SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Voted in person, No ID required in Cali

Went in person to cast my vote in the recall election because I didn't trust the mail guy to no throw my ballot in the gutter.
    Walked up to the poll lady and handed her my ID, she stops me and says "I don't need that, we are a no ID state."
    WTF!?!?!
    I said, how do you know its me?
    She says "I compare your signature."
    Ok, wow.
    So any server or bartender who collects dozens of signed credit card slips a night could copy my signature and then go vote in my place...
    But in San Francisco right now, I need and ID and vaccination records to walk Into a restaurant and order a sandwhich..
    This state has lost its marbles

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Nobody is stealing your signature to vote. Not a person in the world wants to be accused of being you.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Nobody is stealing your signature to vote. Not a person in the world wants to be accused of being you.
    Not worried about my signature being stolen to vote. I already submitted my ballot, lol

firstclass
    firstclass's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3151

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post

Says the forum TARD

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Went in person to cast my vote in the recall election because I didn't trust the mail guy to no throw my ballot in the gutter.
    Walked up to the poll lady and handed her my ID, she stops me and says "I don't need that, we are a no ID state."
    WTF!?!?!
    Ok, wow.
    So any server or bartender who collects dozens of signed credit card slips a night could copy my signature and then go vote in my place...
    But in San Francisco right now, I need and ID and vaccination records to walk Into a restaurant and order a sandwhich..
    How do they get your signature? Off your driver's license?

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    How do they get your signature? Off your driver's license?
    They have it on file from your registry then when you're there in person they make you sign a paper so they can see it

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The hypocrisy of the liberal mind knows no bounds

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4523

Here in Cali as well. Just walked straight in and they asked for My DOB. No ID or anything else

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8734

never in my life could I image a civilized society not requiring someone to show ID when they vote.

Imagine if banks had the same policy? You just walk into any branch and ask the teller for a couple grand. She gives you the cash, never asks for any ID, just a signature which someone will check later and you happily walk out the door.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20889

However, in some cities you need a vax card and picture i.d. to get a burger. This country is so fukked.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

They have it on file from your registry then when you're there in person they make you sign a paper so they can see it
    As someone who used to poll watch, nobody checks the signatures closely. Even if they're challenged, the judges never want to raise a stink and cause a scene.

Had an elderly couple where the wife barely knew where she was. Husband insisted on completing the application for ballot claiming he was "assisting her" and noticed the signature matched his handwriting (he likely filled it out). One of the poll watchers beefed to the point they made her sign the application herself. Her handwriting and signature looked nothing like what was on file, but the judges wouldn't go as far to refuse her a ballot.

Had another woman come in to vote, judges told her she already voted. She protested and insisted she did not. Judges showed her the binder with the signed application for ballot. Recognized it was her sister's handwriting and figured the sister came in to vote claiming to be her. Judges offered to file a report (how far it would've went, who knows), but instead she stormed out pissed.

Point being, funny business happens at the ballot box, just how much of it gets reported/challenged is the question/unknown.

thezbar
    .political science 101
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1772

Voted by mail today. I arrived to the conclusion this recall is a waste of resources applied to a necessary change. If Newsome is to be replaced the better option is at the Mid-Term elections. I want someone with government experience in that position not a fad choice or celebrity. I voted NO after leaning Yes for weeks.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post

Says the forum TARD
    Never heard of you

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    never in my life could I image a civilized society not requiring someone to show ID when they vote.

Imagine if banks had the same policy? You just walk into any branch and ask the teller for a couple grand. She gives you the cash, never asks for any ID, just a signature which someone will check later and you happily walk out the door.

Voter ID has not been required in America since it's inception. The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves if they saw republican attempts to turn America into an authoritarian state.

DwightShrute

here we go again

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The election is tomorrow. I am so glad I moved out of that f**ked up State. Only California and New Mexico have Mexican pluralities. Every other state has a White plurality and most of them have white majorities.

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I hope Newsome wins so California can continue to crumble and maybe if we are lucky enough the entire state will sink into the ocean eliminating 55 electoral college votes for these fuk head democrats.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyM1ke

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The election is tomorrow. I am so glad I moved out of that f**ked up State. Only California and New Mexico have Mexican pluralities. Every other state has a White plurality and most of them have white majorities.
    I’m sure the state was glad you left.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

WTF!?!?!
    Ok, wow.
    I voted today too. So crazy that no ID is required. It's basically a guarantee for fraud. We received a mail in ballot for a guy who used to be our tenant. He lives in Vermont now. He's been gone for 6 months. Would be pretty easy to fill it out and send it in...

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8472

It's a federal crime to vote for someone other than yourself !!

With all the hi tech advances we have today they should just take your photo when you register and upload
    it to a computer then when you come to vote they pull it up that way they know you were the one that registered!! ( Hell also get your finger print and retina scan) cant fool that!!

Photo cards with the bearers signature seem to have become increasingly common during World War I for the US and other countries for military personnel, though they did not necessarily use the words 'identity card' For the general public ID's with photo varied from state to state in Tennessee photo ID's were not available until the 80's on state issued ID's!! So no one before that should have ever been able to vote most states started in the 50's and 60's.
    Last edited by jackpot269; 09-14-21 at 01:42 AM.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    I voted today too. So crazy that no ID is required. It's basically a guarantee for fraud. We received a mail in ballot for a guy who used to be our tenant. He lives in Vermont now. He's been gone for 6 months. Would be pretty easy to fill it out and send it in...
    isn't that crazy?

But those on the Far left will keep on pretending.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

"The recall we pushed for is rigged" seems to be a common sentiment around here. If the GOP knew dems were gonna cheat all along, then why did they waste 276 million taxpayer dollars on this?

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    isn't that crazy?

But those on the Far left will keep on pretending.
    I didn't fill out my old tenant's ballot. But it sure was tempting. Think about how many people would have...