Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Beer Review 6 (Video)

Founders Porter SOLID 9

Onyx black in color, slight head. Smell is big on chocolate and roasted malts. Hint of licorice. Taste is of dark chocolate and coffee tones. Heavy body, but smooth and creamy in texture. If you are a porter fan this is the cream of the crop.

Dark Horse Perkulator Coffee Doppelbock 7.5

Appearance is a dark brown copper color with nice lacing and about a 1 inch head. Smells of raisin and brown sugar. Big on coffee. Taste is slightly bitter but of sweet coffee and dark fruits and malts. Medium body, with light to medium carbonation. Not your average doppelbock, worth a try.

Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier 7

Hazy yellow/light brown in color. Aroma is spicy with berries right up front. Taste is well balanced with blackberries that dissipate quickly. Medium body but carbonated. Crisp and light flavor, a bit too sweet.

Great Divide Fresh Hop Ale 8

Golden Amber in color with small head and good lacing. Smell is of hops with a bitter aroma. Medium body with warm alcohol throughout. Citrus and pepper are dominant. Good drinkability. Very balanced for a pale ale and a nice session beer.

Song: Otherworldly Dreamer by Dax Riggs

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5011

"The perfect bobbyfk beer"

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85472

Nice job, well done. I have had the Great Divide Fresh Hop Ale, I thought your analysis of that beer was very accurate.

jwatters
    jwatters's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good review of some great beers

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

I am a blue moon fan

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12361

great review as always, if you're not a fan of pale ale and gave fresh hop an 8 i am definitely picking myself up some of that.

i have a question, as a critic of beer, how do you cleanse the pallette?? I mean, you just don't go from beer to beer without relieving flavor of the previous beer critqued.

so what do you use/do to cleanse the pallette??

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I should send u some beer from here in Canada. You havent lived til youve had some Molson 50.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

I was always tempted to try this witbier.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by dngf View Post
    Nice job, well done. I have had the Great Divide Fresh Hop Ale, I thought your analysis of that beer was very accurate.
    Thanks, I was very surprised by how much I liked that one. Gonna give a few more Fresh Hop Pale Ales a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatters View Post
    Good review of some great beers

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    I am a blue moon fan
    Try a Franziskaner Hefe Weisse

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    great review as always, if you're not a fan of pale ale and gave fresh hop an 8 i am definitely picking myself up some of that.

i have a question, as a critic of beer, how do you cleanse the pallette?? I mean, you just don't go from beer to beer without relieving flavor of the previous beer critqued.

so what do you use/do to cleanse the pallette??
    I usually have some unsalted crackers around and just some regular water. I could put that in the review but honestly I am not sure people want to see me eating crackers every 2 minutes!

T100
    cappersmall reject
    T100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2180

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    I should send u some beer from here in Canada. You havent lived til youve had some Molson 50.

Been awhile since I was in Ontario but `MOLSONS` 50 ???? What happened to Labatts 50?