Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Manning is out -- Colts are idiots

You got a chance to go 19-0... and a chance to keep momentum... Fukkin' terrible decision.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Wonder if he comes back in... Which he should... But if he does, it shows that the Colts have no idea what they're doing... Just bad, bad, bad all the way around.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

PISSES ME OFF!!! CRAP!!

Now they are gonna loss FUK

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

I'm even a Pats fan, but as a football fan, I still HATE this decision!!! WHAT IS THE RISK OF LEAVING YOUR STARTERS IN??!?! You can get hurt ANY TIME anyway!!! You've got a friggin' BYE WEEK to rest! Play the fukkin' game!!! Don't you think those players want a chance to go undefeated? Terrible terrible terrible terrible TERRIBLE decision.

And look at their past... every time they sit guys they get bounced in Week 1. The one time they didn't, they won the Super Bowl.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is worse than the bill belecheck clock call

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

THATS WHY YOU DONT HIRE NIGERIAN HEAD COACHS THE F-CKING BONE HEAD DOESNT EVEN KNOW HIS TEAM IS UNDEFEATED THATS HOW F-CKING DUMB THE GUY IS

THIS TEAM IS TOAST NOW THE PATRIOTS ARE LAUGHING KNOWING THEY HAVE THESE CHOKERS RIGHT WHERE THEY WANT THEM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I love this, my Jets -3.5 +300 is looking ultra juicy right now...

Thanks Colts!!!!

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

This really shouldn't suprise anyone though. They've been saying they would rest players all along.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2548

can't believe how upset this has people, when we knew all along it would happen

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    This really shouldn't suprise anyone though. They've been saying they would rest players all along.

yep.

I can't believe anyone in here is suprised.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will help them in the playoffs. They wont have to put up with the 19-0 talk.

kw071
    kw071's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

they released a statement before the game saying manning would play as long as game stayed competitive...

also, why the hell would you play him first half if this was the plan all along?

so stupid... bad coaching

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Jim Nance made a good point that Peyton has been in the league 12yrs and has never been injured. Why not keep him in??

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Look at Manning on the sideline.... Did not look like a person that expected this at that time

RockoSocko
    RockoSocko's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeh why even show up to the game... tell the jets don't bother flying out cause we forfeit... this is bullshit - you don't want to win but you'll damn sure have a game so your fans will buy tickets and beer... colts make me sick, unreal bad managerial decision

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15367

Why not just forfeit? What a joke. If I were a fan I would be pissed.

That back up sucks and you can tell Manning is pissed.

slacker00

As we can see, the Colts are nothing without Manning. Why risk injuring the only chance you have to win in the postseason?

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

I was hoping this would happen in the fourth, but the colts have been doing this everytime they flirted with an undefeated season. It just sucks that it happened so early. I'm equally mad that i didn't remove this from a live line when i saw them pan onto painter before the colts got the ball.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

With all due respect, anyone who bet on INDY today deserves this. This game was either a no play of a Jets play IMO

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    yep.

I can't believe anyone in here is suprised.
    Many coaches would have gone for perfection. Probably half of the coaches in the NFL would have gone for it.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15367

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    With all due respect, anyone who bet on INDY today deserves this. This game was either a no play of a Jets play IMO
    I thought the Colts would go for a perfect season like every other team has done. They have no integrity for the game and I hope they get crushed in the playoff's. Fuk them.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by RockoSocko View Post
    yeh why even show up to the game... tell the jets don't bother flying out cause we forfeit... this is bullshit - you don't want to win but you'll damn sure have a game so your fans will buy tickets and beer... colts make me sick, unreal bad managerial decision
    Exactly. If Peyton gets hurt then so what, he got hurt trying to do something historical.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Many coaches would have gone for perfection. Probably half of the coaches in the NFL would have gone for it.
    How many of those coaches could have gotten to 14-0?

I doubt this was the coach's decision anyway. I think it's all Bill Polian protecting his team from the front office. This plan was in place all week. Check out the injury reports and roster signings. This one was plain as day.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    How many of those coaches could have gotten to 14-0?
    My point is that (hypothetically) if all the head coaches in the NFL were put in that situation, many of them would have played their starters to win the game.

And the Colts would have won this game if they left their starters in.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

They dont care about the fans nor my 300 dollares fcuk them all

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11408

I hate that franchise. It's really a knock on the integrity of the league. Look at how tanking this game setup the Jet's for the playoffs. They do this shit every year and Goodell should stop this bullshit. It's not professional and borders on collusion.

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Wheww I got off real lucky here

I had em at -4
    My dads book had em at -7
    We bet $1000 on both sides of it
    there for a bit it was looking good
    I lost the sugar of my part of $50
    but I would of atleast bet 300 or more had it not been for the middle option

I turned it off , cut my losses
    you could tell something was up when the kick off for touchdown was returned
    I could tell something was up in his expression when that happened
    I cant blame em
    but its one thing to get a taste of defeat and something else when the players resent you
    got the feeling the players didnt appreciate it at all
    will see

slacker00

If the Colts win the SB, it still matches the Dolphins in my mind. 14-0 plus 3-0 equals 17-0. Everyone knows the Colts gave this game away because it didn't mean anything. What, were they supposed to have went 4-0 in the preseason as well?!

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

to add
    Ive won a ton on the colts this year
    if your mad about the little bit you lost today
    you got on their ban wagon too late

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Absolutely a terrible decision. Manning was not happy. They should have brought him back in after that pathetic no-name backup lost the ball and the Jets scored. Demoralizing for the players. You work your ass off all game on defense and offense only to let a perfect season be squandered by a Nigerian head coach. Not good. This will come back and bite them in the ass in the playoffs - guaranteed.

BubbleBobble
    BubbleBobble's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guys defending this crap decision are a good example of why i stopped being a fan of any team very long ago...

You don't get it, the colts lost more than the chance to go undefeated.
    This is a foul to fair play, disgusting for the whole sport, now the Jets might slip in and they didn't even earn it. And the Colts made it possible. How can a fan be proud of his team now?
    Who gives a fukking shit about who wins the superbowl, if decisions like todays play a role? LOL i don't for sure, fukk them and whoever gave order to do this.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by kw071 View Post
    they released a statement before the game saying manning would play as long as game stayed competitive... also, why the hell would you play him first half if this was the plan all along? so stupid... bad coaching
    I was on the Colts 1H only because of this concern. That said, I hate the decision to sit him. If you are going to worry about injury, why not sit him after the 1Q? Why play him at all? They are almost a month away from their next meaningful game. At some point you end up flat. I'm not saying that the Colts lack of success in the playoff is entirely attributable to this but, at some point, you have to question.

If I were a coach, I play every game as though it matters. To quote Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." I think it sets the team up for success better than resting players.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dance MFers!..Dance!!!

12 Last