Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3828

Imagine if these things happened... Jill Stein 2016 (Green Party)

These are brave solutions.

Key points of the Power to the People Plan:

A Green New Deal:
    Create millions of jobs by transitioning to 100% clean renewable energy by 2030, and investing in public transit, sustainable agriculture, and conservation.

Jobs as a Right:
    Create living-wage jobs for every American who needs work, replacing unemployment offices with employment offices. Advance workers rights to form unions, achieve workplace democracy, and keep a fair share of the wealth they create.

End Poverty:
    Guarantee economic human rights, including access to food, water, housing, and utilities, with effective anti-poverty programs to ensure every American a life of dignity.

Health Care as a Right:
    Establish an improved “Medicare For All” single-payer public health insurance program to provide everyone with quality health care, at huge savings.

Education as a Right:
    Abolish student debt to free a generation of Americans from debt servitude. Guarantee tuition-free, world-class public education from pre-school through university. End high stakes testing and public school privatization.

A Just Economy:
    Set a $15/hour federal minimum wage. Break up “too-big-to-fail” banks and democratize the Federal Reserve. Reject gentrification as a model of economic development. Support development of worker and community cooperatives and small businesses. Make Wall Street, big corporations, and the rich pay their fair share of taxes. Create democratically run public banks and utilities. Replace corporate trade agreements with fair trade agreements.

Protect Mother Earth:
    Lead on a global treaty to halt climate change. End destructive energy extraction: fracking, tar sands, offshore drilling, oil trains, mountaintop removal, and uranium mines. Protect our public lands, water supplies, biological diversity, parks, and pollinators. Label GMOs, and put a moratorium on GMOs and pesticides until they are proven safe. Protect the rights of future generations.

Freedom and Equality:
    End police brutality, mass incarceration and institutional racism within our justice system. Expand women’s rights, protect LGBTQIA+ people from discrimination, defend indigenous rights and lands, and create a welcoming path to citizenship for immigrants. Protect the free Internet, replace drug prohibition with harm reduction, and legalize marijuana/hemp.

Justice for All:
    Restore our Constitutional rights, terminate unconstitutional surveillance and unwarranted spying, end persecution of government and media whistleblowers, close Guantanamo, abolish secret kill lists, and repeal indefinite detention without charge or trial.

Peace and Human Rights:
    Establish a foreign policy based on diplomacy, international law, and human rights. End the wars and drone attacks, cut military spending by at least 50% and close the 700+ foreign military bases that are turning our republic into a bankrupt empire. Stop U.S. support and arms sales to human rights abusers, and lead on global nuclear disarmament.

Empower the People:
    Abolish corporate personhood. Protect voters’ rights by establishing a constitutional right to vote. Enact electoral reforms that break the big money stranglehold and create truly representative democracy: public campaign financing, ranked-choice voting, proportional representation, and open debates.

My Plan - Jill2016

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Thank god they won't.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Thank god they won't.
    Not this time, but in coming generations, they will.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I once had a similar plan.....QB the Oakland Raiders, be stupid rich , marry and Fukk Alyssa Milano on a nightly basis in all 3 plugs among other fantasies. Fact is it's all fantasy and generic rhetoric that will never happen and cannot happen. Much like Jill's "plan". Wait a minute is half her list at least not already accomplished and part of our "rights"? I just follow other dumb sheep Mericans and thought we are most free cuntry on earth and rights to education, jobs are a right, justice/liberty for all were part of our democracy and been in working order for decades if not centuries. Oh yeah I just woke up it was a dream!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Brave solutions aka "pipe dream"

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    Brave solutions aka "pipe dream"
    There would be millions more new jobs that would transform this country
    out of the 19th century technological dependence on carbon-based fuels,
    destructive roadways and overdevelopment. It would be like a new
    Tennessee Valley Authority. We need a new paradigm shift to make a
    better world, better transportation and smarter use of our ecological
    footprint without destroying the planet and killing its unique characteristics
    forever. These changes are going to come, the only question is what is left
    when we finally make the changes; will it be anything at all resembling the
    way Earth is supposed to be, or a near-annihilated wasteland from which
    our progeny will curse us for being careless, nihilistic cowards unwilling to
    stand up for the ethical preservation of nature ?

Many advanced societies provide education, job placement and healthcare.
    This is the way of the future. All personal freedoms can be preserved, and
    indeed freedom will increase. We tried the old way and keep getting porked.
    Corporations will never look out for anything except the owners' monetary
    interests unless they are forced to conform to the public good. For the
    public good's sake, it is better that a tiny banking oligarcy is not in charge
    of the workings of the masses who are human beings with talents and abilities
    that often exceed the talents and abilities of their oppressors, who are only
    there based on generational favoritism, colluded racketeering and financial
    and educational suppression of the truth. They stand in the way of real
    progress, suppress breakthrough free energy technologies, suppress environmental
    harmony, and chain the masses with unnecessary servitude to their usurious
    matrix which is in violation of our right to the pursuit of happiness.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'm not saying I don't disagree with you, but there are these things we call "Big Oil" and the "us military industrial complex" and "Wall Street" that will now, and well into the foreseeable future, never allow this transformation.....

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I'm not saying I don't disagree with you, but there are these things we call "Big Oil" and the "us military industrial complex" and "Wall Street" that will now, and well into the foreseeable future, never allow this transformation.....
    Eventually they will. Right now they are content to keep the transformative technologies under wraps
    and hide them from the public, as they do with all the free energy patents they suppress and buy out.
    But the old guard elite, not the nouveau riche, know what is best. Prince Charles has written extensively
    on this subject, his book "Harmony" is excellent. The Club of Rome also is deep into environmental protection
    and new paradigms which can benefit humanity and ecology. Even Vladimir Putin has called for it.
    Free energy has been suppressed since Nicola Tesla built Wardenclyffe, when JP Morgan himself, who
    was nobody but a stooge for the Rothschilds and Rockefellers, pulled his funding when he found out
    it would provide free, self-perpetuating electricity. Tesla even developed wireless transmission of electricity
    and many other things. He was a forerunner of the antigravitic technology that saw deeper advancements
    with Thomas Townsend Brown. The US and other governments confiscated these plans and made them into
    black projects which are today's "UFOs".
    Ironically there is hope even within the Rothschild financial dynasty, as evident in the young David Rothschild. We have to hope he is not murdered from within like Amschel Rothschild was.
    I don't know how far they will allow advancements to extend into the public sphere, right now there are gatekeepers like Elon Musk who are allowed to gradually trickle old technologies into the public domain.
    For example his motor which is the Tesla car was invented in the 1890s by the real Tesla, by far one of Tesla's lesser creations. Here is a show I recently listened to that was quite informative about the suppression of free energy.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-24-16 at 11:50 AM.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Seems to make sense to me but I think she's ahead of her time...