Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by nmodi View Post
    LTA,

Need advice..Do I hedge on Texas ...I have 750 to win 500 on Texas series win
    Sorry bud...I've had a crazy day at work and just getting to the thread now. I really like Texas tonight, so not sure what you want me to say. I think Texas win. With that said, it's never a bad idea to guarantee yourself some profit...your're call. Either way, go Rangers!

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    Hey guys, had redbirds +145 for the series, so i took rangers +135 and will just take a sure small profit and call it a night. Just wanted to say thanks to you LTA for a great season and for all the time u take to teach. U are a true asset. And to the rest of the gang, red, triv, and the rest, best of luck! See u guys around in football and college hoops i hope!
    Good luck Donnie...thanks for your contribution.

And don't forget about NBA, my most profitable market. Based on everything I have been reading, we will have a season! And, I suspect they settle pretty soon. The latest round of posturing by the owners is just to get union leadership pressured by its membership into folding. The owners will win and get what they want...the players will cave. We will have NBA games by early December...I am pretty confident. That is great news. I am very excited to get into the daily grind of NBA.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Been a great season LTA, profitable regular season and playoffs. In a parallel universe I think you probably won twice the units (bad beats outweighed the breaks), but we'll get them next year. Thanks for all the work you put into it bro, like I have said before you are the James Brown of SBR, hardest workin' man!

Being as that I am up considerably this season gonna go a little out of the norm on my bets tonight and am hitching my wagon that Texas gets over 3.5 runs. Going Texas ML Texas over 3.5 and game over 7.5. Also doing small parlays of Texas over 3.5 with Texas wins by 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7+. What the hell, gonna have some fun with it on the last night and not wagering enough that it would put a dent in this season's winnings.

GL to all the thread members, hopefully the core of good guys in here continue to contribute as we go forward .

Play Ball! Hope we have a classic tonight!
    Thanks Red...your words are very humbling. Your contribution to this thread has been immeasurable and I thank you for all of your baseball knowledge and willingness to share. You're positivity is a beacon in the black sea of negativity on SBR and for that I really say thanks for sticking through the peaks and valleys with me. In the end, we were long terms winners throughout the season and playoffs and that's what will really counts. I will always remember this as the year of the bad beat, but that shit happens over 1,200 plays. Let's just hope we get the last laugh and cash this Texas ML play. Good luck on your other other plays...the over is the right side in this one but I'm sticking with Texas for 2x. You're the man...I'll see you in NCAAF, NFL and very soon, NBA!!!

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

For those of you who are watching the game, the music teacher who won the $1million perfect game contest, was a teacher at my high school here in hammond,LA. Unbelievable the research he put in. Reminded me of u guys!

Trivial
    Trivial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3472

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    Hey guys, had redbirds +145 for the series, so i took rangers +135 and will just take a sure small profit and call it a night. Just wanted to say thanks to you LTA for a great season and for all the time u take to teach. U are a true asset. And to the rest of the gang, red, triv, and the rest, best of luck! See u guys around in football and college hoops i hope!
    Thanks Donnie. Best of luck to you tonight. Will definitely see you around in football. That is for certain.

I have never bet on an NBA game in my life, but something tells me I will this year following LTA's threads, as I have nothing but respect for LTA. I have never met LTA, and I may never meet him (although, never say never, and I certainly hope to one day) - but he truly is an SBR gem, and I may blindly follow him in NBA, just out of sure trust for the work he does for all of us.

I hate basketball, although not as much as baseball, but with LTA on my side, what the hell.

Good luck tonight LTA - you deserve it.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Thanks Donnie. Best of luck to you tonight. Will definitely see you around in football. That is for certain.

I have never bet on an NBA game in my life, but something tells me I will this year following LTA's threads, as I have nothing but respect for LTA. I have never met LTA, and I may never meet him (although, never say never, and I certainly hope to one day) - but he truly is an SBR gem, and I may blindly follow him in NBA, just out of sure trust for the work he does for all of us.

I hate basketball, although not as much as baseball, but with LTA on my side, what the hell.

Good luck tonight LTA - you deserve it.
    Good luck Triv...NBA is great!

