Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 5/2

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

What am I missing in the Bulls/Heat series?

The Heat have no perimeter defense. The Bulls are the best team in the league in Opp Fg%. Shaq has been essentially neutralized. In-fighting between Peyton and Wade.

IMO, the disparity between these two teams is more like a 4-5 matchup than a 2-7, and the Bulls have a legitimate chance to win the series (as I said going in).

But, they're catching 8.5 in Miami again? What do people see in Miami, because I see a random collection of players who aren't in sync with only one consistent offensive threat.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crap. Bases is the first forum now, isn't it? Can a mod move the above post?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey, WS, it's still a legitimate post, and I completely agree. GL with them, I may join you.

Illusion

I can't move an individual post, but I will copy and paste it for you.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, Cook is a great pitcher for the Rockies. He is pitching away from home (where he is doing well) with a team doing well away from home and is still an underdog. I'll take it! Lean on the Cardinals because Williams is not good (reminds me of the Williams or Williamson of the Cubs who I saw get shelled at Busch Stadium, but back on topic). Slight lean on White Sox, but not enough to pull the trigger especially at the chalk right now. Once again, I want the Red Sox to win. Even though Santana is pitching, I like the Mariners simply because the Twins can't score. The only exception was against the Royals. Enough said. The Padres have proved me wrong today. Its enough to erase my lean on the Under for their Team Total. I still lean on the under for the Team Total on the Pirates. Perhaps I will organize my thoughts and leans tomorrow.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

One comment: this card is giving me the wee-willies. I have a feeling 5/2 can be really, really profitable day or a real disaster. I am absolutely in love with the Yankees tomorrow and hope the Angels line comes down a bit because I love to play Lackey as a home favorite. And I think the Marlins, Rockies and Pirates are going to get a play from me as well.

Just random commentary.....

E

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

What's the book on Guzman for the Cubs? Anybody watch his last start?

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Sorry, OWNED. I did not see Guzman's first start. I perceive value in Duke on the road.

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    What's the book on Guzman for the Cubs? Anybody watch his last start?
    it wasn't the best of start owned.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by EBone
    Sorry, OWNED. I did not see Guzman's first start. I perceive value in Duke on the road.

E
    He has had very good success against the Cubs, but he has looked terrible (except for his start against the Cubs) all year. Location has been a major issue with him. FWIW, Reynolds will behind the plate tomorrow.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

pitt better get some batting practice in tomorrow agaist that kid. because, there gonna be facing Pedro Martinez on Wednesday.

moses millsap

Pirates 1-13 on the road This year's version of the Rockies?

Snell/Martinez will be close to -300 chalk

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4855

Snell/Martinez will be close to -300 chalk
    No value in that game at all. No way would I lay the 300 on Pedro, and no way will I take the comeback money either. Pittsburgh is just pitaful this year.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    No value in that game at all. No way would I lay the 300 on Pedro, and no way will I take the comeback money either. Pittsburgh is just pitaful this year.
    They will probably reel me in on the +2.5 at near even money.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    pitt better get some batting practice in tomorrow agaist that kid. because, there gonna be facing Pedro Martinez on Wednesday.
    That being said, the pirates might be worth a shot tomorrow.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

For the St. Louis (or potential Reds) backers....No Pujols, Rolen, or Edmonds in the lineup today

moses millsap

Is the rain supposed to get serious in Cleveland?

moses millsap

5th inning of Cleveland/Chicago tells us everything we need to know about these teams. The White Sox do all the little things to win and the Indians, well, do all the little things to lose games.

Razz

5th inning of Cleveland/Chicago tells us everything we need to know about these teams. The White Sox do all the little things to win and the Indians, well, do all the little things to lose games.
    What happened? I just turned it on, and Indians are up by 4.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    What happened? I just turned it on, and Indians are up by 4.
    Well, they came back and put a few more on the board. It was a ground ball to Perez at 1B, but Peralta didn't move at all to 2nd and CC didn't get off the mound, so when Perez threw it to 2B, the runner beat Peralta to the bag, which left the bases juiced, but they got out of it.

Basically poor defense by Cleveland and vintage White Sox taking advantage of any break they get.

Razz

Tough loss for over backers - White Sox 11 hits, 1 run.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

After I saw the lineups for the White Sox and the Cardinals, I had a gut feeling that both teams would lose. It looks like it could be the first losing day in over a week for me. Pujols, Edmonds, and Rolen were out of the lineup today.