ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Every gun has a history. Lets not repeat it...

Cool idea if only to get people thinking critically for a time...

http://news.optuszoo.com.au/2015/03/23/the-gun-shop-with-a-conscience/

The gunshop with a conscience...

US GUN-control activists have opened a firearm store in the middle of New York City, filling it with second-hand guns that have been used to kill children as young as nine months to make a point about the dangers of gun use.

States United to Prevent Gun Violence, a not-for-profit organisation against guns, has come up with the tagline: “Every gun has a history. Let’s not repeat it”.

It has also opened a “gun shop” in the middle of Manhattan, posting signs such as “First time gun buyer? We are here to help you!”, to entice potential buyers to inquire about a gun purchase — but at the price of their conscience.

As people give their reasons for buying a gun — “safety, protection” — they are treated to the particular gun’s history — and its horror.

“I’m pro-second amendment, you know, and it’s kind of hard to find that in New York City,” says one customer.

The “shop assistant” nods understandingly before showing him the most “popular” piece — “the easiest gun to use, our most popular one”.

“It’s a 22-calibre, 6-inch revolver,” he says. “It’s also a gun that a five-year-old found in his parents’ bedroom, went down and shot his nine-month-old baby brother with it”.

The customer immediately stops in his tracks, eyes bungling in horror.

Another buyer who picks up the small firearm reads price tag, which explains the gun’s history.

“It says: ‘Shooter, five-year-old kid, one dead’. What does that mean?” the man asks.

Then it drops.

“This is the gun the kid shot? This is the one? This is the one the kid used? Holy sh*t.”

In another attempt to “sell” a “nine-millimetre, semiautomatic, very handy gun,”, the shop assistant also explains just how easy the firearm is to use: “you can carry it in your purse like that girl from Walmart, [where] her three-year-old son reaches into her pocket, pulls it out, shoots her”.

But the most confronting moment comes towards the end, when the “store assistant” reveals one gun was used in one of America’s most traumatic and heart-wrenching mass shootings of late — at Sandy Hook Elementary.

“Collectives love this one. Adam Lanza’s mum had this in her collection too. Till he took this and several other guns and killed her, then went down to Sandy Hook and killed six teachers and 20 kids.

“Twenty little kids, gone — like that.”

Citing other instances of gun “protection”, the store manager talks about parents who “thought, ironically, they were protecting their nine-month-old,” or a mother who “thought she was protecting her two-year-old”.

When interviewed afterwards, even diehard, second amendment supporters were swayed.

“I was pretty blindsighted by the entire history by every gun in that store,” said one shocked customer.

A woman said: “It made me think twice and I would not buy it”, and the couple who believe gun ownership to be the a right confessed to having had their opinion changed.

“You don’t want to be the Walmart case.”

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

But is there a discount is what we want to know.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Oh good, people spending time and resources to push their misappropriation of blame on other people

Despite how many more kids pools "kill" then guns, I doubt a similarly-themed pool supply store would have any impact whatsoever, or be taken for anything but what it was: a blatant attempt to scare people with a misrepresentation of reality.

To be clear, the "kill" is in quotes because pools don't kill kids; parents who refuse to claim responsibility for leaving their children in a dangerous environment do

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Maybe the liquor stores should use this great marketing strategy too.

"Yeah, a guy was in here last week and bought this same bottle of Jim Beam and then went out and ran over a bunch of kids that were trick-or-treating"
    Last edited by Kermit; 03-22-15 at 08:54 PM.
    Points Awarded:

itchypickle gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Cool idea if only to get people thinking critically for a time...

http://news.optuszoo.com.au/2015/03/...-a-conscience/

The gunshop with a conscience...

US GUN-control activists have opened a firearm store in the middle of New York City, filling it with second-hand guns that have been used to kill children as young as nine months to make a point about the dangers of gun use.

States United to Prevent Gun Violence, a not-for-profit organisation against guns, has come up with the tagline: “Every gun has a history. Let’s not repeat it”.

It has also opened a “gun shop” in the middle of Manhattan, posting signs such as “First time gun buyer? We are here to help you!”, to entice potential buyers to inquire about a gun purchase — but at the price of their conscience.

As people give their reasons for buying a gun — “safety, protection” — they are treated to the particular gun’s history — and its horror.

“I’m pro-second amendment, you know, and it’s kind of hard to find that in New York City,” says one customer.

The “shop assistant” nods understandingly before showing him the most “popular” piece — “the easiest gun to use, our most popular one”.

“It’s a 22-calibre, 6-inch revolver,” he says. “It’s also a gun that a five-year-old found in his parents’ bedroom, went down and shot his nine-month-old baby brother with it”.

The customer immediately stops in his tracks, eyes bungling in horror.

Another buyer who picks up the small firearm reads price tag, which explains the gun’s history.

“It says: ‘Shooter, five-year-old kid, one dead’. What does that mean?” the man asks.

Then it drops.

“This is the gun the kid shot? This is the one? This is the one the kid used? Holy sh*t.”

