Originally posted on 02/16/2024:

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
Yeah it just sucks that I had been so disciplined building up a portfolio between 2016 and 2019 and then it only took a few times at some of the crypto books to get completely wrecked. I was betting ridiculous amounts but because it was in btc it didnt even feel like real money. I'm slowly building back now. Is tron even a thing any more? I remember going big on holochain (hot) at one point also.

Also wondering what your guys thoughts are on nitrogen. I played a few times over the last 6 months, they still seem to withdraw fast and now they take ltc and some other coins as a deposit method (converted to mbtc)
I know the feeling with betting in BTC doesn't seem the same. In the early years I converted wrong in my head at times. I really got lucky in 2013 when a started. The Betcoin dollar balance was different than the balance amount showed. If your balance was a 1000, it was really $10,000.

This is when I started. I made a deposit at Betcoin, made no plays, then went back to playing with Bookmaker and the other fiat books. A few weeks later I remembered that I had money a Betcoin. I went back and looked at my balance and just assumed that I converted wrong somewhere since I was just getting started.

I got lucky and went on a how streak and was betting 10x more than I thought. When I cashed out it was 10x what I thought I was getting. Took that money and really started taking a serious look at crypto. I thought BTC was a scam in 2012 even though someone was telling me about it and kept pushing it starting in 2010.

There are a ton of bad stories too such as lost wallets. Dumped a few coins that I had picked up on day 1 through airdrops all the way back starting in 2013. XRP is one of them. Had a ton through airdrops and purchases. I sold most and what I didn't sell lost the wallet.