face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

anyone watching pens/jets game? what is "refusal to play" penalty?

not watching, just see it on nhl.com as the reason for a penalty. i'm watching another game. is it when they keep the puck against the boards for too long?

Hobocha
    Hobocha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i think it's when a team has a delayed penalty called on them and they purposely avoid touching the puck to waste more time, like they were already shorthanded and got a delayed penalty and wanted to waste more PP time by not touching it... i could be wrong lol

PredHead
    PredHead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Anybody take the under in this game? Ouch...

eXon
    eXon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Pens looking good here, 5 points for the amazing Malkin, and yeah, no offense, but I gotta laugh at everyone who had the under here that is one big miss ^^ Had 200$ on the over 5,5 and 300$ on Pens

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 970

Quote Originally Posted by eXon View Post
    Pens looking good here, 5 points for the amazing Malkin, and yeah, no offense, but I gotta laugh at everyone who had the under here that is one big miss ^^ Had 200$ on the over 5,5 and 300$ on Pens
    I had $1500 on the Over and $1000 on the Pens.. Parlayed that with Islanders, Bruins, NYR Over and the Ott O for $500

Cruizer
    Cruizer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

there are several reasons why, the boards reason, or when philly wasnt bringing that puck up the ice when tampa was trapping few months back. Im most cases when the refs have the discretion to call this penalty they just yell at the guys to play or blow a whistle for a faceoff.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Refusal to play? This is the first I've heard of that penalty and it sounds like the lamest thing around. NHL has a ways to learn from the NFL in my opinion. Cheers

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Thanks Dragon for the info but I'll be honest I didn't read all of it...I kept getting lost in Gary Bettman's dreamy eyes. In my opinion it's just delay of game if you don't make it out for the faceoff. Anything else is silliness. Just an old d-man's thoughts. Cheers