In another attempt to “sell” a “nine-millimetre, semiautomatic, very handy gun,”, the shop assistant also explains just how easy the firearm is to use: “you can carry it in your purse like that girl from Walmart, [where] her three-year-old son reaches into her pocket, pulls it out, shoots her”.

But the most confronting moment comes towards the end, when the “store assistant” reveals one gun was used in one of America’s most traumatic and heart-wrenching mass shootings of late — at Sandy Hook Elementary.

“Collectives love this one. Adam Lanza’s mum had this in her collection too. Till he took this and several other guns and killed her, then went down to Sandy Hook and killed six teachers and 20 kids.

“Twenty little kids, gone — like that.”

Citing other instances of gun “protection”, the store manager talks about parents who “thought, ironically, they were protecting their nine-month-old,” or a mother who “thought she was protecting her two-year-old”.

When interviewed afterwards, even diehard, second amendment supporters were swayed.

“I was pretty blindsighted by the entire history by every gun in that store,” said one shocked customer.

A woman said: “It made me think twice and I would not buy it”, and the couple who believe gun ownership to be the a right confessed to having had their opinion changed.

“You don’t want to be the Walmart case.”
    Propaganda at it's finest. I'd laugh tell the Liberal POS how the rifle and pistol have saved countless more lives and secures our freedom. These idiots think thy are being clever and I'd pull up the video of the crazy dude who broke into some women's house with security alarm sounding beats her, rapes her and kills her in front of her 7 Y/O Daughter, then rapes and kills the Daughter as Mom is still clenching phone talking to 911.
    So, Yawn, i'm not buying the propaganda.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

And every coochy I was able to penetrate, I did. Fukk u cooch.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this any different than PETA or the anti abortion people and their attempts to shock?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Who do you vote for if you are both Pro-Choice and Pro-Gun?

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Who do you vote for if you are both Pro-Choice and Pro-Gun?
    Easy... Libertarian Party Candidate... Johnson last time 'round, most likely this time around as well.

He got my vote in '12

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I don't like parties that are religious either though.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

I don't like parties that are religious either though.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Are the libertarians unaffiliated with religion?

I figured if anyone was going to vote for you in any sizeable numbers you had to at least pretend that you like god.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Are the libertarians unaffiliated with religion?

I figured if anyone was going to vote for you in any sizeable numbers you had to at least pretend that you like god.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Libertarian+Party

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    I stopped reading when I saw this.

Triple_D_Bet

Keep reading...if you don't, you're likely to end up part of the problem (people who would rather support people with bad ideas who might "win" and do bad things, instead of people with good ideas)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Irrelevant to The Party's intellectual perspicacity/correctness on many issues.

That the U.S. body politic are 2-party lackeys that can't think beyond who's dating Beiber reflects poorly on them... not the Libertarian Party.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Keep reading...if you don't, you're likely to end up part of the problem (people who would rather support people with bad ideas who might "win" and do bad things, instead of people with good ideas)
    Trip I am not an American citizen. I cannot vote for any party good or bad.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

boeingpower is Canadian and it didn't seem to stop him (he voted in Florida... true story).

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

boeingpower is Canadian and it didn't seem to stop him (he voted in Florida... true story).

They're coming for him now

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

They're coming for him now

Who's coming for him?
    The NSA?... or the looney bin?

I'm good buds w/him and even *I* couldn't tell ya.

get in here boer!!!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I think we are too late...

Triple_D_Bet

It's not just a problem in the US
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Triple_D_Bet 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Triple_D_Bet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Triple_D_Bet 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Propaganda at it's finest. I'd laugh tell the Liberal POS how the rifle and pistol have saved countless more lives and secures our freedom. These idiots think thy are being clever and I'd pull up the video of the crazy dude who broke into some women's house with security alarm sounding beats her, rapes her and kills her in front of her 7 Y/O Daughter, then rapes and kills the Daughter as Mom is still clenching phone talking to 911.
    So, Yawn, i'm not buying the propaganda.
    Almost everything you read contains a degree of propoganda or an agenda that the author wants to illustrate so whats your point here?

I think that shop scares pro gun groups. I mean, its a shop that says alot without really saying much at all...

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    And every coochy I was able to penetrate, I did. Fukk u cooch.
    The sediment always finds its way to the bottom...

How you doing angry man?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Boeing is one of the few true sharp cats on this site!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

recon1
    Yep

Almost everything you read contains a degree of propoganda or an agenda that the author wants to illustrate so whats your point here?

I think that shop scares pro gun groups. I mean, its a shop that says alot without really saying much at all...
    You would be making a point if you were referencing a commercial product like: body soap, cologne etc. What were are talking here is a Constitutionally protected right that is law of the land. Big difference.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Boeing is one of the few true sharp cats on this site!
    I heart boer... miss him @ the poker tables.

Said he'd swing by in his plane sometime so I could jump along for a ride... might have to take him up on it cuz he hasn't been 'round ol SBR all too often of late.
    Hope it's just busy w/work and not probs w/the GF...

Btw, he voted Obama.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I heart boer... miss him @ the poker tables.

Said he'd swing by in his plane sometime so I could jump along for a ride... might have to take him up on it cuz he hasn't been 'round ol SBR all too often of late.
    Hope it's just busy w/work and not probs w/the GF...

