Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Here is why the Winnipeg Jets will win the Cup

The Jets are the only team remaining in the playoffs with an unmatched physical presence.

They have built a team around a similar script the Kings had to win multiple cups and that is size and skill. No team can match them physically in a 7 game series. Guys like Byfaglien, Wheeler, Laine, Trouba, Myers, etc are not only physical players but skilled aswell.

The Jets play a team game and are very sound defensively, rarely will you catch them out of position.

They are already showing the Predators what they can bring and its pretty obvious they are outmatched, they are man-handling this soft team just like they hammered Minny.

Nashville is the most physical team left in the playoffs and they will likely get rolled in 5 or 6.
    Vegas or SJ are weaker opponents to go through so we can assume an easy win maybe a sweep on either of those soft teams.

The east is stacked with skill players but once again nobody can match the Jets physically and Hellebuyck is the best goalie in the playoffs at the moment.

The Winnipeg Jets WILL win the Stanley Cup and WILL bring the Cup home back to Canada where it belongs!

Rich Boy

I was also born in Winnipeg so thats another reason

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22724

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    I was also born in Winnipeg so thats another reason
    LOL
    Hope they win tonight

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I still think if Tampa can play well, they'll outscore anyone in the finals. But Jets Vegas would be a great WCF ^^

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Winnipeg boy also, and thus prone to not giving them a chance. I think they levelled up a number of times over the season, and by the end they were possibly the best team in the league. How can you tell at this point? The game has changed dramatically over the last year or two (remember Chicago and St. Louis? LOL)

Key factors: Winnipeg has ha
    d skilled players in the past, but Scheifele and Laine have a level of competitiveness that the Jets have not seen before. Wheeler is going hard too. (+physical dominance as noted above). They're a youngish team but it's looking like they might have the most elusive X-factor: chemistry.

Kin
    d of sh1ting myself honestly, because I'm mostly invested in Nashville, Vegas, and Pittsburgh. Hopefully the hometown boys will lose, and the Vegas juggernaut will continue all the way to the cup.

Rich Boy

Jets have all the pieces right now, a hot goalie, confidence and physicality

They are clearly the matchup nobody wants right now

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jets are the only team remaining in the playoffs with an unmatched physical presence.

They have built a team around a similar script the Kings had to win multiple cups and that is size and skill. No team can match them physically in a 7 game series. Guys like Byfaglien, Wheeler, Laine, Trouba, Myers, etc are not only physical players but skilled aswell.

The Jets play a team game and are very sound defensively, rarely will you catch them out of position.

They are already showing the Predators what they can bring and its pretty obvious they are outmatched, they are man-handling this soft team just like they hammered Minny.

Nashville is the most physical team left in the playoffs and they will likely get rolled in 5 or 6.
    Vegas or SJ are weaker opponents to go through so we can assume an easy win maybe a sweep on either of those soft teams.

The east is stacked with skill players but once again nobody can match the Jets physically and Hellebuyck is the best goalie in the playoffs at the moment.

The Winnipeg Jets WILL win the Stanley Cup and WILL bring the Cup home back to Canada where it belongs!
    GO WINNIPEG. love that team... man are they playing together as a team.
    so many playoff teams (all sports) rely on one or two star players..
    this team is STACKED. play 60 minutes. Seems impossible to score 4 goals on them,
    hard enough to score TWO!!

JETS!!!

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19780

Did you put in a Futures bet yet?

Ratzz

look. but just a 'heads-up'
    Bettman, NHL USA will never let a Canadian team beat the Penguins with a possible 3-Peat on the table.

NHL needed a Tom Brady, and Bettman anointed Crosby.
    Granted he is Canadian, but there are simply no American players that play at Top 2-3 level in NHL

The Ottawa Senators beat the Penguins last year.. insane call in Game 7 calls for Pens, put them in Finals..
    then in Finals.. Subban scores first goal. and NHL office quickly took it away on a joke call.

Press knew EXACTLY what was happening. and it took the wind out of their sails.
    If Preds win Game 1 in Pittsburgh, Nashville takes Cup

Jets vs. Pens in Finals.
    Between wants 3-Peat Pens..(American Team)
    wants US equivalent of Gretzky's Oilers Dynasty, or old Habs..

but old Habs did not have a 'single' superstar like Gretzky.. they had like a whole team of stars

Jets can only beat the Pens.. if they win in 5 or less. it has to be a massacre basically.
    NHL will give it to Crosby otherwise. it's good for business.

and make no mistake. this is a business, and all us fans are the customers who return every year
    no matter what. but MANY, MANY more American customers. Who really don't want to see a
    Canadian Champ.

Rich Boy

NHL isn’t rigged like other sports, I doubt they are interfering with games

MAINEBLACKBEERS
    MAINEBLACKBEERS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8541

Agree with this statement, with one exception. When there is a Canadian team involved with an American team, for games that are in Canada, I feel the refs call more phantom penalties against the American teams.

