PAPSMEAR
    PAPSMEAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What the F$ck is goin on with NBA this season?

I'm done with it. Not sure what my record is this year but I must be hitting around 20%, if that. Tried everything. Taking/fading my own picks, ML, spreads, totals. Straight out, parlays, teasers. You name it i've done it and lost. I've followed/faded other cappers. There is no rhyme or reason to the season. Form/statistics count for nothing. This is the first year in 5 seasons that I've got routed. I'm killing the books on college football and getting killed on NBA. Is it just me or is everyone finding it tough work? This is normally my sport of choice to invest on, but I'm done with it this year. If you are hitting high numbers this year you are either an exceptional capper or plain f&ck'n lucky IMO.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a look at my record, that might cheer you up a bit...

PAPSMEAR

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    Take a look at my record, that might cheer you up a bit...
    it looks like your sharing my pain WG

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

The favs are hitting silly, stick to your guns and mark my word there will be a vast change in that, its gonna kill people that havent bet NBA.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

agreed. Only strategy I have figured that works with some success is taking the points on double digit dogs. Look at tonight for instance:

76ers +12.5 kept it close all game but down 8 in the fourth now
    Warriors +15 down by 1 at half
    Grizzlies +11.5 up 3 in the 2nd.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thoughts (feel free to disagree / respond):

I'm actually having an easier time with the NBA this year than ever before, but I credit 99% of that to a decision to stop betting all other sports and focus solely on the NBA. I found when I was splitting my time I wouldn't spend enough time to properly cap the games and isolate value. Instead I would be more prone to betting a team that I thought of as good or that I wanted to win, neglecting their current form. All my sports suffered at times because of a lack of attention paid to the small details.

The other thing I'll say is that after 5 years, maybe you've fallen into patterns that aren't necessarily compatible with the action & trends this year and you need to take a fresh outlook. There are definitely some team dynamic changes this season that are very noticeable in the games. If you're killing the CFB, maybe stick to that and don't touch the NBA until football is done.

Either way you choose to go, good luck.

PaperCha$er
    PaperCha$er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. I think the NBA is the hardest sport to cap. You never know when guys are gonna half-ass games.

PAPSMEAR

from 5 bets it's 0-2 so far, likely to be 0-3 shortly, tied up in the 4th bet with 5th bet yet to start...another great day at the office. nba scumbags

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

What is going on with Orlando... 16-0 run by Miami late in the 4th... Vince, Dwight, and Pietrus sitting most of the time on the bench. C'mon... There's no way I can take Orlando over Atlanta tomorrow after this performance.

PAPSMEAR

Examples from today so far:
    1. 116-81 charlotte over toronto...a 35 point win...i've taken charlotte that many times this season only to get a fade out flogging
    2. Clips lose to Indiana by 13 after leading by 9 at half time and scoring a laughable 30 points in total for the last half. 30 points in 24 minutes of ball. Unbelieveable.
    Anyone that can cap successfully cap this type of shit is a genius

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    What is going on with Orlando... 16-0 run by Miami late in the 4th... Vince, Dwight, and Pietrus sitting most of the time on the bench. C'mon... There's no way I can take Orlando over Atlanta tomorrow after this performance.
    I'm on Orlando in this one...no chance in winning it now, it's not easy to sit through a 16-0 run against the team you're on

SportsTerminator

I have Orlando -1.5 in a teaser... C'mon Orlando I just need a basket LOL. Dwight Please make both free throws lol.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I had Pacers -5.5. Thought I was doomed all game until the 2nd half. Crazy.

Heat +10.5 one of the easier plays tonight. I always take double-digit dogs on primetime ESPN/TNT games. They tend to stay close.

SportsTerminator

And please stop Wade anyone.

SportsTerminator

Vinceeeeeeee!!!

SportsTerminator

Unbelievable just Dwight is 20 feet tall and he can't grab a rebound. And Jason Williams can't hit at least ONE free throw. Pathetic performance by Orlando. -10.5 what a joke.

PAPSMEAR

Example 3:

Miami beat Orlando at home after miami score 16 unanswered points in the 4th 1/4 to win
    ...how do you cap that shit?

PAPSMEAR

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    Unbelievable just Dwight is 20 feet tall and he can't grab a rebound. And Jason Williams can't hit at least ONE free throw. Pathetic performance by Orlando. -10.5 what a joke.
    Agreed...that's my point. NBA is a joke this year. Shit is happening that shouldn't be happening.

