ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Ask a Mexican

NOTE: Ask a Mexican was the name of a column that Gustavo Arellano, the writer of this piece, wrote for the alternative weekly, the OC Weekly, before he started writing for the LA Times.

Column: Larry Elder is the most Latino candidate in California's recall. It won't help him

by Gustavo Arellano

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-la...130050933.html

There's a knee-jerk familiarity with Elder any time I hear him babble. His swagger and respectability politics are what my blue-collar cousins say six Tecates into a carne asada Sunday.

When I read on Elder’s campaign website life lessons from his parents — like “Hard work wins. You get out of life what you put into it. You cannot control the outcome, but you are 100% in control of the effort” — I did a double take. Did Elder say it, or was it my dad, whose name — Lorenzo — is the Spanish version of Elder’s given name, Laurence?

It's an origin story that Elder shares with me and multitudes of Latinos in the Golden State. Elder's campaign knows this, so did a huge swing for Latinos last week. He held a video conference to boast about how polls then showed Latinos were almost evenly split on the recall. Joining him was former California Senate President Pro Tem Gloria Romero, a Democrat whose influence among Latinos is about as much as the third-string quarterback for the Las Vegas Raiders.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

That's a good article, and it completely ignores the liberals past stance on illegals

https://www.tribdem.com/news/editori...0404b5fdf.html

Of which the majority of Latinos voted for.

It seems to highlight what we all know....successful immigrants tend to vote more logically (conservative) so what I wanted to see in that article was any plan by the author or Newsome that shows or proposes how granting citizenship and or State benefits to 2.5mm illegals makes them, their neighbor, or the States economy, more successful?

Because frankly, the ONLY one who benefits from amnesty is the current Democrat in office at the time it's granted.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12021

Ask a Mexican

The guy was born in Anaheim. He's probably never even been to Mexico.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12337

The only thing I'm gonna ask a Mexican is to make me a Taco or mow my lawn.

rustie
    rustie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3969

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The only thing I'm gonna ask a Mexican is to make me a Taco or mow my lawn.
    Then you will complain he took your job