pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Wings vs Coyotes 3/5

The Wings look to snap a two game losing streak while the Coyotes attempt to break their current 5 game win less drought. Both of these teams have had tough schedules of late, playing games almost every other day. This is the last game on Detroit's road trip. Phoenix has been playing hot/cold hockey of late, as they won 8 straight before losing 5 in a row.

This is the time of the year when a lot of teams in the 7-10 spots start to make some big upsets. The reason that I feel the Wings will not overlook the Coyotes is because of their veteran players, as well as the fact that they have the Kings waiting for them when they go home. The 7-4 win that the Wings got at the expense of LA should be fresh in the Kings mind, and I don't think Detroit wants to go into that game on a 3 game skid.

Although Detroit has earned a significant amount of points this season, they still have a substantial amount of work to do if they plan on staying in the top 1-2 seeds of the Western Conference. The Sharks are hot on their ass, and the Nucks are still 4 points away. I also feel that the President's trophy is actually something that the Wings aim to win on their quest to the ultimate goal, another cup ring. I don't expect Detroit to come out flat Saturday night.

Although the Wings have won 2/3 meetings between these two teams, they have out shot and out chanced the Coyotes in all 3 contests. I expect a similar performance from the Wings again tonight, maybe a 3-2 or 2-1 victory. What really keeps me from pounding this line too hard is Ilya Bryzgalov, the guy is a great goalie. One thing to note about him is that he has had 3 games this season with a .940-.999 save percentage (this does not include shutouts where he earned .1000%) and after those 3 games, 2 of them have been lackluster with him ending with <.890 save percentages. Hopefully the law of averages catches up with him against the Wings.

The turmoil that surrounds the Coyotes has been tough for the players to deal with, and the amount of fans that have been showing up for the games has been disappointing. I would not be surprised if the fans were 40%-60% in favor of the Coyotes, and they are the home team. They are talking about this team being moved to Winnipeg, would the fan base really be that upset?

I felt the line for this game should have been -135, as I cap games with the Home team having an automatic -120 to the visiting teams +100. I hope this writeup helps anyone if they were on the fence about this game, whether you decide to bet the Wings or mark it of as a "no-play". Please feel free to comment or disagree with me, I am always expecting people on the other side of every play

Last edited by pstaff1989; 03-05-11 at 01:39 AM.

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

NICE WRITE UP...BOL Im staying away...too many intangibles

pstaff1989

thanks. best of luck on whatever you end up playing

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

Quote Originally Posted by pstaff1989 View Post
    thanks. best of luck on whatever you end up playing
    U2...IF u want to make some money tomorrow, appropriate a small amount for this parlay (it is my 2 strong games tomorrow) under 5.5 in Pitt/Boston and under 5.5 Vancouver/LA ...U can split them for safer bet, WORST CASE SCENARIO, U PUSH!!!(win one/lose one, BUT NO WAY IN HELL BOTH LOSE HERE) i'm pretty confident here with these 2 games tonight...I broke my play into 3 bets:

1.under Boston/Pit $200(-145)
    2.under Vancouver/LA $200(-135)
    3. Parlay these 2^^^ lay $100 to collect $294

Tail me here m8..WE GOT A WINNER

Blueline Master
    Blueline Master's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

great writeups!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Thanks for the hockey writup on both totals xkgb

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30949

I want to pull the trigger on this game, but it's Detroit's 3rd game in 4 days. They gotta have tired legs.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6664

Coyotes for me.

pstaff1989

The line is now approaching -130 for Detroit

It should close around -135, which is what I thought it should have opened at

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

wings get 3....at the least.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10514

wow what a game and finish

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

That was one of the sickest beats I've seen in awhile You don't see elite teams like the Wings blow 3 goal leads very often. That's the tough part about betting against playoff bubble teams they play their hearts out and it's tough to stay motivated when you have your spot wrapped up already.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3266

DennisGreen, exactly, and I am not saying they won't turn it on in the playoffs, but Detroit is inconsistent now and in terms of the regular season, not elite. Chicago playing some sick hockey now, I am parlaying Blackhawks and the over until further notice. Not a bad idea to do the same on the wings, depending on the spot, would have been my call tonight, but they have burned me recently so stayed off it. Speaking of which, someone just going with the Devils and the under palray night after night would be feeling pretty darm good about themselvels right now.(kicks self in pants)

pstaff1989

Too drunk to care, will hate life tomorrow

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    DennisGreen, exactly, and I am not saying they won't turn it on in the playoffs, but Detroit is inconsistent now and in terms of the regular season, not elite. Chicago playing some sick hockey now, I am parlaying Blackhawks and the over until further notice. Not a bad idea to do the same on the wings, depending on the spot, would have been my call tonight, but they have burned me recently so stayed off it. Speaking of which, someone just going with the Devils and the under palray night after night would be feeling pretty darm good about themselvels right now.(kicks self in pants)
    Hawks have scored 3+ goals in 10 straight games now Team is peaking at just the right time. As a Canucks fan I'm hoping they hold on to the #4 spot so there's no way we play them until at least the conference finals

The booze will take away the pain.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Whats worse the pain or the hangover?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by xkgb View Post
    U2...IF u want to make some money tomorrow, appropriate a small amount for this parlay (it is my 2 strong games tomorrow) under 5.5 in Pitt/Boston and under 5.5 Vancouver/LA ...U can split them for safer bet, WORST CASE SCENARIO, U PUSH!!!(win one/lose one, BUT NO WAY IN HELL BOTH LOSE HERE) i'm pretty confident here with these 2 games tonight...I broke my play into 3 bets: 1.under Boston/Pit $200(-145) 2.under Vancouver/LA $200(-135) 3. Parlay these 2^^^ lay $100 to collect $294 Tail me here m8..WE GOT A WINNER
    good capping

pstaff1989

Watched the highlights, really amazing that Detroit found a way to lose that game. Also, two posts in the shootout, tough break.

Bryzgalov followed a great game with a soft one, and the fans were heavily favored for the Wings. Some things you can cap, your defenesman passing the puck to the other team for an open net goal is something you can not. Better luck next time..