bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UltimateBet Cheating scandal?

I was just reading that UltimateBet is the latest poker room that is being accused of cheating it's players.

Whats the scoop fellas?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's on the same network as Absolute, so I think it's the same scandal.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Unless they're talking about the newest rake and bonus structure change. They keep stealing more and more money off the tables. The game isn't even playable there anymore. The fish are gone, nothing left but rocks.

beetman
    beetman's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a hideous jackpot drop in most of the low limit and smaller buy-in NL (I think 2-4 blind and below) games. I've seen $5 pots in .25/.50 games where someone folded to a bet on the flop get 25 cents taken in rake and 50 cents taken for the drop.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is common knowledge that their high stakes, short handed tables are often compromised. Plenty guys running teams. There have also been bots exposed at the ultra high stakes level at the heads up tables.

This is the reality of online poker, especially at places that offer nosebleed stakes, people are going to find a way to cheat the system. I'd say Poker Stars is the most secure and proactive in this regard, they are refunding people who have been the victims of collusion all the time, and they actively go after violators. Ultimate Bet is soft as hell.