be told, since May 1st, the only edge for me is making no plays at all. While the last two weeks of April weren't good, i simply gave back what I was up from Week Two, so I still had my Week One profit. I'm on like a 10-30 run right now since May 1st.

In response to your shrewd constructive criticism, I have a question: How do I narrow down my plays properly? My model shows relative value of plays, but it also yields a lot of potential plays. I'm narrowing it down as it is to keep things to 4-6 plays per card. For example, the model liked Rockies/Reds under as much as Dbacks/White Sox over. One was a very good play, one was a bad play. How do I decide? This is an essentially rhetorical and borderline existential question. I've been wrestling with it on a regular basis, so I don't expect you to be able to answer it properly for me, but i ask it to illustrate my present conundrum. If i could answer it, i'd be a lot better at this.

Excellent constructive answer to an oft asked question. Take a bow Biff. Only a matter of time before you start pushing out those "W"s again.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This is an outstanding post, both in the question about narrowing down plays and finding the discipline to do so. You've already determined when/if there are times to take breaks, which is a good start. But if you can decide how to isolate your plays in a more efficient manner, let me know your secret I am the same way -- my system sees value that is often there on paper, but the results are mixed (as is typically the case with gambling, because we're betting on humans, not machines). So do we just keep grinding away at a higher volume, or attempt to "narrow" each day's card, even if there is no concrete way to do so?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

It's all one big session

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

BiffTFinancial

Monday leans

Mets and under 8' (probably like Mets FF ML +132 best)
    Tigers ML
    Angels and under 9
    Rangers and under 9 (probably like Rangers -1 RL +100 best; roof closed)
    Cubs and under 7' (Cubs FF ML +132 looks like best option there)
    Nats and over 8 (Nats -1 RL +111 or over - roof open)
    CWS/A's over 7'
    Marlins and over 7
    Braves and under 7

and there you have my problem - time to narrow it down

blackjack13
    blackjack13's Avatar Become A Pro!

CWS/A's Over

First ... 43444546474849 ... Last