Love The Action

Congrats Cards backers....Cardinals are a

Love The Action

Wow..unreal...horrible choke performance by the Rangers pitching staff. Pretty pathetic.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey 2 more WS appearances like this and we can call Texas the Bills. It's funny when Texas was up 2 it felt like they were up 1 when STL is up 1 it feels like they are up 3...well now they're up 3 so Game Over it feels like.

Trivial

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Good luck Triv...NBA is great!
    Thanks. I hope to learn. The funny thing is - I work like a 5 minute walk from where the Toronto Raptors play, and Toronto Maple Leafs play.

I love hockey, but can't stand the juice betting on it usually. So I guess I will go to more Raptors games this year, especially if I'm betting (for, or against the Raptors).

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Still time LTA. Cards came back last night from 3 down with 2 to play, no reason why the Gers can't do it tonight

Trivial

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Hey 2 more WS appearances like this and we can call Texas the Bills. It's funny when Texas was up 2 it felt like they were up 1 when STL is up 1 it feels like they are up 3...well now they're up 3 so Game Over it feels like.
    Getting there.. Must be 4 consecutive years. I know. I watched each of those Superbowls in the 90's.

Sigh.

I go to about 3 Bills game a year. This week - the Bills are physically playing in Toronto, Canada (same place as where the Blue Jays play baseball).

Trivial

Congrats Cards backers....Cardinals are a
    Don't lose hope my friend. I've won quite a few bets in my day even after I lost hope.

I'm routing for you and your backers.

Love The Action

Exactly...I don't like the Rangers body language. They look defeated both in and out of the clubhouse. Come on, the Cards scored 2 runs without ANY hits. Pathetic pitching...and Ron Washington needs to go if they are ever going to win this thing.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Still time LTA. Cards came back last night from 3 down with 2 to play, no reason why the Gers can't do it tonight
    Anything's possible...and I'm always a positive guy. But I'm also a realist. Things aren't going Texas' way and they seem to be sulking about it.

Believe me, I'm hoping like hell they pull it out. As soon as the game started, the wager I had at -110 switched to +130 because of the pitching change. So now one of my units are at +140 and the other at +130. I will make out like a bandit if they win so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck Alamo

ManBearPig

Exactly...I don't like the Rangers body language. They look defeated both in and out of the clubhouse. Come on, the Cards scored 2 runs without ANY hits. Pathetic pitching...and Ron Washington needs to go if they are ever going to win this thing.
    Texas blew it last night and they know it. I've come to peace with my Tex series bet and moved on...I've lost enough on this series the last couple days so I'm over it. At this point it would take a pretty epic turnaround to win this for Texas.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Don't lose hope my friend. I've won quite a few bets in my day even after I lost hope.

I'm routing for you and your backers.
    Thanks...I was actually going for the reverse jinx. I generally don't pull that lame crap, but I'll resort to anything at this point. I need this one.

Love The Action

Texas blew it last night and they know it. I've come to peace with my Tex series bet and moved on...I've lost enough on this series the last couple days so I'm over it. At this point it would take a pretty epic turnaround to win this for Texas.
    Agreed...but I'm going to pray. I've lost so many games in the last couple innings that looked like sure winners this season that I've lost count. In the entire season, I have not won one ML play in the last at bat. What a great time to pull one out tonight. I really want to end a great season on a positive note.

GL

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Wow, been trying to log in for like an hour . Internet sucks down here at times. That was some pretty weak shit from the Rangers pitching staff.....things not going as planned here, but not ready to throw the towel in just yet.

As per Washington....I agree he is a bad in game manager, but I do think he gets his team to play for him...end of the day in the AL that counts for 90 % of success. Get your team ready to play each day and let your talent win out. Ask Joe Torre......funny enough, his most successful years with the Yanks was when they did the little things and didn't sit back waiting for the 3 run HR.

GL all, catch ya tomorrow

alamo

Carpenter has been pulled guys. Thats great news for us. Remember ONE swing of the bat and we can take the lead. Ive got a feeling theres still a sting the tail for the Texans.

ManBearPig

Well if STL can come back from down 2 with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th I suppose there's always hope...just won't hold my breath. The good news is I won't have to look for a reason to start drinking now.

Trivial

Thanks...I was actually going for the reverse jinx. I generally don't pull that lame crap, but I'll resort to anything at this point. I need this one.
    I hear you. Sort of what happened to that a hole last night with his lock. LOL. It might just work.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Well, that's the end of that. Nice season all, see you in the football sections and hoops . Can't wait for next season already LTA, we're gonna clean up!

