byzness
    byzness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Question about 2:1 bets

Hi all, quick question here. Say you take a hockey team early on the ML at better than 2:1, and the line moves enough to put the other team past 2:1, is it better in the long run to place another bet on the opponent and guarantee a small profit or let the bet stand & hope for a win?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I think if u get caught books will ban u?

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

There's a term for it. I just can't think of it atm

byzness
    byzness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Well it's not my fault the line moved, I'm not trying to arbitrage the bet & it's with the same book. I wanna win outright. But if the possibility should present itself...is it worth taking in the long run
    Last edited by byzness; 03-07-16 at 05:54 PM.

thegoal60
    juice this
    thegoal60's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2253

If your wanting to middle why dont you get an account with 2 books? This way there isnt near the problem.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by byzness View Post
    Hi all, quick question here. Say you take a hockey team early on the ML at better than 2:1, and the line moves enough to put the other team past 2:1, is it better in the long run to place another bet on the opponent and guarantee a small profit or let the bet stand & hope for a win?
    More importantly, this scenario will literally never happen unless a team's plane crashes and they decide to bring in minor league guys. Never in the history of the sport has a team opened at +200 and moved all the way to -225. So who cares.