rick_213
    rick_213's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the 'Nucks Done?

I don't think so. I don't see them losing 3 straight games, and they are a good road team in a similar type of situation. If they can maybe build a 4 or 5 goal lead they could win or better yet just stay tied and win it in OT!

Canucks win Game 6 in Chicago.

Any thoughts??

Nugget
    Nugget's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way jose. hawks goin to the stanley cup.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, the 'Nucks are done.

The Blakhawks are controlling the tempo, and the Canucks can not keep up. Unless they find the recipe that worked for them in Game 3 in a hurry, this series is over.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8954

ducks win today

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post
    Yes, the 'Nucks are done.

The Blakhawks are controlling the tempo, and the Canucks can not keep up. Unless they find the recipe that worked for them in Game 3 in a hurry, this series is over.
    Dave,

Why are the Canucks losing so many leads in this series?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    Dave,

Why are the Canucks losing so many leads in this series?
    They let off the gas once they take the lead and stop trying to score. Game 4 was terrible. They had 1 of 5 guys cross Chicago's blueline almost the whole 3rd period, and the rest pretty much clogging up the neutral zone. They rely on Luongo to save their ass too much I'll admit that. Recipe for disaster.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

DG pretty much covers it...

Chicago has proven how dangerous they are on offense, and that they can score in bunches.

Vancouver's inability to control the puck down low and not getting consistent efforts from their top lines is leaving Chicago way too much room to get into their comfort zone and score goals.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Do you guys see Vancouver winning back to back games against the Hawks?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

It is definitely possible for them to do it, but as a Canucks fan I can't help but feel a little nervous after the last few games.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    It is definitely possible for them to do it, but as a Canucks fan I can't help but feel a little nervous after the last few games.
    Glad to see you've changed your tune now that reality has set in.

Vancouver will never win a Stanley Cup.

Canadas team? LOL.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post

Canadas team? LOL.

What a sensible comment from a goofy Leaves fan. Typical stupid Toronto brain dead response when nothing creative or informative can be said.

The fact is, Toronto is arguably the laughing stock among the current NHL teams. All the $$$ but a lousy team for years and years. Truly pathetic franchise.

Ya, the Canucks may never win the Cup, a lot of teams may never, but one thing for sure, Vancouver will win it long before Toronto ever does. They have showed a lot a character this year and were counted out several time during the season but battled through injuries and ended 3rd in their conference. They are 2 wins away from the conference finals. They are a good, young, fast team with potential and are headed in the right direction.

Complete opposite of the Leaves who were out of the play-offs by the begging of November.

spin that

so suck it!
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 05-11-09 at 12:27 PM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Canadas team? LOL.

Ahh jealously. I can't blame you being jealous since you have the worst team in Canada year after year. Last time you made it deep in the playoffs we kicked your team's ass too. Tough life you live.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    What a sensible comment from a goofy Leaves fan. Typical stupid Toronto brain dead response when nothing creative or informative can be said.

The fact is, Toronto is arguably the laughing stock among the current NHL teams. All the $$$ but a lousy team for years and years. Truly pathetic franchise.

Ya, the Canucks may never win the Cup, a lot of teams may never, but one thing for sure, Vancouver will win it long before Toronto ever does. They have showed a lot a character this year and were counted out several time during the season but battled through injuries and ended 3rd in their conference. They are 2 wins away from the conference finals. They are a good, young, fast team with potential and are headed in the right direction.

Complete opposite of the Leaves who were out of the play-offs by the begging of November.

spin that

so suck it!
    Well written. Let's not forget at the start of the year 90% of analysts projected the Canucks to miss the playoffs.

betplom
    maniac

Poor boy, couldn't handle that I brought up the fact this Canucks team isn't good enough to win the Cup, so you started making fun of the Leafs, I never claimed the Leafs were a Cup contender - but you started talking like the Canucks are the Oilers of the 80's and the cup was theirs for the taking.

Fact is many teams have gone a long time between cup wins.

