raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone play double or nothing SNGs?

Any tips? Guys play extremely tight in these. Trying to figure out some good strategy.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

play tight , watch the players who are sseted next to you .
    If the blinds get higher its often pretty easy to steal the blinds and survive until 5 players are out.
    But be careful if one of those nits suddenly call you down preflop.

jolub
    jolub's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played in two of these and lost both times. I was told to play tight which I did. The problem is that the blinds go up at the speed of light. You have to be hitting or you get blinded out.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm 10-3 so far w/these double/nothing turbos the last 2 nights...all $10.40s except 2-0 w/$20.80! I just got back on Stars...these really fit my style as I usually got alot of 3rds & "bubble out" 4ths w/the regular SnGs! I'm not trying to brag but I think some money can be grinded out w/these by a decent player! I'm watching TV or avoiding the old lady anyway so might as well make a little $

1. I mostly play late evenings.....chasers are chasing and drinkers are drinking
    2. Picking up chips isn't nearly as important as regular SnGs! If you can chip up to 2000...its about like doubling up to 3k w/a regular SnG!
    3. If you're card dead...don't PANIC! Just this morning b4 work...3 of us including me were shorties w/7 left! One of the other shorties tries to steal from the button w/Ace3 off and pushes 1100 or so (blinds 100/200)...he gets nailed by one of the bigger stacks
    He had position...didn't need to be that desperate! It's almost like a game of chicken...which of the shorties will panic first? I know stealing is important at times but not vs the big dog w/Ace3 off?? This is the 2nd biggest hole there is with SnGs besides playing too many hands!

I'm no whiz and 13 games is a ton of poker for less than $100 profit but there seems to be very little risk which is nice and these fit my style to a tee! I'm RenoHghTower if you want to sit w/me sometime!

GL!!
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 02-25-09 at 11:21 AM.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ya i did a few of them, very easy 2 cash.

Steal blinds when ur late position as much as possible, DNT BLUFF in these unless under circumstances, 1 big hand usually will get u into the money if u dnt play dumb!!

Basic Billions
    Basic Billions's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy To Cash Double Up Tournies

I agree these are good tourneys to cash in if you play smart. Its mainly a position game. The blinds are going 2 move fast yes, but that leaves low stacks to be in better position to steal pots against solo players.

Multi-tabling double up sit and goes is also a great way to build a huge bankroll. Make sure you are using good bank roll management techniques because you have to be able to with stand a maximum loss at any time with out hurting your whole roll.

Here is a handy guide Hand Ranking Guide to help win at poker for all my fellow players out there. Good Luck on the tables.

Pokerstars ID = KeionLBryant

Check my online hand history here = http://basicbillions.mysbrforum.com/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Basic Billions; 03-19-09 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Had to put up an attachment