SportsTerminator

Unbelievable... apparently Orlando can't beat good teams at home... blown out by Cleveland and beaten by Miami both on national television. Fade Orlando when on Espn or tnt. Jason Williams what a joke what a joke. And good job Van Gundy on using ALL the timeouts on inbounding the ball. And another good job on keeping the starters on the bench for a long time throughout the game. 16-0 run what a joke.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

NBA is my favorite sport to bet. Some like NFL, to me that is a joke, NFL is the most rigged shit ever, one play ONE PLAY in the NFL can **** you, its very rare that any one play in the NBA costs you. Some people are just better off betting something besides NBA.

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

What the fk?

Did Dallas go on a 26-0 run in the first half??? I saw Houston up by 11 early then checked 15 mins later and they were down by 15. WOW

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    What the fk?

Did Dallas go on a 32-0 run in the first half??? I saw Houston up by 11 early then checked 15 mins later and they were down by 20. WOW
    Dawg I had H-town, thats just how the NBA goes down, use money mangement and it wont mean shit but a winning season.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

management*

PAPSMEAR

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    What the fk?

Did Dallas go on a 32-0 run in the first half??? I saw Houston up by 11 early then checked 15 mins later and they were down by 20. WOW
    not sure as didn't play that game (surprised I didn't take houston) but don't doubt it. nothing suprises me though this year with the nba. again how do you allow for that crap when capping games?

PAPSMEAR

1-3 (GO HORNETS IN OT) with one parlay to go.

SportsTerminator

And how about Boston when was the last time they covered... sad. Any thoughts on tomorrow... Jazz -7 or Bulls... You can't really trust neither of them. Jazz have been playing like crap at home barely beating Detroit in OT and losing to Oklahoma City. And the Bulls have one only 1 of 3 road games the other two being blowouts. And this will be their 4th road game. So I don't know... I might roll with Atlanta tomorrow if the line is low hoping for nothing higher than -2 lol against Orlando.

PAPSMEAR

I like the bulls (not playing though as banning myself from NBA after today)...fade and prosper ST...money in the bank for you

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Beat the closing line, and you will win a majority of your bets. I'm a college student, that does most of my homework on the computer. So monitoring line movement is very easy for me.

Create some boundaries... I never bet the OVER on totals higher than 210, and nver bet the UNDER on totals lower than 180. Find a way to get some inside info like these podcast I listen to.. http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ive?id=3634017

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Beat the closing line, and you will win a majority of your bets. I'm a college student, that does most of my homework on the computer. So monitoring line movement is very easy for me.

Create some boundaries... I never bet the OVER on totals higher than 210, and nver bet the UNDER on totals lower than 180. Find a way to get some inside info like these podcast I listen to.. http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ive?id=3634017
    Houly is one of my faves on here. Kid knows hoops, knows gambling, and he got TX in his SN, STUD.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Like the OP, I am finished with my 2 week NBA betting adventure.
    It is impossible to handicap a game where players don't even try some games.
    I go 6-1 one night, and 1-6 the next using the same methods for picking games. It's just retarded.
    1 loss means nothing to these overpaid NBA thugs (I apologize to the few players that always give 100%), and they know it.

Anyway, I picked about 54% during a 2 week period. Not terrible. But I'm losing money.

I am going to take whats left in my sportbook account, and try my luck at some pro football.

Good luck to you all, with this mess.

Jerm

PAPSMEAR

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Houly is one of my faves on here. Kid knows hoops, knows gambling, and he got TX in his SN, STUD.
    Agreed Houls is da man. One of the best college football cappers around. Often tail him. Your NBA record (if true - not saying it is or it isn't) is awesome. Have you posted all of your plays to accord with your record? Do you have an ongoing thread? If you can win with me tailing you, you will be knighted by the Queen of England

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Texas all day. Thanks for the compliment also. I need Portland to put the Nets away for a sweep.

PAPSMEAR

took the over in the kings games. looked home. But NO. knicks and kings (2 teams with no defence) combined in last 1/4 have scored 20 combined with 3 left on the clock. NBA =

PAPSMEAR

1-4 for the day for me...if nothing else kept my 20% win strike rate in tact. Bye bye NBA

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

its tough this time of year...itll get better later on

not just myself, but a lot of people i know are getting killed thus far

12 Last