The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Best SUV to Sleep In?

I have to be within 30 mins of the hospital when I’m on call and we’re moving about an hour to hour and a half away, which means I need a place to sleep. My workplace gf is married so her place is out of the question.

they have call rooms in the hospital, unfortunately everyone of them have a speaker so when there’s a code blue or whatever, it blasts i to the call rooms. This shit gets old

Some ppl were getting hotel rooms and writing off the expenses but something changed last year and they ended up getting stuck with the 15k-20k they had spent on hotel rooms through the year

All this to say, I think an SUV is the way to go. Anyone have experience with this? Camping or sleeping in your suv? I don't want a sprinter van as gas mileage would kill me.

i searched a bit on the webs and all I found were people pitching tents on their roof which isn’t what I need, I need to be able to sleep semi-comfortably in the back and it fir in a normal parking spot

Any ideas?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16181

ask morino...he definitely has lost his house....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kracken your so broke

Stop advertising it

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    ask morino...he definitely has lost his house....
    Fuk off

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 599

What are your stats? Height and weight. Not all SUVs can fit all body types.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What are your stats? Height and weight. Not all SUVs can fit all body types.
    6’0, 180

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    This has crossed my mind. Was hoping there was something that all the seats went flat or some bullshit like that.

Could always find a third girl but that shit gets exhausting

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kracken your so broke

Stop advertising it
    Huh? I pay 4,000/month in rent and am about to buy a new suv

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

While you may conduct business in your town, only your standard mileage rate and meals— assuming you dine with business contacts — are deductible. You can’t, however, rent a hotel room within a reasonable distance of your home (even if you’d spent the day at a conference at a nearby hotel) and expect to write it off.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    While you may conduct business in your town, only your standard mileage rate and meals— assuming you dine with business contacts — are deductible. You can’t, however, rent a hotel room within a reasonable distance of your home (even if you’d spent the day at a conference at a nearby hotel) and expect to write it off.
    Thats my dilemma, I need a free place to sleep. I take call 8-10 nights/month. That gets expensive

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Suburban has the most space. Middle row automatically folds completely back towards front. Just make sure 3rd row is completely out and stored somewhere... like a garage. Then, just buy an inflatable air mattress... that runs on 12 volts.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 599

Is there a park close to work where you can spend the night in a tent or a hammock? It shouldn't cost much for a day.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

You could buy a cube van. Then you would have ample space to sleep.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7364

Knew someone who had a Pontiac Aztec. They liked sleeping in it.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Midsize truck with a cab. Throw a mattress down and good to go. My friends dad bought my Dodge Dakota and did this for work instead of paying for hotels. He’s a bigger guy than you.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I used to have an older Dodge Grand Caravan. The two rear seats come out. Then you can could throw a mattress down. Pretty good mileage/easier to drive around than a box van.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12361

Innovation...

Blow up mattresses usually always work in the back of trucks.. Help mask the kinks and uneven surfaces..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13545

As long as you airbrush "Fukk Trukk" on the side of it you should be good with all of the suggestions above.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13545

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25689

I think you should just find a new job closer to home.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Is there a park close to work where you can spend the night in a tent or a hammock? It shouldn't cost much for a day.
    This

Kraken will only live in cities with a very low black population so I imagine he could just sleep in a park and only have to worry about squirrels throwing nuts down at him

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    This

Kraken will only live in cities with a very low black population so I imagine he could just sleep in a park and only have to worry about squirrels throwing nuts down at him
    There is a nice park but it’s got a curfew and lots of homeless ppl. Im looking at Mercedes Metris vans now

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I got a Tucson and thought about the logistics of banging girls in the back, but the problem with that is that backseats don't recline backwards, they recline forwards. So it would be very uncomfortable banging and just as uncomfortable sleeping unless you had an air mattress or something.

I don't know why SUV back seats aren't designed to both recline back or foward, But mine only go forward.

Also, you must be a a completely replaceable hospital employee, since I've known many on-call Doctors that allowed to sleep at the hospital between shifts. If you were important, you could sleep at the hospital. You must not be that important
    Last edited by Plaza23; 05-23-19 at 09:35 PM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

guess i'm goin with the white jeep.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Best to sleep outside.. Layer up and get a sleeping bag and tent.

Homeless have mastered the art of tent cities.. Rich people need to learn still.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

Get a van. Then park it by the river.
    Then you can be that guy who's living in a van down by the river

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I got a Tucson and thought about the logistics of banging girls in the back, but the problem with that is that backseats don't recline backwards, they recline forwards. So it would be very uncomfortable banging and just as uncomfortable sleeping unless you had an air mattress or something.

I don't know why SUV back seats aren't designed to both recline back or foward, But mine only go forward.

Also, you must be a a completely replaceable hospital employee, since I've known many on-call Doctors that allowed to sleep at the hospital between shifts. If you were important, you could sleep at the hospital. You must not be that important
    We are certainly all replaceable, I cant argue that. And I’m also nowhere near as important as a physician for many reasons but no hospital employee is. Physicians can bill for services and keep the business afloat, nurses can’t do that. So you are certainly correct again.

But if you read what I wrote, I already addressed the issue of call rooms. I have access to those rooms, the same ones physicians use. But if you value sleep they’re not ideal. So I guess since I can sleep at the hospital, I am that important after all

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    Get a van. Then park it by the river.
    Then you can be that guy who's living in a van down by the river
    Thats what Im leaning towards, the Mercedes van

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Thats what Im leaning towards, the Mercedes van
    Seen those around town.. 33 grand sticker.. They look top heavy. I've never been in one or drove one but I bet they are good rides.. Mercs usually are...https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/model/sprinter

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11378

Perhaps a van?

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    We are certainly all replaceable, I cant argue that. And I’m also nowhere near as important as a physician for many reasons but no hospital employee is. Physicians can bill for services and keep the business afloat, nurses can’t do that. So you are certainly correct again.

But if you read what I wrote, I already addressed the issue of call rooms. I have access to those rooms, the same ones physicians use. But if you value sleep they’re not ideal. So I guess since I can sleep at the hospital, I am that important after all
    If the choice is between sleeping in an automobile in some parking lot, or sleeping in a hospital bed. I'm going to go with the bed everytime

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    If the choice is between sleeping in an automobile in some parking lot, or sleeping in a hospital bed. I'm going to go with the bed everytime
    More power to ya, I would rather sleep in the auto.

Because I’m telling you if you’re in the hospital bed, you aren’t sleeping. The call rooms are right by the nurses stations, you can hear them talking, walking, shutting doors etc... Add in all the over head pages for Dr so and so, or code blues, or whatever other code may be going on, you might sleep an hour at most. Been there done that too many times.

If you need me, I’ll be actually sleeping outside in whatever vehicle I choose

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Best place to park is a nice hotel pking lot. In chicago i had access t0 lobby at night and laid down on sofa went to sleep. Breakfast was best, bagels..cream cheese..coffee..etc. cold botled water..hampton inn baby. Took shower in a room..guy checked out..i told maid give me few minutes..great shower..lol

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Best place to park is a mice hotel pking lot. In chicago i had access tp lobby at night and laid down on sofa went to sleep. Breakfast was best, bagels..creamncheese..coffee..etc. cold botled water..hampton inn baby
    Thats actually a good idea

12 Last