No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Better for ratings: Lakers/Spurs, Rockets/Thunder

I'm anticipating a Laker win tonight so that Harden gets to go against his old squad in the first round. NBA also knows that the Lakers would get run out of the gym in a series vs. OKC, whereas against banged-up SA, they have a shot and it would be an interesting, grinding series that will keep the Lakers in it for a longer period of time.

Thoughts?

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

hard to disagree with this logic

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rockets/Thunder. Lakers minus kobe just doesn't have the star power to drive ratings. Spurs lack any superstar players also. Rockets/Thunder will have the Harden vs his old team dynamic as well as 2 teams that can put up points.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Rockets/Thunder. Lakers minus kobe just doesn't have the star power to drive ratings. Spurs lack any superstar players also. Rockets/Thunder will have the Harden vs his old team dynamic as well as 2 teams that can put up points.
    Yeah, I should've clarified in my title to say that these two matchups are what I'm anticipating from the first round, instead of Lakers/Thunder and Rockets/Spurs. I wasn't asking which was the better out of the two -- I just think this is the combo the NBA wants. Sorry for the confusion.

cpay
    cpay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Good Point

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You know these will be the matchups.

It's so predictable.