Chicago has a longer Cup drought than Toronto.

Boston, Philly haven't won since the 70's.

Islanders since early eighties.

Vancouver - ZERO Cups - and still a long way away from winning.
    St. Louis - Ditto.

Fact is the Toronto Maple Leafs are the most valuable NHL franchise and the most important NHL team in Canada, why?

Because the population of the greater Toronto area is double the population of the province of BC, and the Leafs are popular across Canada regardless of their lack of success while the Canucks are popular only in Vancouver.

There are more Leaf fans than any other team in this country and it irks small time teams/markets like Vancouver.

Don't get me started about your silly "Canadas team" the Canucks, we in the East could care less about the Canucks, I'd rather see the Wings win so that my fellow Ontarians in Windsor can celebrate another win with the Detroit Red Wings.

Vancouver got more attention than they deserved because they were the only Canadian team left in the playoffs.

If Toronto made the playoffs we wouldn't hear a word about Vancouver.

For me, it comes down to $$, I Bet on Chicago to win the series, you Van guys kept on talking shit saying that money bet on the 'Hawks was money thrown away, funny stuff.

Finally I want to thank you, normally I wouldn't give the Canucks a thought but you made me dislike the team and hope they get eliminated, should that happen a Chicago win will be much more satisfying.

Go Hawks!

DwightShrute

"Vancouver - ZERO Cups"

wrong again! getting the be a common theme

Stanley Cup Winners:

1914-15 - Vancouver Millionaires

DwightShrute

betplom "Fact is the Toronto Maple Leafs are the most valuable NHL franchise and the most important NHL team in Canada, why?

Because the population of the greater Toronto area is double the population of the province of BC, and the Leafs are popular across Canada regardless of their lack of success while the Canucks are popular only in Vancouver."

Maybe the Leaves are the most valuable but that is the only Factual statement made. That make it even more pathetic

fact: 1967
    fact: worst franchise in sports in 40 years
    fact: I forgot more about hockey that you will ever know

betplom
    maniac

"Vancouver - ZERO Cups"

wrong again! getting the be a common theme

Stanley Cup Winners:

1914-15 - Vancouver Millionaires
    Ahh, your desperate. Nice.

How many Cups do the " Vancouver Canucks" have?

fact: I forgot more about hockey that you will ever know
    That would be difficult to believe after reading your evaluation of the Canucks chances.

I believe you are simply angry at the fact that a Toronto handicapper predicted and bet on a Chicago series win.

Remember, in Canada the east is important, Vancouver is an afterthought.
    Last edited by betplom; 05-11-09 at 11:04 PM.

DwightShrute

Ahh, your desperate. Nice.

How many Cups do the "Canucks" have?

Ok , that was tongue in cheek

Even though I think you are generally unfair with you view of the Canucks, I will acknowledge your correct prediction. Perhaps, it more busting balls than not. They had a pretty good year and have an exciting young fast team as do the Hawks. It was a great series by both teams and Vancouver never went down without a fight.

congrats

betplom
    maniac

Ok , that was tongue in cheek

Even though I think you are generally unfair with you view of the Canucks, I will acknowledge your correct prediction. Perhaps, it more busting balls than not. They had a pretty good year and have an exciting young fast team as do the Hawks. It was a great series by both teams and Vancouver never went down without a fight.

congrats
    Dwight, of the three Vancouver guys here you have been the most sensible.

When the series started I simply stated I liked the Hawks and wasn't very impressed with the Canucks, it wasn't meant to be taken personally, but it was for whatever reason ( I think my location riles you guys up) and the attacks began, I've been around here since 2006 and have had to deal with all kinds of troublemakers and the like, I'm not intimidated by anything and don't take internet posting seriously. Most guys here know I like busting balls, sometimes its too easy.

Dennis Green was lots of fun, not as much fun as Nicky Santoro and his Habs, but close.

DwightShrute

cheers eh
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-16-15 at 11:24 AM. Reason: image does not exist