Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Sprint Spokesman Paul Marcarelli Annoying

Is it just me? Or do you guys find this guy annoying.

after Verizon gave this guy a break, employed him for almost 9 years and made him famous, he repays them by switching to their competition and berates them in commercials.

I understand it pays the bills, but I just find it in bad taste.

End of rant/

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Agreed. Pretty sad when the best Sprint could do was hire a cast off from a superior rival company.
    Points Awarded:

Pinoy-T-X gave jts1207 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Guy is very gay. Pretty soon there won't be a Sprint. I believe they merged with T-mobile.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32815

You do know he's an actor, and those commercials are his 'act'.
    He's from here, went to school one mile from where I live at Fairfield University.
    Nice guy, but yes openly gay, but as Seinfeld once said "not there's anything wrong with that"

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He's from here, went to school one mile from where I live at Fairfield University.
    Nice guy, but yes openly gay, but as Seinfeld once said "not there's anything wrong with that"
    Lol. I knew it. I'm usually correct when I think someone's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just saw that episode the other day hilarious.

Pinoy-T-X

I know it’s an act for commercials. But it’s still real life that he moved to a rival and talks crap about them, May it be an act or not. I just find it in bad taste. Like I said earlier they paid for his service for nine years and gave him a break. Moving to another rival is fine, it’s just the how he bad mouths them.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    I know it’s an act for commercials. But it’s still real life that he moved to a rival and talks crap about them, May it be an act or not. I just find it in bad taste. Like I said earlier they paid for his service for nine years and gave him a break. Moving to another rival is fine, it’s just the how he bad mouths them.
    Like I said he's and actor that just reads from the script, so he is in effect bad mouthing Verizon but it's not like it's his own words.
    And as he said in an interview Verizon changed their marketing and advertising and went in a totally different direction so they didn't renew Paul. Then Sprint knocked on his door, can't blame him for turning down that sweet gig. The most interesting thing is Paul's a Sprint subscriber in real life, always has been he says,

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Lol. I knew it. I'm usually correct when I think someone's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just saw that episode the other day hilarious.
    Yeah, I love that episode too.
    And yeah, Paul lives in with his 'husband'. Gay yes, but I say live and let live.
    I have two cousins that are gay, I don't get it but I don't knock it either.
    They say your born gay, I don't know about all that, could be true.

"He's the phone man, not that there's anything wrong with that"

Pinoy-T-X

Like I said he's and actor that just reads from the script, so he is in effect bad mouthing Verizon but it's not like it's his own words.
    And as he said in an interview Verizon changed their marketing and advertising and went in a totally different direction so they didn't renew Paul. Then Sprint knocked on his door, can't blame him for turning down that sweet gig.
    I completely understand what you are saying. I just don’t agree on what he did. That’s just me.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Always wondered why Verizon didn't have a non compete or some type of clause in contract....

Could you imagine Bob Ueker switching to Bud Light ads after his Miller Lite debut?
    Points Awarded:

Pinoy-T-X gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I was with Sprint for approx 15 years straight with business and personal accounts. I asked them what they could offer me in regards to purchasing 2 new phones... either iphone or Galaxy... and they couldn't do anything. This was the retention department I was talking too. I even told them... if we can't reach a deal today... with a discount on new phones... I'm leaving.

I have a feeling they will be gone soon. Too many immigrants answering phones who don't know how to speak English. CEO is running the company into the ground.

Rule #1 in any American Business... once the call switches to the retention department... and the customer is threatening to cancel... every person who answers the phone should speak English clearly... and be highly competent in all the discounts available... and be ready to offer them. If you can't do this... the company deserves to go under.

Pinoy-T-X

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I was with Sprint for approx 15 years straight with business and personal accounts. I asked them what they could offer me in regards to purchasing 2 new phones... either iphone or Galaxy... and they couldn't do anything. This was the retention department I was talking too. I even told them... if we can't reach a deal today... with a discount on new phones... I'm leaving.

I have a feeling they will be gone soon. Too many immigrants answering phones who don't know how to speak English. CEO is running the company into the ground.

Rule #1 in any American Business... once the call switches to the retention department... and the customer is threatening to cancel... every person who answers the phone should speak English clearly... and be highly competent in all the discounts available... and be ready to offer them. If you can't do this... the company deserves to go under.
    This sounds what I did to comcast a few years ago.

stevenash

Years ago I was with Cablevision when I was in my 20's.
    Same thing.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

very annoying, those sonic guys are annoying as well, can't believe they have lasted so long

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    very annoying, those sonic guys are annoying as well, can't believe they have lasted so long
    The one guy, I forget his name is pretty good. The one that was on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    The other guy has to be gay.

Oh, not for nothing, the new Verizon pitch man ain't much better, he's annoying as sin too.

Pinoy-T-X

Turned on the TV and first thing that comes out is this fuckers ad. Uggh!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Turned on the TV and first thing that comes out is this fuckers ad. Uggh!
    I'll be very surprised if Sprint can hang on? Don't know if someone will purchase them or not? Millions wasted in bullsh#$ commercials. I also think that "SPLASH" of him coming over to Sprint.... is fading out. It was surprising at first... but... same boring bullsh#$.

I'm so happy to be done with Sprint.

Pinoy-T-X

I'll be very surprised if Sprint can hang on? Don't know if someone will purchase them or not? Millions wasted in bullsh#$ commercials. I also think that "SPLASH" of him coming over to Sprint.... is fading out. It was surprising at first... but... same boring bullsh#$.

I'm so happy to be done with Sprint.
    Agreed