Originally posted on 07/17/2014:

Are you serious?

Daddy Bush fukked us in the ass with his "No New Taxes" bullshit. Then his spending on wars we shouldn't have been fighting, billions on his BS war on drugs, largest budget deficits in US history, highest unemployment in history, drove us into an economic recession. He screwed me by increasing the marginal tax rate but largely by phasing out exemptions for high earners and increasing the capital gains tax. His NAFTA agreement hurt many low income workers in the US and we are just now feeling the effect with so many people bombarding our borders as a result. Black Monday under his watch saw the largest single day drop in the stock market, worst than the collapse of 1929. Most people's 401k's plummeted 30% in a few hours. While the economy went from bad to worse. No I didn't make any money under daddy Bush.

George W reduced tax rates and capital gains but we had the mortgage crisis and increased government spending, the most since Lyndon Johnson, adding to the national debt. Bush's cuts reduced the capability of funding Social Security, Medicare, schools, research, local infrastructures. Education in America was obliterated under Bush. We use to be one of the smartest nations in the world. Today, we are one of the worst. Bush's lack of investing in our youth is to be blamed.

I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I don't give a shit about either party. I am an opportunist and I'm pro America. I made money in spite of the Bush's. They had nothing to do with it. I will give them credit for building up the state of Texas (where I currently live). The state has had a lot of success the past decade and they were a big reason.

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
Didn't make any money during any of the Bush terms??

Figures, you are fond of dicks