mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

Futures

Let's hear some thoughts on futures here. I like the following:

NYR +275 to win the metro division
    MTL/TBL +330 to win the Atlantic division

Finally, as homer as it may be, I think there is real value in MN Wild +475 to win the central. The wild will have much better output offensively this year, with the addition of Vanek, breakout years for Coyle, Nino N., Granlund. The Wild's PP should be a ton better, and for once, we have 2 healthy goalies.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by mnwild11 View Post

Finally, as homer as it may be, I think there is real value in MN Wild +475 to win the central. The wild will have much better output offensively this year, with the addition of Vanek, breakout years for Coyle, Nino N., Granlund. The Wild's PP should be a ton better, and for once, we have 2 healthy goalies.
    Your Rangers play is just flushing money down the toilet, not going to happen. Montreal/Tampa Bay not bad but unlikely. Minnesota is your best value but doubtful as well. Good luck.

mnwild11

so who would you pick as the division winners? I would have a hard time seeing all favorites to win, at least IMO.

tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Division winners?

Bruins/Pens/Hawks/Ducks. (call me old fashioned.) But wouldn't bet any of them yet as prices just aren't worth it.
    Wait until they lose a couple of games. One of these 4 won't probably start well (10 games in maybe a 4-4-2 something like that will make the price increase a bit!)

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    Division winners?

Bruins/Pens/Hawks/Ducks. (call me old fashioned.) But wouldn't bet any of them yet as prices just aren't worth it.
    Wait until they lose a couple of games. One of these 4 won't probably start well (10 games in maybe a 4-4-2 something like that will make the price increase a bit!)

Agree with all but pacific as think SJ wins it but all 3 Cali teams will be very close in my opinion

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Instead of trying to hit a home run with a big payoff (which likely won't happen) just bet the total points or total wins futures for each of your teams. You'll actually win some money instead of losing all of it.

No one has ever gone broke winning small and greedy pigs always get slaughtered. Just food for thought, best of luck to you.

mnwild11

Ended up just taking the Wild at +475.

Not huge into the futures market, but value can be had.

Best of luck to all

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Ended up just taking the Wild at +475.

Not huge into the futures market, but value can be had.

Best of luck to all
    Good luck, not sure they have goaltending to win division.

mnwild11

yep, the goalie situation is definitely the biggest question mark for the wild. However, both Backstrom and Kuemper have shown they can play, and when they are hot they play very very well.