I still hate Hossa

fukk that guy

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

...jealous....

he is a WINNER !!

lak420187
    lak420187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hossa is awesome. Third times the charm.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hail to the Champs ...BLACKHAWKS!!!

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Get a life.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

You hate him because he took a pay cut to play for the inevitable Stanley Cup champs? The guy is an uncompromising winner who goes where the glory is not the money.

Doon88
    Doon88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

i agree hosa is an idiot...............

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Congratulations to the Blackhawks and the city of Chicago!
    Should be a fun few days. Too bad you have the Cubs to wreck the rest of your summer. ha.

Go Phils!

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Ive never seen a guy have such puck control around the boards. The guy can have 2 guys on him and still keep possession of the puck. Im happy for him, hes a true hockey player who just wants to win.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Hossa should go for the money now.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19708

It was fitting to see Hossa get the Cup exchange from Johnathan Toews.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love hossa... should have been mvp imo.

ECSdesign
    ECSdesign's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damnit, now I'm going to have to listen to a bunch of bandwagon fans talk about how great the Blackhawks are when they know nothing about hockey.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Quote Originally Posted by ECSdesign View Post
    Damnit, now I'm going to have to listen to a bunch of bandwagon fans talk about how great the Blackhawks are when they know nothing about hockey.
    And what's wrong with bandwagon fans? Every sport has em.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

he is a fukkin douche. funny you failed to mention he took a pay cut to lose in the Stanley Cup Finals with the Wings last year.

less money?!?!!?

only 10 guys in the NHL made more than his 7.9 Million this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still one of the best 2 way players in the game, but a fukkin douche nonetheless

OTL

LOL, how could he know Detroit would lose? Like you or anyone else thought Pittsburgh stood a chance. And at the end of the year with all the players they lost and Osgood's steep decline it was clear that the Wings were finished as a hockey power.

His contract is front-loaded also. He's only going to make 3.5 million for the last 4 years of it. Smart move on Stan Bow's part to take the biggest hit this season when it didn't hurt them.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Hossa always manages to get to the finals.

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    You hate him because he took a pay cut to play for the inevitable Stanley Cup champs? The guy is an uncompromising winner who goes where the glory is not the money.
    This is funny. You can like the guy because he's on your team, or because he's a good player. You can't like him for not taking the money! As a 30 year old hockey player he signed a 12 year contract! 12 years!

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    This is funny. You can like the guy because he's on your team, or because he's a good player. You can't like him for not taking the money! As a 30 year old hockey player he signed a 12 year contract! 12 years!
    You know his contract averages out to just 5.1 million a season, right? He had offers from other teams in the 7+ million dollar range that he declined. There isn't another player of Hossa's caliber in the prime of their career that's willing to accept so little.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hossa really brought it in these playoffs.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't stand the prick either. But he's a damn good player, can't deny that.

Chucker
    Chucker's Avatar Become A Pro!

That guy is an absolute force when he wants to be. Sometimes he just doesn't seem to want to be, though. He was pretty motivated through these playoffs even without many goals.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

You know his contract averages out to just 5.1 million a season, right? He had offers from other teams in the 7+ million dollar range that he declined. There isn't another player of Hossa's caliber in the prime of their career that's willing to accept so little.
    what in the fukk are you talkin about? 7.9 million this year. his final 2 years are for $750,000.00, when he is in his 40s. does anyone in the Chicago organization, in the city of Chicago, on the Blackhawks team or even Hossa himself that thinks he will still be there in 5 or 6 years, let alone 10 or 11? he is one of the highest paid players in the league, fact, which he will be until he quits. do you seriously believe his saintliness will have him playing there at age 42 for less than a million/year. he got a huge contract and no way will he be there 5 years from. and if he is it will be time to "re-negotiate"....

again i state that he is one of the best two way players in the NHL, but still a prick.

just please refrain from defending him based on his willingness to sign for less, because he didn't.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

He's going to be playing 5.1 million dollar hockey at 42 years old......?

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Everyone thinks the blackhawks are going to be great every year from now on with all the young talent they have. Hawks have some serious cap problems, even more so now with Toews 1.5 mil bonus for winning the Conn Smythe. This team is going to have to get blown up for cap reasons and a lot of depth holes are going to need to be filled with ahl minimum wage talent.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    what in the fukk are you talkin about? 7.9 million this year. his final 2 years are for $750,000.00, when he is in his 40s.
    No, it's the final 4 years of the contract that pay out 750,000 per. His salary averages out to 5.1 million per season over the course of the 12 year contract. Do you honestly think the Hawks are going to keep him around past his prime anyway? This scaling salary just gives the organization the flexibility to lock him up as long as they want and allows them to either move him down the depth chart for an insignificant cap hit or trade him with ease once his play starts to decline. But this seems to be beyond your level of comprehention, so this will be my last post of the thread as I don't like repeating myself.

Metalhead

No, it's the final 4 years of the contract that pay out 750,000 per. His salary averages out to 5.1 million per season over the course of the 12 year contract. Do you honestly think the Hawks are going to keep him around past his prime anyway? This scaling salary just gives the organization the flexibility to lock him up as long as they want and allows them to either move him down the depth chart for an insignificant cap hit or trade him with ease once his play starts to decline. But this seems to be beyond your level of comprehention, so this will be my last post of the thread as I don't like repeating myself.
    I think you're arguing with people because you don't fully understand how the cap in the NHL works. They can't move him down the depth chart for an insignificant cap hit, because the cap hit is the same for the entire contract. His cap hit is actually 5.233 million, not 5.1 million. Lastly, if you don't believe that the Hawks will keep him past his prime, then you have no argument about him taking less money.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    I think you're arguing with people because you don't fully understand how the cap in the NHL works. They can't move him down the depth chart for an insignificant cap hit, because the cap hit is the same for the entire contract. His cap hit is actually 5.233 million, not 5.1 million. Lastly, if you don't believe that the Hawks will keep him past his prime, then you have no argument about him taking less money.
    Sorry, but I do fully understand how the salary cap works as well as the rules of the CBA. Scaling salaries and these 10+ year contracts are the popular way for teams to circumvent the salary cap as well as to avoid the CBA rule which dictates that RFA's receive a minimum of a 5% increase on any new contract.

Metalhead

Sorry, but I do fully understand how the salary cap works as well as the rules of the CBA. Scaling salaries and these 10+ year contracts are the popular way for teams to circumvent the salary cap as well as to avoid the CBA rule which dictates that RFA's receive a minimum of a 5% increase on any new contract.
    What does this have to do with what I said? What does it have to do with your previous post? This information has nothing to do with Hossa.

Gokhan
    Gokhan's Avatar Become A Pro!

man he got the cup he get the money and we argue for him for nothing. that sucks he should pay the winner of arguement