Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13521

This Is Why The Bengals Lost

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

4 chances to put the game away and they couldn't do it. Stop blaming the refs - Bengals had every opportunity and they squandered it.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Pretty much. Burrow didn't do anything in this game.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

4 possessions to put the game out of reach and a net 24 yards. Rams D was nails in the second half.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Some horrible punting too

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4692

Burrow is young..... even a mid-tier QB could have led a drive down the field to get a FG and tie it. No big surprise.... this is the way the NFL (and the world) works. Experience counts. Burrow will be in the mix in the future. Another TD.. by anyone.... sure would have been nice to cash the over but such as life.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

End of thread

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    4 chances to put the game away and they couldn't do it. Stop blaming the refs - Bengals had every opportunity and they squandered it.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16943

Both teams played hard

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6391

I never even watch the game

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9677

4 possessions to put the game out of reach and a net 24 yards. Rams D was nails in the second half.
    So was Bengals. How many plays did they hold out that last Rams drive?

Took 4 flags to break them from right on the goal line.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

You have a good point but I'm thinking you meant 4th qtr.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2560

exactly

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    So was Bengals. How many plays did they hold out that last Rams drive?

Took 4 flags to break them from right on the goal line.
    And the zebras had been mostly quiet the entire game. That is until the end, as you mentioned

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Bengals just could not get the job done. Had multiple opportunities to put the game out of reach.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8460

The big play the Refs missed IMO was a Cincy TD!! Off. pass interference

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19741

Did you notice how Stafford stepped forward in the pocket and got a lot of his passes off.

Burrow got pressured a lot. To me, that is on coaching. Time after time. Where are the timing patterns / the zone busters?

When it is that hard to run inside you have to get them the ball with a chance around the edge somehow?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

The Boyd drop on 3rd down with about 6 minutes left hasnt been discussed much, but boy was that a killer. I know he was a yard short, but there is a good chance he pushes forward and picks that up. Then Rams are starting to burn timeouts, that was a killer drop from a guy who didnt drop one ball all year until then.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8460

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    The Boyd drop on 3rd down with about 6 minutes left hasnt been discussed much, but boy was that a killer. I know he was a yard short, but there is a good chance he pushes forward and picks that up. Then Rams are starting to burn timeouts, that was a killer drop from a guy who didnt drop one ball all year until then.
    He turned his head down field before the ball got there ! I dont know if it was SB pressure or just the one time you do it different than all the times before. He has probably got away with that a few times this year, and on the big one it dont come in clean!!

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Bengals just could not get the job done. Had multiple opportunities to put the game out of reach.
    I didn’t like their mindset, but they went conservative and leaned on their defense that was playing extremely well and a depleted Rams offense. I didn’t like the decision, but it made some sense…

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I wouldnt say they went conservative. They tried to get their air attack going, but Burrow got sacked about 5 or 6 times in the 2nd half. They were trying to extend, but their line just couldnt hold up.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    I didn’t like their mindset, but they went conservative and leaned on their defense that was playing extremely well and a depleted Rams offense. I didn’t like the decision, but it made some sense…
    Taylor is an odd coach. was very aggressive early, going for it at midfield. then he played not to lose when he had the lead

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I wouldnt say they went conservative. They tried to get their air attack going, but Burrow got sacked about 5 or 6 times in the 2nd half. They were trying to extend, but their line just couldnt hold up.
    You are not wrong. Not conservative in the only running the ball sense, but they seem to play better when they need to score in 2nd hand, and some of this is human nature. I think they thought the game was just going to be given to them, or just as bad, that they didn’t need to play boldly and in a one-step-ahead like fashion.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

My only question to this is why is it ok to say that those drives are the reason they could have won the game but not the penalties? I’m not arguing one way or another but I would say that professional sports are separated in wins or losses by a very small fraction. Most talent is separated by someone being able to run 2 tenths faster, have hands a few inches bigger or be just a little taller, every play has an impact and can change the whole dynamic of a game.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

The reason my bungles lost is because Mike Brown is still alive. He chose Jackson Carmen Fairfield h.s.Clemson university. Dude was getting beat by Colerain high school. Guy never progressed but hey he sold a few more season tickets. When we went to s bowl last time he bitched about sky rocketing salaries. I remember paying 8 dollars for tap water in the 80’s. Guy should be ran out of football. The only reason we got chase is because of burrows.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Then you have this dumbshit running onto the field in street clothes to celebrate an interception, costing his team 15 yards.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22051

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Then you have this dumbshit running onto the field in street clothes to celebrate an interception, costing his team 15 yards.

It was 10 yards, but yeah, what a clown. Did he plan that or just lose his mind? Did he not know it would be penalized?