Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1228

Father Files Lawsuit After Daughter's Hair Cut By Teacher ✂️

Father files $1M lawsuit after daughter's hair cut by Michigan teacher without permission

AMY HUSCHKA

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. — The father of a 7-year-old Michigan girl whose hair was cut by a teacher without her parents' permission has filed a $1 million lawsuit against the school district, a librarian and a teacher's assistant.

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in federal court in Grand Rapids against Mount Pleasant Public Schools, MLive.com reported. It alleges that the biracial girl's constitutional rights were violated, racial discrimination, ethnic intimidation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery.

Jimmy Hoffmeyer, who is Black and white, said that in March that his daughter arrived home from Ganiard Elementary with much of the hair on one side of her head cut. Jurnee said a classmate used scissors to cut her hair on a school bus, Hoffmeyer told The Associated Press in April.

Two days after the bus incident — and after complaining to the principal and having Jurnee's hair styled at a salon with an asymmetrical cut to make the differing lengths less obvious — Jurnee arrived home with the hair on the other side cut.

"I asked what happened and said 'I thought I told you no child should ever cut your hair,'" Hoffmeyer said at the time. "She said 'but dad, it was the teacher.' The teacher cut her hair to even it out."

Jurnee's mother is white. Hoffmeyer said the girl who cut Jurnee's hair and the teacher who cut it are white.

The district "failed to properly train, monitor, direct, discipline, and supervise their employees, and knew or should have known that the employees would engage in the complained-of behavior given the improper training, customs, procedures, and policies, and the lack of discipline that existed for employees," according to the lawsuit.

The Associated Press left messages Thursday seeking comment from the district, which is located about 150 miles northwest of Detroit. About 4% of Mount Pleasant's 25,000 residents are Black, according to the U.S. Census.

In July, the Mount Pleasant Public Schools Board of Education said the staffer who cut Jurnee's hair was reprimanded and that an independent third-party investigation determined that despite "good intentions" of the worker who cut the girl's hair, doing so without permission from her parents and without the knowledge of district administrators violated school policy.

Two other employees were aware of the incident but didn't report it. All three employees have apologized, the board said.

The school board said the independent investigation found no racial bias and included interviews with district personnel, students and families and a review of video and photos, including posts on social media. District administrators also performed an internal review of the incident.

But Hoffmeyer said the district never questioned him or Jurnee. She now attends another school.

Hman

So...Was the teacher trying to do a good deed, or overstepping her boundaries like most teachers & schools do these days?

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    So...Was the teacher trying to do a good deed, or overstepping her boundaries like most teachers & schools do these days?
    I dont think that matters. Well maybe in how much they get on lines of being malicious or not. But my wife is a retired teacher from Camden so most students were black. She knows something like cutting a kids hair is forbidden. You cannot touch them at all . Unless one is assaulting you to defend yourself. That actually is one of the reasons she retired got tired of all the BS with the little demons.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

I don't know that the race issue is a factor here, but stupidity may be. How on earth did the teacher feel it okay to cut a kid's hair?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8985

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    I don't know that the race issue is a factor here, but stupidity may be. How on earth did the teacher feel it okay to cut a kid's hair?
    For real man. Even if the kid asks, you still have to ask permission from the parents. How do you work in a school and not know this?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Even though the teacher was trying to do a good deed.... she can't step in and fix the student's hair. Poor decision on her part. As far as a "lawsuit" especially 1 million dollars? Ehhhhhh there's negligence on the teacher's part... she does work for the school district.... there might be more to the story than what was printed... could be some other holes somewhere. Teacher should of left the hair alone. I think they will settle out of court. Maybe $100,000?

So after paying the attorney etc.... she walks away with $50,000 lol better than nothing

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20889

Perhaps the blacks that are demanding their own schools are right.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47824

Does that question really need to be asked?

Teacher 100% in the wrong and has no right to cut a kid's hair without parent's permission.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Teacher 100% in the wrong and has no right to cut a kid's hair without parent's permission.
    Here's something even more humorous.... read the story again... a student cuts the child's hair... naturally devastating to the child. Child tells the parent... What parent makes a child go to school not once but twice... with a lopsided haircut to school? lol Dad of the year award!!

Any normal parent gets on the phone same day to a salon nearby... and gets that child's hair corrected. lol Unreal the parenting in this world.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Here's something even more humorous.... read the story again... a student cuts the child's hair... naturally devastating to the child. Child tells the parent... What parent makes a child go to school not once but twice... with a lopsided haircut to school? lol Dad of the year award!!

Any normal parent gets on the phone same day to a salon nearby... and gets that child's hair corrected. lol Unreal the parenting in this world.

I didn't read the story, just saw the headline but if that's the case then WTF?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8985

Guess you missed this paragraph:

Two days after the bus incident — and after complaining to the principal and having Jurnee's hair styled at a salon with an asymmetrical cut to make the differing lengths less obvious — Jurnee arrived home with the hair on the other side cut.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Guess you missed this paragraph:

This story has to have holes in it. Or someone is exaggerating. So the parent did take the child to a salon.... but then the day after a teacher cut the hair again??? This is one crazy story. Why would a teacher touch the child's hair?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4202

Just a get rich quick attempt by this parent. The jew lawyer will be all over this. But, you stupid fukkers, you will be the ones paying this to this father/mother. Not anyone else. Its from your taxes. Enjoy! Keep working hard because a teacher thought the kid looked retarded so she tried to help the kid out...........