Btw, he voted Obama.
    Hey I once voted for Obama too...we all make mistakes in life I guess
    It is important to remember though, not to make the same mistakes more than once

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Hey I once voted for Obama too...we all make mistakes in life I guess
    It is important to remember though, not to make the same mistakes more than once
    Exactly, Rocketeer.
    I can't lie, I voted for Obama in '08, too.
    So did Tripper.
    (For me, I so desperately wanted a true change in how Washington operated; was promised transparency, "hope & change", more yadda yadda bullshit. Fool me once.....)

I want society to protect and help the *truly* misfortunate ones that need a helping hand... NOT a bloated gov't that makes it easy for scammers & deadbeats to exploit a corrupt system.
    Obama transparency?...

Thing is, boe voted Obama in '12.
    Canuck should have known better by then!... Johnson was sitting right there on the ballot!!!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Exactly, Rocketeer.
    I can't lie, I voted for Obama in '08, too.
    So did Tripper.
    (For me, I so desperately wanted a true change in how Washington operated; was promised transparency, "hope & change", more yadda yadda bullshit. Fool me once.....)

I want society to protect and help the *truly* misfortunate ones that need a helping hand... NOT a bloated gov't that makes it easy for scammers & deadbeats to exploit a corrupt system.
    Obama transparency?...

Thing is, boe voted Obama in '12.
    Canuck should have known better by then!... Johnson was sitting right there on the ballot!!!
    that changes everything

I also voted Obama in '08...didn't vote in '12 at all though, because I wasn't in US long enough during that and previous years to follow closely every candidate.
    Barack inherited a total mess of a country as far as the economy goes and he did save America from one of the biggest financial disasters of all times - I'll give him that...but after that, especially during his 2nd term, I'm not exactly sure WTF did he do to make lives of average Americans better and safer.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Russian Rocket 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Russian Rocket 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Russian Rocket 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Someone get that weak shit outta here.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

And all the supposed financial reforms (under Obama) to prevent another near economic apocalypse seem to be nothing but smoke & mirrors, as the banks are still doing shady/risky bundling just in different ways.

Pete and Roger mighta been on to sumpthin: "Meet the new boss... same as the old boss". Not in domestic and foreign programs/policy and the like, but certainly when it comes to BIG MONEY for the truly BIG WORLD MONEY PLAYERS/INSTITUTIONS.

And as only idiots didn't learn long ago... ultimately... money *is* what makes the world go round.
    ALWAYS... and FOREVER.
    Simple Simon stuff: just follow it.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    You would be making a point if you were referencing a commercial product like: body soap, cologne etc. What were are talking here is a Constitutionally protected right that is law of the land. Big difference.
    Too bad it's about 150 years out of date..

If you really think your puny firearms will protect you from gov then man o man you as gullible as those whose imaginations lead them believe there exists a heaven/hell...

Can really see your shotguns stopping an military attack (look at boston. Dont think they wouldnt do it)...

Triple_D_Bet

that changes everything

I also voted Obama in '08...didn't vote in '12 at all though, because I wasn't in US long enough during that and previous years to follow closely every candidate.
    Barack inherited a total mess of a country as far as the economy goes and he did save America from one of the biggest financial disasters of all times - I'll give him that...but after that, especially during his 2nd term, I'm not exactly sure WTF did he do to make lives of average Americans better and safer.
    I was guilty in 08 as well, but learned better in '12

Thankfully, it really doesn't take much time these days to figure out who to vote for; applying a "Does this person support freedom?" test disqualifies most candidates real quickly

If you really think your puny firearms will protect you from gov then man o man you as gullible as those whose imaginations lead them believe there exists a heaven/hell...

Can really see your shotguns stopping an military attack (look at boston. Dont think they wouldnt do it)...
    No expiration date on the Constitution, and while it should definitely be updated, it contains processes to do it. The sad truth is people would rather subject others (and ultimately themselves) to the tyrannies of bare majorities and "re-interpret" the Constitution instead of changing it.

As for firearms protecting citizens from governments...I can think of a couple examples in recent history in which small groups of individuals caused (and continue to cause) a disproportionate amount of trouble for the largest military in the world. Those groups might not be winning in the conventional sense, but their resistance (and the fact that our continued misguided attempts to enforce our will ends up with us spending massive amounts of $$ we don't have) negatively affects not only our ability to fight, but our stability as a country. A citizenry armed even with infantry weapons serves as a check on any military that is looking to enforce it's will on a population.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

recon1
    Yep

What is "150 years out of date"? the Constitution? You mean the document that gives you the fredoms you have?

My "puny firearms" protecting me from what government? What government did i reference? Please loosen up you're tin foil hat.

You have no reason to condescene God, the rights you enjoy are endowed by our creator (God) in this country. Rights aren't given by government or anybody else. The liberty you are making a lame attempt of discreditng were based off of God.

Again, who's talking about shotguns? what does the City of Boston have anything to do with what you are saying?

Boy, you are a mental mess. Myabe you accidentally quoted me and meant someone else, don't know how else to explain your post.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave recon1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.