bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another pro finds first World Series of Poker win

23rd June, 2008

David Benyamine, poker professional, won his first Bracelet at the World Series of Poker in Event 37, the $10,000 buy-in Omaha High Low Split tournament.

Benyamine, who is originally from Paris, France, defeated a field of 235 of the best poker players from around the world and took home $535,687 for his efforts.

“I’ve never really felt that I’ve had anything to prove,” Benyamine said. “I play poker because I like it, and I will keep on doing it the same way.”

Benyamine is mostly known for his dominance in cash-game poker, and has had a tough time in the tournaments he has played. He said that he feels anything can happen for him because he’s never been all that consistent.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Benyamine is one of my favorite guys to watch on the TV. He seems like he'd be a decent guy to hang around with.

He must not have played many WSOP events for this to be his first bracelet. Despite what the article says, he's a decent enough tournament player.

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I find it good when the pros that deserve it finally win one. Its kind of irratating when u see a complete amature come and win 1 then go off to never be heard of again.