AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does this happen to anyone else?

When Im playing in tournies...towards the end I start getting ansy/tired...I dont know what it is but then I start playing bad hands, making wrong calls ect...this doesnt happen in cash because I can simply take my money off the table and go take a break...but the 5 mins you get in tournies doesnt do a whole lot for me...

Any suggestions on how to curb this?

And please dont say drink a red bull...it just makes me ultra hyper which also makes me play horrible..

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

to be honest.... if im getting bad hands ill just get up and walk away for 5 mins, even if its not during a break... who cares.... so u lose some bb or sb or a ante if there are any. but doing this works sometimes

Bullajami
    Bullajami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Yes, it happens to me at about the 5 hour point in tournaments. I get so sick of playing poker that I start to play poorly. My solution was to stop playing tournaments that might last longer than 5 hours. This, of course, eliminates all of the really huge payoff tournaments from my repetoire, but so be it. If I can't hang past the 5 hour mark, I am never going to win one anyway.

Good Luck!