That's what retards the country is now...worried about kids hair instead of worrying about being locked up. Dumbfukk cowards.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Just a get rich quick attempt by this parent. The jew lawyer will be all over this. But, you stupid fukkers, you will be the ones paying this to this father/mother. Not anyone else. Its from your taxes...
    Agreed, going for a million and throwing everything at the wall...

" It alleges that the biracial girl's constitutional rights were violated, racial discrimination, ethnic intimidation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery."

Unreal.

But Fester it's likely going to be covered by liabiltiy insurance and have no effect on the budget or premiums. Higher amounts that exceed insurance coverage can come out of school budgets, but the vast majority of institutions have some kind of liability policy. It's rarely actual tax dollars at work there.

Rarely, but you never know I suppose in any given case.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

This story has to have holes in it. Or someone is exaggerating. So the parent did take the child to a salon.... but then the day after a teacher cut the hair again??? This is one crazy story. Why would a teacher touch the child's hair?
    The teacher didn't cut the hair twice.

The first time, a classmate of hers cut her hair while riding the school bus. Story doesn't indicate whether it was malicious or just kids being kids (assuming the latter since they probably would've mentioned if bullying was involved).

Dad claims he took daughter to salon to fix it and they made it asymmetrical to make what the classmate did less obvious (doesn't make sense, but I'll give benefit of the doubt).

Teacher apparently saw it the next day and did her own haircut on the girl to "fix" what she thought was wrong with what the stylist did (again assuming dad did take her to a salon) and dad is upset the teacher did that without his permission.

I'm curious if the girl told the teacher she went to a salon (assuming dad actually did take her to one) or the teacher just saw the hair and unilaterally "fixed it" without asking.

Teacher was absolutely wrong, but no way in hell is the damages worth $1 million assuming we have the whole story. He's going to have to prove the damages were worth $1 million. Nothing to indicate there was a racial motivation (which removes any chance at punitive damages) and nothing to indicate the girl was traumatized or harmed to the extent it would take $1 million to fix.

Simple negligence, but not $1 million worth. Few grand at most to fix the girl's hair and pay the attorneys.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-18-21 at 01:31 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    ...Simple negligence, but not $1 million worth. Few grand at most to fix the girl's hair and pay the attorneys.
    Agree with your post, but they are going for the big time in their suit...

" It alleges that the biracial girl's constitutional rights were violated, racial discrimination, ethnic intimidation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery."

Assault and battery? Racial issues? Ethnic discrimination?

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Agree with your post, but they are going for the big time in their suit...

Assault and battery? Racial issues? Ethnic discrimination?
    I saw they're swinging for the fences, but like many big leaguers, doesn't mean they're gonna hit the grand slam.

I don't see anything in the story that shows the teacher's actions were racially motivated or intended to inflict harm on the girl. It sounds like a teacher went beyond what her job description entailed.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yup teacher fukked up, but this Dad and Lawyer are up to some shit.

I bet the lawyer has a whole book of shit like this, probably his business, exploiting the woke movements.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I need to see before and after pictures of the haircut to make a proper opinion on this.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I need to see before and after pictures of the haircut to make a proper opinion on this.
    Shit, teacher chopped a ton, it looks like...

LMAO

mrpapageorgio

LMAO

If that's the actual before and after, the teacher should've just left it the fuk alone. The story describing it being asymmetrical, I was picturing one side being longer than the other. It doesn't look bad before the teacher did their job on her........... assuming that's how she looked after the stylist did their job.

Problem is, don't know if those befores are how she actually looked before the teacher tried working on it or if dad/lawyer are giving pictures before the classmate cut her hair and the stylist did their work to exaggerate their claim.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-18-21 at 02:30 PM.

Hman

Oh I know

Believe me I've been to the school a few times because of teachers thinking they can do whatever they want.

Teachers today aren't like they used to be.

I will bring their kid into the conversation and ask them if they want me to do or say the same sh!t to theirs

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Don't you need a license or some sh to cut hair?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

I think we all see the similarly. As for the million, its possible. Does that mean its deserved, nope. But if the options are pay the guaranteed money or risk a judge/jury giving them even more, the insurance co might just cut their losses and hand it over

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Don't you need a license or some sh to cut hair?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

I think we all see the similarly. As for the million, its possible. Does that mean its deserved, nope. But if the options are pay the guaranteed money or risk a judge/jury giving them even more, the insurance co might just cut their losses and hand it over
    Post Nomination
    You may not nominate a post by the same author today.

That million is very, very likely the starting point as it gets negotiated down to a settlement.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I’ll withhold judgement for teacher. There are some shitty ass parents out there. If these parents are too lazy to fix their daughters haircut they are probably the same type of parents that do drugs all day, don’t feed their kids and rely on school to cloth/feed them etc. these kids only adult figure to help them they have is their teachers. All is well and good when the teacher dips into own paycheck to send kids home with snacks so they don’t starve on the weekend, but god forbid they fix their hair so they don’t get picked on. Kid probably needed the haircut and asked for it and the teacher felt morally obligated to help since parents are pieces of shit. Now they want to sue because they are shitty parents and someone else had to step in. Ridiculous

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

LMAO

Now I need to see pictures of the girl's parents to form an ever better opinion.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Forget the haircut, that will grow back in a few months. This poor child’s bigger issue is the fact that her dumb-@$$ parents named her ‘Jurnee’ - and I’m sure everybody that has seen her name written down must think she’s a moron that can’t spell…..