keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

NHL Beat The Streak's January Contest.

Contest is simple. Here are the rules:

1. Pick one player who you think will get at least one point in a NHL regulation game.
    2. Get a point, your streak continues; if the chosen player gets no points, your streak ends.
    3. Have the highest point streak at the end of the month and you win the prize pool (subject to administration fee).

You may select multiple players in a single day, as long as the time the players' games take place are not the same. Below is an example of 5 submissions at once. Submissions should be as close to the following format as possible:
    Jordan Staal, PIT, 1:00PM
    Jarome Iginla, CGY, 7:00PM
    Brad Richards, DAL, 8:00PM
    Anze Kopitar, LA, 10:00PM
    Patrick Marleau, SJ, 10:30PM
    Games will be rewarded in the order the games are played, regardless of overlap of time.

To join simply send 5 point to keyboarding whenever you start a streak. If your streak ends you may start a new streak by sending 5 more points. All new streaks start the next day. If your streak ends and you have players submitted for games later that same day, those games will not count towards a new streak.

Must be a legal resident of SBR & of legal age of majority in jurisdiction of residence. Ends following conclusion of final game of January 2011. The Beat the Streak Prize ("Prize") is subject to 1 point for every submission as an administration fee for keyboarding. In winning streak results in tie, Prize will be awarded evenly to all winners.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

No interest?

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am just a little confused. let's say its the first day and I give 5 points, my players are

crosby
    malkin
    stall point
    kunitz point
    kennedy point

let's say 3 of those 5 guys get a point.

would that mean that on day 2 I would submit a new card with the 3 guys who got points still being listed? my new card would look like

stall
    kennedy
    kunitz
    ovechkin
    backstrum

this card would also come with a 2 point donation for the new addition of ovechkin and backstrum? Could I also just stick with the 3 players on the first card and not add any more names?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by pstaff1989 View Post
    I am just a little confused. let's say its the first day and I give 5 points, my players are

crosby
    malkin
    stall point
    kunitz point
    kennedy point

let's say 3 of those 5 guys get a point.

would that mean that on day 2 I would submit a new card with the 3 guys who got points still being listed? my new card would look like

stall
    kennedy
    kunitz
    ovechkin
    backstrum

this card would also come with a 2 point donation for the new addition of ovechkin and backstrum? Could I also just stick with the 3 players on the first card and not add any more names?
    You can only pick one player from each NHL game at each time slot. This is to avoid any complications with overlap. So if you picked Staal and he got a point, your streak would be at 1, but you cannot add anyone else from PIT or BOS. You can add anyone else from another other game, as long as the games do not overlap (so only one game at 7:00PM EST would count). This is to avoid controversy of people saying their streak extended when some players got points in one game while other players didn't at the same time.

pstaff1989
    pstaff1989's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay so you pick 1 player at a time, I see what you are saying. Sounds good, let's get some people in on this

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Yeah, it'll be more fun than I think I made it sound.