jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Porter may want trade

ESPN.com news services
    Joey Porter is "not happy" with his role on the Miami Dolphins and suggests that they should play him or trade him.
    Bothered by injuries last season, Porter, 32, played in only 12 games, but he still had nine sacks and was unhappy with Miami's youth movement.
    "They want to play younger guys," Porter said on ESPN's Jim Rose is Burning from Miami on Monday. "They want me to be a rotation guy. I got a lot of football left in me to be a rotation guy. I don't get paid like a rotation guy. I'm not ready to take that role. I'm not ready to be a role player. I'm still a starter. I still play at a high level. I feel like I can start for any team in the NFL. With me feeling like that, no, I'm not happy."
    In 2008, Porter had 17½ sacks and the Dolphins went 11-5 to win the AFC East. Miami slipped to 7-9 last season, and Porter's time on the field diminished.
    "First you start off with coming out when I'm tired to keep me fresh for the rest of the season," he said. "Then it's I play a series, he plays a series, I play a series, that's different."
    He was told by the team that they didn't want the 11-year veteran to stand in the way of the development of younger players. The four-time Pro Bowler doesn't see why the team wants to keep him if that's the case.
    "When you're winning all of this stuff is swept away," Porter said. "Asking me going in this year seeing how last season went, asking me to come in and play that role again, I can honestly say I won't come back and do that."
    Does that mean he wants to be traded?
    "Why pay all that money and make me a role player," he said. "You make me a role player you're really saying you don't want me."

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I dont blame him...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Porter has a major problem. He is stuck in Miami. He is in a lose-lose situation. If he shoots his big mouth off like he did yesterday, his value diminishes, but if his sack total keeps dropping, like it did last season, his value diminishes. So I guess it is time for Miami to dump him to a team that has no shot of winning nest season, like the Raiders.

oj-thejuice
    oj-thejuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

oj-thejuice
    oj-thejuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who shot Joey Porter?!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Jason Taylor talked his way out of Miami, where did that get him?

Joey Porter likes to talk. Let him talk. Parcells will handle things.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was watching him voice his displeasure on Rome is Burning, seems like an attention whore to me

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6424

Joey Porter blows.