Ratzz

you should wait until you watch the Finals.. before making that call.
    did you see the call that overturned the Subban opening goal in the 1st Period of Game 1 in Pittsburgh?

Jets are better than the Pens.. but a 5-on-3 PP in the Finals is a guaranteed goal. Easy to create that.
    Bettman wants the 3-Peat. Must be USA team. Good for business. Pittsburgh dynasty makes hockey more American.
    Betmann needs to offset what Canada does to USA in the Olympic Hockey

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Bruins/Jets final [+2875]....future has been in since the start of the playoffs

oilcountry99

Bruins win the Cup

oilcountry99

Rich Boy...I'd like to see the Jets win, hell of a team!

shaggydog88
    shaggydog88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

my neighbor plays in the NHL and there is nooooo way the nhl is rigged through the players. its possible the refs lean certain ways in games, but its not rigged like basketball.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14917

Yes, I agree, also have the Cup going to the Peg.

Ratzz

League already getting rid of Jets. They saw how well they played in Game 1 vs. Preds.

made sure they did not take 2 in Nashville.. now down 2-0 at home in 1st.

3 penalties called vs. Jets.. Nashville just one.

Rich Boy

Jets wont be stopped, 4-3 game

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22724

Times like these I wish I was a Winterpegger! lol
    Got the over and Jets tonight so from the Best Coast.....go to the cup!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8972

good analysis Rich Boy. I was talking to my buddy in Winnipeg this morning and we both said the same thing. They are a big team.

They could go a long ways.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

No matter what happens this year, the Jets are going all the way in 2019.

They dumped most of the Thrashers bums, but the playoffs are showing how wise it was to keep Buff long-term.

Rich Boy

1 win away from beating Nashville series line currently at -350
    And +143 to win the West

Its looking like Winnipeg vs Vegas which I think will be a good matchup but Vegas is too small to play with these big boys and they will likely get dismantled over a 7 game series. So far they have played some soft finesse teams in the Kings and Sharks

If the Sharks somehow win that will be an even easier matchup for Winnipeg.

The east is stacked as always and will be tough to beat but once again neither of the teams with a chance (TB, Wash, Pit) are very physical teams. That physicality factor will come into play as the season wears on and minutes start to pile up. The Jets can play a tight defensive game or a wide open speed game and still win, this is a dynamic dangerous fast skilled hockey team people!

ArchieBunker
    ArchieBunker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11356

They need to finish this tomorrow don;t want see a game 7 in Nashville.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

1 win away from beating Nashville series line currently at -350
    And +143 to win the West

Its looking like Winnipeg vs Vegas which I think will be a good matchup but Vegas is too small to play with these big boys and they will likely get dismantled over a 7 game series. So far they have played some soft finesse teams in the Kings and Sharks

If the Sharks somehow win that will be an even easier matchup for Winnipeg.

The east is stacked as always and will be tough to beat but once again neither of the teams with a chance (TB, Wash, Pit) are very physical teams. That physicality factor will come into play as the season wears on and minutes start to pile up. The Jets can play a tight defensive game or a wide open speed game and still win, this is a dynamic dangerous fast skilled hockey team people!
    Lol, the Kings aren't a finesse team at all. The Knights are a very well-rounded team, and are up to the task in a physical series.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    look. but just a 'heads-up'
    Bettman, NHL USA will never let a Canadian team beat the Penguins with a possible 3-Peat on the table.

NHL needed a Tom Brady, and Bettman anointed Crosby.
    Granted he is Canadian, but there are simply no American players that play at Top 2-3 level in NHL

The Ottawa Senators beat the Penguins last year.. insane call in Game 7 calls for Pens, put them in Finals..
    then in Finals.. Subban scores first goal. and NHL office quickly took it away on a joke call.

Press knew EXACTLY what was happening. and it took the wind out of their sails.
    If Preds win Game 1 in Pittsburgh, Nashville takes Cup

Jets vs. Pens in Finals.
    Between wants 3-Peat Pens..(American Team)
    wants US equivalent of Gretzky's Oilers Dynasty, or old Habs..

but old Habs did not have a 'single' superstar like Gretzky.. they had like a whole team of stars

Jets can only beat the Pens.. if they win in 5 or less. it has to be a massacre basically.
    NHL will give it to Crosby otherwise. it's good for business.

and make no mistake. this is a business, and all us fans are the customers who return every year
    no matter what. but MANY, MANY more American customers. Who really don't want to see a
    Canadian Champ.
    this was an interesting read....seriously, I like to consider all angles

but when you posted it, obviously was predicated on the Penguins advancing, which now we see they haven't

Nashville just forced game 7 against Winnipeg, who might not advance either.