BigD Congrats man, what a ride!

Love The Action

Congrats big dan on the cards win!

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Well, that's the end of that. Nice season all, see you in the football sections and hoops . Can't wait for next season already LTA, we're gonna clean up!

BigD Congrats man, what a ride!

Love The Action

MLB Final Record for Regular Season 2011

418 - 378 = +38.03x

MLB Final Record for 2011 Playoffs

18 - 13 = +5.182

Tough last two days of the season, but a great season overall making enough money to pay for a full year of daycare for the baby and a 10 day luxurious vacation to pretty much anywhere in the world my wife and I want to go.

Lets just say my wife is happy with my final profit numbers and that is all that matters.

Thanks for a great season!

Time to concentrate on NBA, NFL, NCAAF and some spot plays in NHL and CBB. Can't wait till next years MLB already.

This will be our thread for every badeball season that I am on SBR, so check back in around spring training or hot stove news.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Love The Action; 10-29-11 at 07:48 AM.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

LTA, want to say congrats on a great season and thanks a lot for sharing your time and knowledge. this was my first year capping MLB, and i learned a ton from your thread. BOL the rest of the fall on football. i will have a CBB thread in due course, so feel free to stop by them even if it's not one of your major sports.

also, the regulars in this thread should be commended. zero drama and solid discussion.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Tough last two days of the season, but a great season overall making enough money to pay for a full year of daycare for the baby and a 10 day luxurious vacation to pretty much anywhere in the world my wife and I want to go.

Lets just say my wife is happy with my final profit numbers and that is all that matters.
    Now that's what it's all about.....congratulations. That is an inspiration to where a little diligence and money management will get you.

aunty jack
    aunty jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

While I'm handing out props, it would be remiss of me not to pay tribute to your work this season.

As a foreigner, my knowledge of baseball was pretty limited. I didn't know the difference between an ERA... the NRA... or the IRS. But reading this thread on a regular basis helped my understanding of the game. (I also learned about Breaking Bad!)

The contributions from Red and co. were also appreciated.

Enjoy the off season... pretty soon you'll be out in the backyard teaching the young 'un the finer points of curveballs, knuckleballs and sliders.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    LTA, want to say congrats on a great season and thanks a lot for sharing your time and knowledge. this was my first year capping MLB, and i learned a ton from your thread. BOL the rest of the fall on football. i will have a CBB thread in due course, so feel free to stop by them even if it's not one of your major sports.

also, the regulars in this thread should be commended. zero drama and solid discussion.
    Thanks Biff....looking forward to your CBB plays!

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by BennyFang View Post
    Now that's what it's all about.....congratulations. That is an inspiration to where a little diligence and money management will get you.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by aunty jack View Post
    While I'm handing out props, it would be remiss of me not to pay tribute to your work this season.

As a foreigner, my knowledge of baseball was pretty limited. I didn't know the difference between an ERA... the NRA... or the IRS. But reading this thread on a regular basis helped my understanding of the game. (I also learned about Breaking Bad!)

The contributions from Red and co. were also appreciated.

Enjoy the off season... pretty soon you'll be out in the backyard teaching the young 'un the finer points of curveballs, knuckleballs and sliders.
    Thank AJ

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

second this...this was by far one of the best season long threads i have ever seen in many years around this place..not only LTA but the many others who posted in here often..

Congrats LTA on the good season.....

Biff i cant wait for college hoops either brother...

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Congrats on a good season LTA You are a class guy and I always enjoyed reading your thread even after I gave up on baseball in August. I would still occasionally lurk to see how you and your crew were doing. Good luck with everything else. I hope these NBA overpaid fukks end there damn lock out. I need the NBA to come back to help boost some profitability. I had my best NBA season ever last year so was hoping to keep the momentum going.

Sidenote..... Congrat BigDan I am sure you are fukking pumped. I am still shocked at the Cards run for this last 2 months. Unbelievable

alamo

Well done LTA on a positive Baseball season. You didnt get all the breaks and had a lot of rough luck but ground it out and still managed to put a + in front of your figures.

First ... 143144145146147148149 ... Last